Game 6 Thread: Bruins v. Habs (3-2 Series Lead)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Game 6 Thread: Bruins v. Habs (3-2 Series Lead)

Here we go, hope this is finished tonight:

***Corey Potter Watch: Appears to not longer be injured and available for action***

Big story: The Boston Bruins can advance to the Eastern Conference Final for the second straight season with a victory at Bell Centre. They became the first team in this Eastern Conference Second Round series to win two in a row with a 4-2 victory in Game 5 against the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday.

The Bruins aren't making plans for the next round yet.

"It's just like losing, you know, you want to park it as quick as you can and focus on that next game. And you always know that the fourth win in a series is the toughest one to get," Bruins forward Milan Lucic said. "You know we were in this position three years ago up 3-2 going into Montreal, and you know we didn't have our best game and dropped that one. So like I said, we know how tough it's going to be going into the Bell Centre with the crowd and with them coming out with their best effort."

Three times in the past four seasons the Bruins went on the road with a chance to clinch in a Game 6 and failed.

The Canadiens, who swept the Tampa Bay Lightning in the first round and won Games 1 and 3 of this series, rarely trailed in a game, let alone in a series, before they lost Game 5.

Team Scope:

Bruins: Boston led for 11:39 in the first four games but grabbed the lead in the first period of Game 5 and never relinquished it. Another solid start could be the key to the Bruins' hopes of ending this series short of Game 7. Catch-up hockey is taxing.

"It's tough. You put a lot of pressure on yourself to try to get those goals back, and if they're not going in it's pretty tough mentally," forward Reilly Smith said. "Physically it doesn't change too much because you're battling to get the puck out just as hard as you're trying to get the puck in."

Canadiens: Montreal was disappointed in its emotional response to the series being tied and the chance it had to head home one win from wrapping it up. The Canadiens are confident that won't be the case in Game 6 with their season on the line.

"Well, you back any animal into a corner, it's going to be desperate," goaltender Carey Price said. "I think we're going to be a desperate hockey club coming into the next game and I think we're excited for the challenge."

Who's hot: Bruins forwards Carl Soderberg, Loui Eriksson and Matt Fraser combined for six points in Game 5. Soderberg has one goal and four assists in the series. Goaltender Tuukka Rask has allowed two goals in the past two games. ... Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban scored a goal in Game 5 and has 12 points in his past eight games, including six points in this series.

Injury report: Bruins forward Chris Kelly (back), and defensemen Dennis Seidenberg (ACL/MCL) and Adam McQuaid (ankle) remain out. ... Montreal forward Alex Galchenyuk (lower body) remains out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Game 6 Thread: Bruins v. Habs (3-2 Series Lead)

Thank God Potter is back to healthy.  He's such an important part of the team's depth.  Without him available as the 10th defenseman, I've been losing a ton of sleep.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, Game 6 has seemed to be the B's nemesis for a while, but that could all change tonight.  I really hope we see the killer instinct tonight.  Got a wounded animal in the corner.

And who doesn't want to see this happen on the Bell Centre Ice?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If they win, I'd like to see Thornton standing at the exit doors with his water bottles, personally squirting each Montreal fan in the face.

Just to get the riot started.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Tonights game will be a circus.  Hoping the refs can contain it, fairly and not be influenced , intimidated . Always so much drama in Montreal especially with the bottle squirt. It's still the topic "du jour" in Momtreal  .  Drama !

Bruins key is to keep this game close fir the 1st and 2nd periods.  If that's the case they will win tonight. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If they win, I'd like to see Thornton standing at the exit doors with his water bottles, personally squirting each Montreal fan in the face.

Just to get the riot started.

[/QUOTE]

If they win tonight I would love Subban to bring a water bottle when shaking hands and squirt Thornton , now we're even.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I want this over tonight, but it will be tough..I do not want to sweat out a game 7 of course nobody does.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

It almost looked like the Habs were out of gas in the last game or maybe the Bruins were that darn good.

Ditto it must end tonight after-all it is Montreal and no one wants to see a game 7

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sat  had a feeling of confidence bruins would win.  Today I have no feeling one way  or the other.  

[/QUOTE]

Fatty shoulder blades getting you down?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:[QUOTE] I want this over tonight, but it will be tough..I do not want to sweat out a game 7 of course nobody does. [/QUOTE]

Agreed, just need to weather that early adrenalin rush the Shabs get from the Bell Centre crowd. Montreal still has no answer for the Bruins 3rd line also the Boston's PP has got some life back and that spells more trouble.

Good to see you back Stinkman!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stinkman's comment:[QUOTE] I want this over tonight, but it will be tough..I do not want to sweat out a game 7 of course nobody does. [/QUOTE]

Agreed, just need to weather that early adrenalin rush the Shabs get from the Bell Centre crowd. Montreal still has no answer for the Bruins 3rd line also the Boston's PP has got some life back and that spells more trouble.

[/QUOTE]

Agree with the PP being the difference,thats huge and you know the B's will get at least one PP.If its a tight game in the third a timely PP goal could clinch it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

We keep them at bay for the first 10. Play lockdown D and keep them from point shots on the PK because we know there will be some tonight. We win by our game between the blue lines and take it to the net when we have a chance. Its high time Marchand wiggle one in tonight and let the pounding take over.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Thank goodness I read the Canadien players feel they are wearing down the Bs with their speed, otherwise the Bs will win tonight!  Hehe.  It should be a fun game to watch.  I think it comes down to Rask; he has to have the confidence to stop some of the Montreal breakaways.  

"Don't judge me monkey" 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bruins win 3-2 in OT.  Marchand nets winner.  Rides stick while sparying water bottle at fans.    Riot in montreal tonight.   Montreal hope is gone.   Not dressing Briere is a kiss of death.   Hes a clutch offensive guy.   Maybe they should scratch Bourque, Max and Vanek bc they are doing nadda.  

I wonder why Tinordi hasnt had a chance yet.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bruins win 3-2 in OT.  Marchand nets winner.  Rides stick while sparying water bottle at fans.    Riot in montreal tonight.   Montreal hope is gone.   Not dressing Briere is a kiss of death.   Hes a clutch offensive guy.   Maybe they should scratch Bourque, Max and Vanek bc they are doing nadda.  

I wonder why Tinordi hasnt had a chance yet.   

[/QUOTE]

Because Therrien knows what he's getting with "Quicksand" Murray,he's slow & doesn't take any chances.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I would just like to see some early scoring so I can sit back and enjoy the game. Start with a couple in the first, a couple in the 2nd finishing with two more in the third (incl. EN).

6-3 Bs. Marchand with 2G.

ST chips in with one that 'squirts' between the legs of Price.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sat  had a feeling of confidence bruins would win.  Today I have no feeling one way  or the other.  

[QUOTE]

Fatty shoulder blades getting you down?

It's Tubby Shoulderpads...get it right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Listening in on Montreal radio there is little to no optimism there.  They are complaining about lack of scoring from Vanek and Maxi Pad.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Listening in on Montreal radio there is little to no optimism there.  They are complaining about lack of scoring from Vanek and Maxi Pad.

[/QUOTE]

Over here in Boston Sports Radio they have this man Tony Maurano saying stupid stuff.. The way he talks is like 16 year old pep rally stuff. He offers no insight at all. He just says habs in seven. Making no sense at all. Not saying his prediction can't come out don't think it will. I WANT THE CANADIENS OUT TONIGHT!! FINISHED! ELIMINATED! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's good to be back but I didn't go anywhere.. I go on the sox- pats boards. But like I say I try to play nice with everyone. I can't wait for tonight. I want them to close this out in Montreal. I have been in that building  many times ,it would be good if they can do it. I agree with Marco on one thing I felt they where going to win game 5 , tonight I have no feeling either way. See you people tonight.  The Boss has called . Thanks San.. GO BRUINS!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

14-0 Bruins.  Fat gets it started, Fraser gets two, Marchand and Krejci get off the schneid and then Therrien pulls Price for the whole 3rd period on and off - puts him back in for every faceoff except O-zone faceoffs, then pulls him as soon as Montreal has the puck.  Bruins add 9 EN goals before Therrien sends out Budaj to kill the clock.

...or just a Bruins win, however it happens.

Are you not entertained?!?!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

14-0 Bruins.  Fat gets it started, Fraser gets two, Marchand and Krejci get off the schneid and then Therrien pulls Price for the whole 3rd period on and off - puts him back in for every faceoff except O-zone faceoffs, then pulls him as soon as Montreal has the puck.  Bruins add 9 EN goals before Therrien sends out Budaj to kill the clock.

...or just a Bruins win, however it happens.

Are you not entertained?!?!

6-0 B's,Fat with the Hat,Tubby with two & the Honey Badger with one. Budaj in for the 3rd.