Game 7 Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (Series tied 3-3)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Game 7 Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (Series tied 3-3)

This is it!!!

Big story: For the ninth time in their history and the sixth time in the past nine Stanley Cup Playoff series between the Boston Bruins and the Montreal Canadiens, the best-of-7 has gone the distance. Montreal has won five of the prior eight do-or-die games. The Canadiens pushed the series to the limit by winning 4-0 in Game 6 on Monday. A berth in the Eastern Conference Final goes to the winner.

Team Scope:

Canadiens: To say Montreal is relishing the chance to go on the road as underdogs for Game 7 at TD Garden would be an understatement. The Canadiens are embracing the challenge like it's the best thing ever.

"It's going to be great," defenseman P.K. Subban said. "I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building.

"I can't wait to take that all away from them."

Montreal won Game 1 in Boston. The Canadiens think they've pretty much settled on what works and what doesn't when it comes to taking down the Presidents' Trophy-winning Bruins. They can't get mixed up in a battle of brawn.

"You can't beat the Bruins playing like the Bruins," forward Daniel Briere said. "I think they're probably the best at it. We have to be smarter. We'll have to take punches, we'll have to take slashes, we'll have to get hurt at times, and then that's when we're most successful, when we don't get into their game."

Bruins: With the chance to eliminate Montreal in Game 6, Boston was unable to match the Canadiens' desperation. Now the Bruins are in a situation where each team is desperate.

A full analysis of the series should tell the Bruins what they need to do.

"You go back and look at what we were doing right and what helped our team to victories, obviously," defenseman Torey Krug said. "But at the same time, I think it all comes down to preparation [Wednesday] and making sure we're ready to go, because that first 20 minutes is going to be a crucial part of the game. So you've just got to be ready for it."

Boston's hallmark in the regular season was consistency. Through six games against Montreal, they've been inconsistent. It's hard to get a feel for whether the Bruins will play like they did when they won Game 5 or lost Game 6. Center Gregory Campbell has faith it'll be the former.

"As a team and as an organization, we've always held ourselves to a high standard," Campbell said. "And there's a lot of pride in the room and we want to win. It's up to us to show that we want to win and that we can win. But the game is played on the ice. That's where we have to compete and be ready for it."

Who's hot: Canadiens forward Thomas Vanek scored twice in Game 6 and has four goals in the series. Forward Max Pacioretty scored his first goal of the series in Game 6 and has three assists. … Forward Reilly Smith leads the Bruins with three goals in the series; center Carl Soderberg and left wing Brad Marchand lead in points with five each.

Injury report: Montreal forward Alex Galchenyuk (lower body) remains out. … Boston defensemen Dennis Seidenberg (ACL/MCL) and Adam McQuaid (ankle) and forward Chris Kelly (back) are out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Game 7 Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (Series tied 3-3)

Can't wait.  Just go out and play their game and they'll be fine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Plain and simple, I believe.  I do not believe in superstitions, media spikes, players off the cuff remarks, and historionics of statistical mumbojumbo.  The Bs have a championship team.  Play 2014 Bruins hockey.  

"Don't judge me monkey" 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Just win at all costs. I know they are going to win. Bruins 3-2 win..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

The habs players can talk about the bruins not respecting them. The bruins players can talk about the habs hitting after the whistle. Everything will be put out there on the ice tonight. I am a glass empty person, but tonight i am glass full tonight. The bruins have been burying their chances at home , keep that in mind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Can't wait, and I wish I could say that I'm able to just be cool about this, but I actually warned my wife that I'm gonna be no fun to be around tonight during this game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can't wait, and I wish I could say that I'm able to just be cool about this, but I actually warned my wife that I'm gonna be no fun to be around tonight during this game.

[/QUOTE]

Ha! Told my kids the same thing; "Whatever happens daddy still loves you."

But seriously, B's need to score first. That seems to be the primary indicator this series.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But seriously, B's need to score first. That seems to be the primary indicator this series.

[/QUOTE]

It also stinks living in the mountain time zone for this.  Game starts at 5:00, when I won't even be home from work.  Then gotta get two kids through dinner and bedtime during this game...and all of the pacing and cursing doesn't help with that.

I can usually blow off any effect that professional sports might have on my actual life, but tonight is gonna be pretty tense.

Expecting to be very, very pleased by the end of it all though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

JW , I go into the man cave with a flat screen (watching) and a ipad (posting) and will curse to myself for a a game like this. lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:[QUOTE]

Can't wait.  Just go out and play their game and they'll be fine. [/QUOTE]

That will not be enough. The KIL line has to more than "fine", Reckless abandon is what they need.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

As simple as that ...Thornton plays : BRUINS LOSE GAME 7

Thorton benched and replaced by whoever : BRUINS WIN GAME 7

MARK MY WORDS

In a series so close all the little details are important you cannot afford to carry some dead wood forever....and it doesnt look like Claude will have to guts to sit ST for the 7th game ....so I have no other choice to predict a 3-2 scabs win....OMG what a hell summer I am going to suffer here in Mtl....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hangnail's comment:[QUOTE]

Can't wait.  Just go out and play their game and they'll be fine. [/QUOTE]

That will not be enough. The KIL line has to more than "fine", Reckless abandon is what they need.

[/QUOTE]
    Yup, the KIL line has to be better no doubt.  Playing their game includes putting the puck in the net.  That's what they'll do tonight!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JW , I go into the man cave with a flat screen (watching) and a ipad (posting) and will curse to myself for a a game like this. lol

[/QUOTE]

That would work too. Best to be physically alone in stressful times such as these :)

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WELL NEED TO FIRST THANK JMW FOR A FINE INTRO AS USUAL

SECOND I SAW VANEK NAME AGAIN ..HE HAS 4GOALS IN THIS SERIES . NO VANEK MTL GONE

PLS COME FORTH THOSE WHO SAID THAT DIDBT MATTER MTL GOT VANEK...... COME ON 

ANYHOW STANLEY YOURE RIGHT EVERY DETAIL CAN COUNT INSUCH A SERIES BUT FIRST PPRIORITY IS TOP LIN ES MUST COME THROUGH. 

[/QUOTE]

Marco I will be thrilled if me prediction is wrong but in a 7th game series you need all 4 lines to contribute and I am afraid that ST will cost the game with a stupid penalty or a stupid play ...thats all he can do anyhow....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I already have a knot in my stomach as if its tied 0-0 going into the 3rd overtime with glittering opportunities at either end throughout.

Heart attack for me at puck drop.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

My wife doesnt want me to watch the game because last game she took my pressure reading and it was too high...I told her I was going to,watch without the sound and it will help...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

SECOND I SAW VANEK NAME AGAIN ..HE HAS 4GOALS IN THIS SERIES . NO VANEK MTL GONE

ANYHOW STANLEY YOURE RIGHT EVERY DETAIL CAN COUNT INSUCH A SERIES BUT FIRST PPRIORITY IS TOP LIN ES MUST COME THROUGH. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

so PC had to pick up Vanek just to keep another team from acquiring him?....  B'S main concern at trade deadline wasn't offence....

as for Vanek's goals thus far, two in a losing effort and scores to make it 3-0 and adds empty netter in last game....

his goals haven't changed the outcome of any game so far....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'd love this to go exactly like game 7 vs. Toronto - with the same outcome of course.  It would make the next few months soooooo sweet, especially if the Bruins win the Cup.  All the Montrealais running around saying how close they came to winning the Cup and going on and on about how they deserved to win and Boston got lucky and blah blah blah.

And you can just smile, and say yeah...that's great...not as good as winning....

Are you not entertained?!?!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

I don't post often, but I follow this forum on a daily basis. Appreciate folks sharing about being especially emotionally invested in tonight's game - me too, it's just part of being a real fan, I guess.

I'll need to time shift again tonight in order to accommodate some other activities, but I'm not gonna miss it. I know they can win ( and convincingly )! 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

so PC had to pick up Vanek just to keep another team from acquiring him?....  B'S main concern at trade deadline wasn't offence....

as for Vanek's goals thus far, two in a losing effort and scores to make it 3-0 and adds empty netter in last game....

his goals haven't changed the outcome of any game so far....

[/QUOTE]

No not to stop some other team of getting him but to say he was unessecary is false . We could hsve used his scoring ...

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

B'S finished third in goalscoring....

Vanek's goals in this series have been as important as have Marchand's thus far....