Game 6 Thread: Bruins v. Habs (3-2 Series Lead)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Re: Game 6 Thread: Bruins v. Habs (3-2 Series Lead)

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thank God Potter is back to healthy.  He's such an important part of the team's depth.  Without him available as the 10th defenseman, I've been losing a ton of sleep.

[/QUOTE]

Who won the gold medals in hockey in the olympics.....AGAIN

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This was the last game the Habs will play in front of their home fans this year. 

I hope you're right. I truly hate the Habs and the city of Montreal. One thing is perfectly clear; the BRUINS and the Habs is a real rivalry, not the fake one called RED SOX/ Yank-ems.

[/QUOTE]

They couldn't get it done tonight largely because of being unable to cash in the chances they did get but also I thought the Habs upped their level of energy. That said, we know the Bruins are capable of a better showing. We saw it last Saturday. To me, the question is can the Habs? Tonight Montreal's 18 skaters were more than a match for Boston's 18. On Wednesday they won't.

[/QUOTE]

Hope your right as well -- The thought of a Habs and potential Rags Semi is my worst nightmare. Literally tied for 1st on my hated team list.

[/QUOTE]

zam, you know with their experience the Bruins will be ready and hot to make up for tonight's missed opportunity. My merde-talking to a jack-hole Bruin-hating, Pens-loving teacher at my school's gonna have to wait until Thursday.

[/QUOTE]

Did you catch the post game question to CJ by some dink media guy? "What do you expect in game 7"? -- "I expect to win the game" and walks away. He was trying to be cool and calm but I though his head was going to explode. Good Stuff.

[/QUOTE]

I missed it, zam but I'm gonna look for it. Well said  Claude Julien. Like he had that answer cocked and ready to fire. As an aside, anyone know how to prevent replies from being 5 stories high? Seems worse when I try to edit them closer together.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

We will win game 7 if the leaders of this team show.  Thats Krejci.. score a dam goal or set someone up with a tap in, Bergeron... do what your doing but more of it..  Chara... has to be a beast on defenes and score a goal... Marchand... stop playing like you want to be traded in the offseason..  We are where we are mostly because of the lesser players stepping up but that won't be enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Watched the game from opening face-off till the final siren ,very tough to watch,nothing went right,and i mean nothing,the game went totally down hill after the Miller miscue.Thought the B's still had a chance after escaping the first period down 1-0 but the "movie reviewers" goal seemed to pop the balloon.The Bruins passes were off and had real trouble even getting quality shots through to the Scabs net,Price didn't have one difficult shot to stop, the B's sure make that guy look good when they want too.All this being said,the B's will win game 7 at home in front of their home fans.Lets face it,the Scabs were desperate and did not want to get illiminated on home ice and it showed but they will get illiminated on Bruin ice,count on it.   

[/QUOTE]

Cautiously optimistic but this Hab team scares me. Watching all the missed opportunities -- I worry that Price is in their heads. Hoping for a big effort and some luck as well for Wednesday. See you all there my friends -- over and out.

[/QUOTE]

Price isn't in their heads.  He hardly was even challenged tonight.  THe blocked shots are frustrating them.  They need to get back to crashing the net and winning the board battles just like they did in Game 5.  Price is the least of their worries.  

They won the Prez Trophy.  Now is when that extra juice at home helps.  The last Game 7 with the Habs was the Horton OT winner.  I hope they use THAT game as motivation.  They should go for the knockout punch.  If the Bs come out in a certain mindset, the Habs will fold.  

This series is like a big elephant, with all this natural power, who's having a hard time shaking off some pesky hyenas taking bites and climbing all over him.  It's time the elephant just stomped them all to a pulp.  That's what's happening Weds.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

If there's one positive to come out of last night its how badly the Bs lost. That should be a powerful motivator for team which is defined by the comeback.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

It's not unusual for one or two players have a bad series.

What is unusual is when  5 - 7 Bruins have a bad series.  That is what is happening.  Krecji line is terrible.  Marchand is lost.  Paille and Campbell are driving me nuts.  Chara has done next to nothing.  Rask has been subpar.

Kind of amazing that the Bruins are even playing a game 7 when you think about it.  That is a testament to their toughness and just how anemic the Montreal offense is.

You have to figure that this can't last and that the Bs will get a breakout performance by someone who is struggling

Defense.  It is still important.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Montreal's best game against us last night. They played desperate and fought for every puck. The Bruins did not match thier tenacity on the puck and so we lost. Dispite all that it was a close game, take away the 2 gift goals as Rask puts it and the EN goal this comes down to a 1-0 game and we mised 3 good chances to score we should have got at least one of them. In the end though we did not match them, the early fluke goal got us behind the 8 Ball.

Now anything can happen game 7. Are we as good as we think we are. Yes we are and we will show it Wednesday night. Hang on to your hats, this is not over we will prevail.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Montreal's best game against us last night. They played desperate and fought for every puck. The Bruins did not match thier tenacity on the puck and so we lost. Dispite all that it was a close game, take away the 2 gift goals as Rask puts it and the EN goal this comes down to a 1-0 game and we mised 3 good chances to score we should have got at least one of them. In the end though we did not match them, the early fluke goal got us behind the 8 Ball.

Now anything can happen game 7. Are we as good as we think we are. Yes we are and we will show it Wednesday night. Hang on to your hats, this is not over we will prevail.

[/QUOTE]

It won't even be close. Bruins will win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

To be blunt. The only clear winning game we had is game 5.   Game two was another last period dramatic come back, game 4 was anyones game scored on a lucky bounce in ot.  I certainly dont think the Bruins have been the dominate team.  In stretches they sure dominate.  And in game 5 they dominated like we know they can.   

Montreal is a solid team.  Starting from Price then out.  

Game 7 at home against the habs.  Does it get any better then that.  It should a great game.  Cant wait. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To be blunt. The only clear winning game we had is game 5.   Game two was another last period dramatic come back, game 4 was anyones game scored on a lucky bounce in ot.  I certainly dont think the Bruins have been the dominate team.  In stretches they sure dominate.  And in game 5 they dominated like we know they can.   

Montreal is a solid team.  Starting from Price then out.  

Game 7 at home against the habs.  Does it get any better then that.  It should a great game.  Cant wait. 

[/QUOTE]

I thought the B's clearly outplayed the Scabs in game #1 as well but were not rewarded with the result.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

50,  i dont.  The habs blew a 3rd period lead twice where the bruins were amazing in the the 3rd.  But i thought the first 2 were advantage habs or at least a draw. 

Gm2 we didnt deserve other then the final period.  Gm 3 adv montreal.  Gm 4 1-0 ot win which was well played by both.  Gm5 we dominated a penalty filled game.  Game 6 we were owned.   

For me if you take game 5 away....well lets say im thrilled to be able to play in a game 7.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

50,  i dont.  The habs blew a 3rd period lead twice where the bruins were amazing in the the 3rd.  But i thought the first 2 were advantage habs or at least a draw. 

Gm2 we didnt deserve other then the final period.  Gm 3 adv montreal.  Gm 4 1-0 ot win which was well played by both.  Gm5 we dominated a penalty filled game.  Game 6 we were owned.   

For me if you take game 5 away....well lets say im thrilled to be able to play in a game 7.  

[/QUOTE]

Well i guess then, the B's play game 7 like they did game 5 and their on their way to the next round.The B's won the Presidents trophy which gives them home ice advantage in every round, so nows the time to use it to their advantage, win or go home.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

The only games Montreal played better than the Bruins is game 6 and maybe the I'll give them game 4 edge. Game 2 Montreal should have never been up by two and we finally broke through in the 3rd. The game is played for 60 minutes not less. Even game 3 was a tossup.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It won't even be close. Bruins will win.

[/QUOTE]

What series and team have you been watching?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to mitchco98's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to mitchco98's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lurch had a great game tonight. Great compete level on the second goal.

[/QUOTE]

Really? Communication error with Rask -- It happens. Nothing to do with compete level. This guy is there game after game matched up the opposing teams best players like no other player in the league. Go watch a baseball game and bore yourself to death.

[/QUOTE]

The slow moving defenseman should have hauled down Patch, let the PK do their work. Don't  blame this on a communication error. Face it the game is too fast for Lurch.

[/QUOTE]

Typical post by Mitcho who knows as much about hockey as Pauly1.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good ole objective Shupe.  The Bruins didn't dominate game one. LOL

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thank God Potter is back to healthy.  He's such an important part of the team's depth.  Without him available as the 10th defenseman, I've been losing a ton of sleep.

[/QUOTE]

Who won the gold medals in hockey in the olympics.....AGAIN

[/QUOTE]

I can see why that response is relevant to a post about Corey Potter.

Thank god your back.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good ole objective Shupe.  The Bruins didn't dominate game one. LOL

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

[/QUOTE]

Ive seen the Bruins dominate many games this year.  They didnt lose one of them 4-3.  While trailing the entire game.  Gm 2 was a sleepy game where the habs tried to protect a lead.  Gm 3 habs.  Gm4 0-0 game until ot(very evenly played game).  Gm 5 bruins dominate.  Gm 6 habs dominate.  

This has been 2 very solid teams playing.  I definiately dont think we ve been the dominate team.  

After tomorrow one team will have bragging rights.  I hope the refs are similar to those in momtreal in gms 3-4.   This has been a great series.