Game 7: Bruins at Lightning - Game day thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Game 7: Bruins at Lightning - Game day thread

In response to bim09's comment:

I get a kick out of how Gordy and Billy talk about how good a grinder game Iginla's playing.  Top line wingers are suppose to be good a producing of fence' not grinding a lane.

bim, what's wrong with being able to do that and score goals?  Wouldn't it make him more of a total package? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UtahBruin. Show UtahBruin's posts

ST with the snipe!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Yea that Thorty snipe was pretty.

Rho, it would, but he's not scoring. :\

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

King Carl Yeti having a good game so far, like what i see. Caron could be sitting for awhile.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Love all these goals. no sweat for a change

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

King Carl Yeti having a good game so far, like what i see. Caron could be sitting for awhile.

[/QUOTE]

In an ideal world it would be Thornton in the press box.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]

Where's the 40 goal scorer the Bruin's signed last summer?

[/QUOTE]

In front of the net setting up screens to allow D-Men who never score -- to get a goal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Good go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Yea that Thorty snipe was pretty.

Rho, it would, but he's not scoring. :\

...yet, bim.  He contributing in other areas; screens in the crease and as we just saw scrapping for his team.  His history seems to show he's a slow starter but once he gets going he's a consistent scorer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Bergeron just saved a goal there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Give the guy credit for his guts but can the trainers super glue Campbell's gloves on before he gets killed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I wonder who his heir apparent will be.  Or if one is even needed for his role.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Complete game domination.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Good game.

Zambo, your right but can't any player do that?  He just needs to relax and let it fly trusting that shot of his.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Tampa needs more finishers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Good night overall -- Habs get late PP = no shots on goal then with just over a minute left -- Seth Jones with a slick move to beat Price for the win. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]

Good game.

Zambo, your right but can't any player do that?  He just needs to relax and let it fly trusting that shot of his.

[/QUOTE]

10-4

Praying once the 1st one goes in -- the flood gates open.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Hard to argue with the line-up that Claude had out there tonight. Seemed like all four lines were really going. Soderberg demonstrated that he is indeed a talent upgrade over Caron (and a few others) and also added something to the second power play unit. Krejci was at times...mesmerizing. Dominating performance by the B's over a hot goalie and a team that had definitely been on a roll. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Great game start to finish,Soderberg looked good,no goals for Iginla but played a good game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:[QUOTE]King Carl Yeti having a good game so far, like what i see. Caron could be sitting for awhile.[/QUOTE]

In an ideal world it would be Thornton in the press box. [/QUOTE]

And then he had to go ahead n score a goal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True enough Dez, true enough.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I enjoyed Bergeron as well.  Kelly has been playing well and Marchand seems ready to kick it up a notch, this line could be real interesting.

I still want to see Paille-Spooner-Caron on the 4th.  Campbell might be my 13th early in the season, especially coming off injury.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I thought they played a very solid game. The team really had its skating legs. The Yeti looked pretty good. I like everyone else was thinking jeez lets replace Thornton w/ Caron then he scores lol.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

I guess it's "you want Thorty on the roster or you don't."  I see the arguments both ways.   

He may not score another goal all year, but for a guy who gets 5 mins of ice time a game, he still does what he's supposed to do - forecheck, clog lanes, and not let the opponent's 4th line do much...and yeah, he's a "skating clown" but he's OUR skating clown.

PC and CJ obviously feel he brings something to the team or he wouldn't have been re-signed.  

Stan17 - you're right about maybe Caron getting time in there on the 4th line as CJ sees fit.  Eventually, that will be his landing spot on his way up the ranks on the team.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I was at the game last night...full of Bruins fans! Great seats, center ice, third level...not a bad seat in that arena.

Team defense smothered the Lightning and when a shot came in Tuukka handled it...you should have heard the groan when Tuukks stopped Stamkos in the third pd, it was great and the Tuuuuukka chants after every save gave me goose bumps. Allot of fun. Lightning don't seem to have a goalie or defense. St. Louis and Stamkos were pretty much invisible.

Third period a chant started from the lower bowl, Let's Go Red Sox over and over, louder and louder...even allot of Lightning fans joined in.

The three fights were a gas...McQuaid on Hendricks was my favorite...Hendricks is a turd and deserved the thrashing he got. Iginla is one tough old bird...man, is he ever strong. Gudas is no lightweight...Campbell, although willing, should really just keep his gloves on (someone else said that and I could not agree more).

Bought three 24 ounce Conona's at the game...my second son just turned 21 and I bought him his first beer Wink It was almost $50.00. Sticker shock! I guess I have been out of the loop for a while...LOL

Sections
Shortcuts