Game 56 - Bruins at Blues GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Game 56 - Bruins at Blues GDT

By Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff WILMINGTON

"The Bruins concluded their first practice at Ristuccia Arena without Zdeno Chara. The captain will not play Thursday against St. Louis or on Saturday against Ottawa. Chara was scheduled to depart today for Sochi, where he will take part in the Olympics opening ceremony.

With Chara absent, the Bruins will look to their baby-faced defense to support Tuukka Rask against the Blues. “We’re looking forward to seeing those guys with a little more responsibility than when Z’s around,” coach Claude Julien said. “You don’t win hockey games with just one player. We know one player can make a difference. But at the end of the night, when you look at the game, it’s about the whole team. Right now, we’ve got to go into this game tomorrow and the game on Saturday knowing we have to play a real good team game.”

The next challenge will be the Blues in St. Louis tomorrow night.Boston put up a fight back on November 21, in their eventual 3-2 shootout loss to St. Louis at TD Garden. "Both teams could have walked out of here and said, ‘You know what, hard-fought game,’ and both teams would have been happy," Bruins Head Coach Claude Julien had said following the game. "They're a tough team, they're doing very well this year," said blueliner Kevan Miller, who made his NHL debut in that game.

The Blues are tied for third in the league with Pittsburgh (80 points), just behind Chicago and Anaheim. If the Bruins are a measuring stick from the East, the Blues are the same in the West. "We just need to be ready to go tomorrow; we've been playing pretty well lately. I know they don't give up very many goals, so we need to do a good job in our defensive zone as well," said Miller.

Matt Bartkowski and Johnny Boychuk will be the No. 1 pairing. Here is the rest of today’s practice lineup:

White Jerseys: Milan Lucic - David Krejci - Jarome Iginla

Gold: Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Reilly Smith

Gray: Chris Kelly - Carl Soderberg - Loui Eriksson

Merlot: Daniel Paille - Gregory Campbell - Shawn Thornton

Defense: Johnny Boychuk, Matt Bartkowski, Dougie Hamilton, Kevan Miller, Torey Krug, David Warsofsky

Goalies: Tuukka Rask, Chad Johnson

PP1: Krug, Warsofsky, Lucic, Krejci, Iginla.

PP2: Hamilton, Smith, Bergeron, Eriksson, Soderberg."

Haven't seen if Tuukka was 1st goalie off from the Bruins twitter morning skate tweet yet. I'm going to guess he gets the start then Johnson goes against Ottawa on Saturday.

Warsofsky moves the puck well on the PP. So Lucic will probably take Chara's spot in front of the net on the 1st PP unit. Blues games are always hard fought.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Re: Game 56 - Bruins at Blues GDT

Interesting match, tonight.

Let's see how the boys handle life without Z.

I'm expecting a good show.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

A BRUINS victory w/out Chara and Seidenberg (McQuaid) tonight will pay out big dividends to our boys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

We should see lots of speed in our D the next two games just hope we don't get caught up ice to much. The blues are sapose to have the best D in the business, Look forward to see how our young guns hold up.

Go Bruins

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Look at that defense, and against one of the better teams to boot. I'm interested to see how thye perform. I think they'll be okay, but we are going to get a little taste of what life without Big Z is like.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

why not put in johnston and rest the 1st line while the bruins are on a role ,CHARA should have left after this game, don,t get this leaving early thing  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

He's the flag bearer for his country in the olympics, what is there not to get? Huge honor.

Whose Johnston?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's the flag bearer for his country in the olympics, what is there not to get? Huge honor.

Whose Johnston?

[/QUOTE]

Not my Johnston...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Keep your hand Sweet Hands off my Johnston!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Wow, Boychuck and the kids manning the blue line.  

Definitely will be a great test for these guys.  Let's see how they handle it.  A great opportunity to learn what it takes - STL is no FLA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to bruinsfan084evr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

why not put in johnston and rest the 1st line while the bruins are on a role ,CHARA should have left after this game, don,t get this leaving early thing  

[/QUOTE]

Leaving after this game wouldn't help - he'd finish tonight's game close to 10 EST. You really expect him to be able to get cleaned up, get to the airport, travel through the night the 5,948 miles to Sochi, make it on time, and still be ready to be the flagbearer? The Concorde's not around anymore and even when it existed I'm pretty sure they had no direct flights from Missouri to the Black Sea.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is Z carrying the flag because he has the longest pole?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

His certainly stands the highest.

Johnson jokes are at a premium in this thread so far.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

The confidence Bruins have in this D line up going into this game tonight is a true testament to the Bruins defensive dept for sure win or lose..........

Note: This Soderberg fellow is totally kickin but at the center position creating great scoring chances almost every shift with his effort and hustle, 'Love it" he's been that good! actually keeping fans on the edge of their seat offensively. that's deep if ya know what i mean as compared to last years 3rd line. and his effort on the PP has been very good. that really improves Bostons chances this year..........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Blues are a hard hitting big team. Really enjoyed their series with LA last year.  I think you will see a massive forecheck game on this backend.   Im going out and saying Bruins 4.  StL 2.  Rask stands on his head.  Krug with 2 snipes.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Warsofsky playing on a team trying to crack the line up against a team he was traded from. Sounds like a motivated player to me, hope he has a big game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:[QUOTE] 

STL is no FLA [/QUOTE]

Barbecue is better but no shuffleboard.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Really looking forward to seeing how our young D does tonight... could be a war!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Hey fellow NB Bruins fans...I am on Rogers - what channel is the game on tonight?!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Pound yappy lappy Lapierre!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Jack makes on-air admission of "man-crush" on Iginla...off to a good start tonight!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey fellow NB Bruins fans...I am on Rogers - what channel is the game on tonight?!

[/QUOTE]

Nevermind guys...the game is 'unlisted' on the Rogers guide. It is on ch.450 (Fox Blues) and ch.465(NESN).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Blues are a hard hitting big team. Really enjoyed their series with LA last year.  I think you will see a massive forecheck game on this backend.   Im going out and saying Bruins 4.  StL 2.  Rask stands on his head.  Krug with 2 snipes.  

[/QUOTE]

For some reason, I think Shuperman is on to something...not sure about Krug though.

A couple helpers for him though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Don't call the high stick right to Louis face right before the goal there refs!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

What a blast from Steen

Sections
Shortcuts