Game 69 Bruins at Devils

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Game 69 Bruins at Devils

I always liked these Devil jerseys better than the other red and black versions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I always liked these Devil jerseys better than the other red and black versions.

[/QUOTE]

Richie that green is brutal. But it does bring back good memories of the bourque neely teams beating the devils in the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brodeur in net tonight for the Devils.

[/QUOTE]

kel, he's got 121 shutouts right now. Sawchuk's record of 103 lasted since his final year in 1970. Think Brodeur's will last as long or longer? The next closest active guys are 34 year old Luongo with 62 and Nabakov's 57 but he's 38.

[/QUOTE]

I'd never say never, but thats got to be one of the tougher records in sports to break. Gretzky's single season point record, all-time points and Dimaggios 56 game hitting streak would be up there.

[/QUOTE]

It's gonna be a while before someone gets in range.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I haven't seen this much interference in New Jersey, by them, since the mid-90s. Miller has his stick thrown right in front of the ref and no call. What a disgrace!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Richie that green is brutal. But it does bring back good memories of the bourque neely teams beating the devils in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

They do, Loyal. I was also thinking of when Shanahan was there also. When I think of some of the jerseys that are in the league their usual red with the black square shoulders seem tame.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I haven't seen this much interference in New Jersey, by them, since the mid-90s. Miller has his stick thrown right in front of the ref and no call. What a disgrace!

[/QUOTE]

He looked ready to hammer the guy who did it, San.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I don't think Potter has been bad... doing what a defensive defenseman does (quietly keeping the puck from the dangerous spots.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Miller second on the team in TOI only behaind Chara... way to go!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Heaven forbid the B's get a PP.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]

Lucic vs Clowe. How many people stopped what they were doing when you heard those names?

[/QUOTE]

and how'd it go?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lucic vs Clowe. How many people stopped what they were doing when you heard those names?

[/QUOTE]

and how'd it go?

[/QUOTE]

Pretty even,no knockdowns or haymakers landed,lots thrown though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Scott Stevens would have been a great Bruin!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Third line continues to produce.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bruins outscoring opponents 40-14 in the 3rd period.

Did I hear that right from Jack ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He said it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Absolutley.

I keep waiting for Jack to call the names of Kirk Muller, Brendan Shanahan,Pat Verbeek and some saves by Tererri.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Absolutley.

I keep waiting for Jack to call the names of Kirk Muller, Brendan Shanahan,Pat Verbeek and some saves by Tererri.

[/QUOTE]

Joe Cirella, Aaron Broten and one of my early favourites, small but tough Garry Howatt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Not right. They have > 200 goals scored and lead the league in 3rd period goals, so do the math.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

"Time out by the Bruins. Trying to maximize cardiovascular recovery." Jack Edwards

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Phantom icings now?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:[QUOTE]

Did I hear that right from Jack ? [/QUOTE]

Not right. They have > 200 goals scored and lead the league in 3rd period goals, so do the math. [/QUOTE]

Yah I missed at what point of the season Jack might have mentioned. Hoping someone caught it at what point.

Loving the throwback music in Jersey tonight!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Absolutley.

[/QUOTE]

Joe Cirella, Aaron Broten and one of my early favourites, small but tough Garry Howatt.

[/QUOTE]

Howatt -- the "toy tiger" known to stand up to Schultz in his hayday. Only spent a couple seasons with the devils -- lots of time with the Islanders.

Another favorite that split some time between the 2 teams was Resch. My personal favorite as he sold the game to the fans in Jersey. I used to play in an adult league at the Ice World in Totowa. It was a double rink where the Devils used to practice when they moved from Colorado. Chico would hang out in the parking lot and just talk with us little people after practice. A class guy all the way.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

Not right. They have > 200 goals scored and lead the league in 3rd period goals, so do the math. [/QUOTE]

Yah I missed at what point of the season Jack might have mentioned. Hoping someone caught it at what point.

[/QUOTE]

No usual arena playlist tonight. From Springsteen to The B-52's.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe that he said the Bs have outscored the opposition 40-14 in the last ten games(during the winning streak)...

Nice win tonight.

Feeling good about this team...I hope I am not peaking too soon!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Howatt -- the "toy tiger" known to stand up to Schultz in his hayday. Only spent a couple seasons with the devils -- lots of time with the Islanders.

Another favorite that split some time between the 2 teams was Resch. My personal favorite as he sold the game to the fans in Jersey. I used to play in an adult league at the Ice World in Totowa. It was a double rink where the Devils used to practice when they moved from Colorado. Chico would hang out in the parking lot and just talk with us little people after practice. A class guy all the way.  

[/QUOTE]

Totally forgot about that nickname, zam.