Game 7 Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (Series tied 3-3)

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Game 7 Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (Series tied 3-3)

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd love this to go exactly like game 7 vs. Toronto - with the same outcome of course.  It would make the next few months soooooo sweet, especially if the Bruins win the Cup.  All the Montrealais running around saying how close they came to winning the Cup and going on and on about how they deserved to win and Boston got lucky and blah blah blah.

And you can just smile, and say yeah...that's great...not as good as winning....

Are you not entertained?!?!

[/QUOTE]

It's funny, I've seen so much garbage from Canadiens fans and other Bruin conspiracy theorists over the past week, that I almost want Gregory Campbell to score the OT game winner after coming into the zone 10-feet offsides, while Lucic spears someone in the nuts in the background.  

Heads exploding all over Quebec and BC...

Or a 5-0 laugher.  Either way I guess.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

WELL NEED TO FIRST THANK JMW FOR A FINE INTRO AS USUAL

SECOND I SAW VANEK NAME AGAIN ..HE HAS 4GOALS IN THIS SERIES . NO VANEK MTL GONE

PLS COME FORTH THOSE WHO SAID THAT DIDBT MATTER MTL GOT VANEK...... COME ON 

ANYHOW STANLEY YOURE RIGHT EVERY DETAIL CAN COUNT INSUCH A SERIES BUT FIRST PPRIORITY IS TOP LIN ES MUST COME THROUGH. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

so PC had to pick up Vanek just to keep another team from acquiring him?....  B'S main concern at trade deadline wasn't offence....

as for Vanek's goals thus far, two in a losing effort and scores to make it 3-0 and adds empty netter in last game....

his goals haven't changed the outcome of any game so far....

[/QUOTE]

No not to stop some other team of getting him but to say he was unessecary is false . We could hsve used his scoring ...

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

B'S finished third in goalscoring....

Vanek's goals in this series have been as important as have Marchand's thus far....

[/QUOTE]

Vanek did  what he had to do and the third goal broke boston.

Going in the third with a3-0 much  more advantageous then a 2-0 lead point is he's done what he was acquired for

Now say the bruins got him and he had 4 goals.... bye bye mtl ...no?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

should've, could've, would've, we could speculate all day long....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

WELL NEED TO FIRST THANK JMW FOR A FINE INTRO AS USUAL

SECOND I SAW VANEK NAME AGAIN ..HE HAS 4GOALS IN THIS SERIES . NO VANEK MTL GONE

PLS COME FORTH THOSE WHO SAID THAT DIDBT MATTER MTL GOT VANEK...... COME ON 

ANYHOW STANLEY YOURE RIGHT EVERY DETAIL CAN COUNT INSUCH A SERIES BUT FIRST PPRIORITY IS TOP LIN ES MUST COME THROUGH. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

so PC had to pick up Vanek just to keep another team from acquiring him?....  B'S main concern at trade deadline wasn't offence....

as for Vanek's goals thus far, two in a losing effort and scores to make it 3-0 and adds empty netter in last game....

his goals haven't changed the outcome of any game so far....

[/QUOTE]

No not to stop some other team of getting him but to say he was unessecary is false . We could hsve used his scoring ...

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

B'S finished third in goalscoring....

Vanek's goals in this series have been as important as have Marchand's thus far....

[/QUOTE]

Vanek did  what he had to do and the third goal broke boston.

Going in the third with a3-0 much  more advantageous then a 2-0 lead point is he's done what he was acquired for

Now say the bruins got him and he had 4 goals.... bye bye mtl ...no?

[/QUOTE]

I wanted vanek but where would our bruins be without the 2 press box men they got instead? Depth depth depth wahoooo

[/QUOTE]

Ppl here said Mez was whst we needed more ....how many games has he played this series?  

[/QUOTE]

You need to take most on here with a grain of salt as most are blind fan boys and girls who in their eyes the bruins from the ice to the front office have done no wrong and never should be second guessed .

[/QUOTE]

1993 you d..bag Habs fan

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Cant wait for this.  Just drop the puck already! Should be a great game!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My wife doesnt want me to watch the game because last game she took my pressure reading and it was too high...I told her I was going to,watch without the sound and it will help...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

[/QUOTE]

That should help, Stanley...if you turn the sound down then you won't hear Shawn Thornton's name at all.
    He is definitely playing tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My wife doesnt want me to watch the game because last game she took my pressure reading and it was too high...I told her I was going to,watch without the sound and it will help...

[/QUOTE]

That should help, Stanley...if you turn the sound down then you won't hear Shawn Thornton's name at all.
    He is definitely playing tonight.

[/QUOTE]

I will be scared to death every time he will be on the ice....dont be surprised if the BRUINS lose because of him (either a stupid dumb penalty or a give away) ....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Vanek is a finisher, which we have all seen has been our problem this series. But no way PC could fit him under the cap. He does nothing else but finish but could we really stomach 82 games of him at his inflated price?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

3-2 ot. Marchand OT winner.  The ultimate nail in the habs coffin.   

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Remain calm guys, relax thru it, a short story, 15 minutes after thursdays win on OT i was sent to the hospital, my heart was racing and wouldnt stop, had to get it shocked and spent the night, now on high blood pressure pills, grrrrrrr but so far im fine. I expect a good game and have a feeling they will be back from hibernation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Remain calm guys, relax thru it, a short story, 15 minutes after thursdays win on OT i was sent to the hospital, my heart was racing and wouldnt stop, had to get it shocked and spent the night, now on high blood pressure pills, grrrrrrr but so far im fine. I expect a good game and have a feeling they will be back from hibernation.

[/QUOTE]

Wow Wally,now that is playoff OT hockey at its amped up best,hope you are OK and stay well! Go B's!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

3-2 ot. Marchand OT winner.  The ultimate nail in the habs coffin.   

[/QUOTE]

That would drive all the B's haters nuts! I guess Fat or Chara would work as well,anyway they want to do it,get er' done! 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

You need to take most on here with a grain of salt as most are blind fan boys and girls who in their eyes the bruins from the ice to the front office have done no wrong and never should be second guessed .

[/QUOTE]

Of course they make mistakes, but they have proven to be one of the more successful teams in the NHL over the last few years.

Deals which at first appeared to be controversial proved to be the right move, like the Seguin trade, like the Kessel trade.

Problem is that people like you think that making trades is as easy as trading hockey cards.  It's not.  There are personal relationships involved between agents, players and GMs.

There is no "second guessing" with the current organization, it's more like Monday morning quarter backing.

"Second guessing" is for organizations like Vancouver and Toronto where even a casual fan might make some better decisions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

It's going to come down to goaltending as it almost always does in big games; the hotter tender wins this one. IF the B's that aren't scoring (we know who they are) in this series to date.........get going, then it will make Tuuka's job less intense, but still crucial to getting the W. Got to get some goals on Price early (first one has been huge in this series).

A hot goaltender will always shut down a hot scorer. Seen it time and time again.....

C'mon Bruins!!! LETS GO!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can't wait, and I wish I could say that I'm able to just be cool about this, but I actually warned my wife that I'm gonna be no fun to be around tonight during this game.

[/QUOTE]

Ha! Told my kids the same thing; "Whatever happens daddy still loves you."

But seriously, B's need to score first. That seems to be the primary indicator this series.

[/QUOTE]

It also stinks living in the mountain time zone for this.  Game starts at 5:00, when I won't even be home from work.  Then gotta get two kids through dinner and bedtime during this game...and all of the pacing and cursing doesn't help with that.

I can usually blow off any effect that professional sports might have on my actual life, but tonight is gonna be pretty tense.

Expecting to be very, very pleased by the end of it all though.

[/QUOTE]

You can install NBC Sports LiveExtra on you cell phone and watch the game (safely of course) during your commute home, etc.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to futbal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You can install NBC Sports LiveExtra on you cell phone and watch the game (safely of course) during your commute home, etc.

[/QUOTE]

That's just the issue futbal, I'll be driving in traffic.  A pit stop at a bar is more realistic, finish the drive during an intermission.

Marchand finishing it would be great too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:[QUOTE] Can't wait.  Just go out and play their game and they'll be fine. [/QUOTE]

That will not be enough. The KIL line has to more than "fine", Reckless abandon is what they need. [/QUOTE]

Yup, the KIL line has to be better no doubt.  Playing their game includes putting the puck in the net.  That's what they'll do tonight! [/QUOTE]

Too good not too and I agree!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

No need for the gym today. I've been doing my cardio all day.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

The Bruins need to play physical Bruins hockey. No fear, no regrets; tough, physical Bruins hockey.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Bruins gotta win. Especially since I've set aside a stack of cash to buy even more Bruins Stanley Cup Winners merchandise than the stupid amount I bought in 2011. And If they go out tonight looks like I'm taking Suzanne to Reno. Go Bs!