Game 68: Wild @ Bruins GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Game 68: Wild @ Bruins GDT

WILD (35-22-10) at BRUINS (45-17-5) TV: TSN2, NBCSN

Last 10: Minnesota 6-1-3; Boston 8-1-1

Season series: This is the first of two games between the Minnesota Wild and Boston Bruins. The teams haven't faced each other since Feb. 19, 2012, when Niklas Backstrom stopped all 48 shots to lead Minnesota to a 2-0 win at Xcel Energy Center.

Big story: The Bruins are on an eight-game winning streak, their longest since a 10-game run in November 2011. They lead the Eastern Conference with 95 points and are 11-1-2 in their past 14 games, 16-2-3 in their past 21 and 9-2-0 in their past 11 at TD Garden.

If there's any team ripe to halt the Bruins' surge it's the Wild, who begin a three-game road trip with a 15-5-5 record in 2014. Minnesota is 6-0-0 all-time in Boston and 10-1-0 against the Bruins since entering the NHL in 2000-01.

Team Scope: Wild: Minnesota went 1-0-3 on its recent four-game homestand to solidify its hold on a Stanley Cup Playoff spot. Although the Wild had points in all four of those games, the belief in the locker room was that an opportunity to gain more ground had slipped away.

"It's weird," forward Zach Parise said after Minnesota lost 2-1 in a shootout Saturday to the Columbus Blue Jackets. "I mean, yeah, we did lose three. But those are big points for us at the same time. But unfortunately it's still a loss and you still have that losing feeling. It's too bad because we played pretty decent in a few of the games we lost."

Bruins: The question in Boston's dressing room following a 5-1 win against the Carolina Hurricanes on Saturday is whether the Bruins are peaking too soon. During their winning streak, the Bruins have outscored opponents 32-12 with 14 different players scoring a goal -- all this during a March schedule that features 17 games in 31 days.

"We [don't] talk about the streak. We just talk about game by game, and it just seems to give us a better feeling and a better focus," coach Claude Julien said. "So that's the way you don't get content or comfortable and you keep plugging away."

Who's hot: Parise has a four-game point streak and at least one point in 11 of his past 13 games (8-9-17). Wild right wing Jason Pominville has three goals and five assists in his past five games. Center Mikael Granlund has seven points (one goal, six assists) in his past eight games. The Parise-Granlund-Pominville line has 35 points (13 goals, 22 assists) since forming Jan. 30 … Bruins forward Jarome Iginla has four goals and five points in his past four games. Forward Milan Lucic has two goals and four assists in a four-game point streak. Center David Krejci has 23 points in his past 21 games. Backup goalie Chad Johnson is 8-0-1 in his past nine starts.

Injury report: Wild forward Jason Zucker (leg surgery), and goalies Backstrom and Josh Harding (illness) are on injured reserve … Bruins defensemen Adam McQuaid (strained quadriceps) and Dennis Seidenberg (right knee surgery) are on IR.

Embedded image permalink

Happy St. Patty's Day!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Game 68: Wild @ Bruins GDT

Hes got an awesome playoff beard going early.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Boychuk not in for the morning skate.  resting him ?  could he be the healthy (bruised) scratch ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boychuk not in for the morning skate.  resting him ?  could he be the healthy (bruised) scratch ?

[/QUOTE]

Time to rest he and chara a lot.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Word is Johnny B is trying out the new Dustin Brown "illness" along with the "minor lower-body" injury.

Double something-or-other LoL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Boychuk not in for the morning skate.  resting him ?  could he be the healthy (bruised) scratch ?[/QUOTE]

Word is Johnny B is trying out the new Dustin Brown "illness" along with the "minor lower-body" injury.

Double something-or-other LoL

[/QUOTE]

take it to nite's bank !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Boy has Nicklas Backstrom fallen.

Don't get to see the Wild that much, should be a good test.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Maybe "Planet" Bryz tonight for the Wild,the team name is perfect for Bryz.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

The Bruins have never won at home against the Minnesota Wild before. They are 0-6 against the Wild at the Garden and 2-10 overall. The Wild have a 35-16 scoring edge against the B's. Who knew?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Ghislain Hebert and Francois St. Laurent; two French refs tonight..........let's hope they don't put on a show and they let the two teams play 5 on 5 hockey tonight  .........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

That picture of Tuukka has scarred and scared me. It is the stuff of nightmares.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Yeah them French refs are sure theatrical.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"All Bruin players required to wear Kevlar Socks tonight!"

Oh that is a beauty!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Mr Scuuumbaaag, m.c. is in town. Leave all your good players on the bench.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"All Bruin players required to wear Kevlar Socks tonight!"

Oh that is a beauty!

[/QUOTE]

BAWHAAA! WOW! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ghislain Hebert and Francois St. Laurent; two French refs tonight..........let's hope they don't put on a show and they let the two teams play 5 on 5 hockey tonight  .........

[/QUOTE]

Scabs aren't playing tonight so i would hope the calls should be pretty even. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mr Scuuumbaaag, m.c. is in town. Leave all your good players on the bench.

[/QUOTE]

Yep - I'm hoping the B's open up a lead and Thornton knocks out a few chicklets or worse... wouldn't mind seeing a strectcher.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep - I'm hoping the B's open up a lead and Thornton knocks out a few chicklets or worse... wouldn't mind seeing a strectcher.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with the sentiment, but Thornton didn't take him handily last time and Cookie wasn't bleeding.  We need a new cement head.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with the sentiment, but Thornton didn't take him handily last time and Cookie wasn't bleeding.  We need a new cement head.

[/QUOTE]

Brian McGrattan,one scary looking dude.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bruins had him at one time, too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bruins had him at one time, too.

i know,i think they were giving him a chance to get back in the league.My recollection is he had sought help for substance abuse problems,had got them under control and the B's gave him a chance.They still had the greatest 4th line enforcer in the world in their line up though,so it was basically to give McGrattan a chance at ctaching on with another team again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

i know,i think they were giving him a chance to get back in the league.My recollection is he had sought help for substance abuse problems,had got them under control and the B's gave him a chance.They still had the greatest 4th line enforcer in the world in their line up though,so it was basically to give McGrattan a chance at ctaching on with another team again.

You're right, 50. He spoke of his sobriety on one of HNIC's After Hours segment from Calgary earlier this year. Didn't he recently have a 2 game goal scoring streak going?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're right, 50. He spoke of his sobriety on one of HNIC's After Hours segment from Calgary earlier this year. Didn't he recently have a 2 game goal scoring streak going?

[/QUOTE]

I think your right RHO,i know one of them was on Eddie Lack from center ice!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Facing a team needing playoff points, this will be a tough game... good tuner for the playoffs (nothing on the line for Bruins so I just hope they stay healthy.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Looks like Bart needs a rest!