Game 7 Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (Series tied 3-3)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Game 7 Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (Series tied 3-3)

Just one last comment ...I would fire Claude dor playing all series long Thornton against Montreal when you need speed talent .....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to billge's comment:

fact is alot of the experts here would disparage any talk that they considered negative. Most have gone very silent here tonight.

Fact is a lot of the so called Bruin fans were pointing to the golf course when it was 1-0 a few minutes into the 1st period. They show when the team loses. Real Bruin fans are fans when they win or lose. Saying negative stuff is one thing, like player a had a bad game etc...But they seem to revel in the bad times.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

fact is alot of the experts here would disparage any talk that they considered negative. Most have gone very silent here tonight.

[/QUOTE]

Fact is a lot of the so called Bruin fans were pointing to the golf course when it was 1-0 a few minutes into the 3rd period. They show when the team loses. Real Bruin fans are fans when they win or lose. Saying negative stuff is one thing, like player a had a bad game etc...But they seem to revel in the bad times.

[/QUOTE]

I can't talk for others but its called frustration. Cut it out everyone bashes here and some get what they deserve. 

[/QUOTE]

Not to mention, the point of mentioning the golf course was that when the B's give up the first goal against Montreal in this series, apparently they lose. Especially with the incredible 7 games of inability to finish around the net. After the sleepwalk that Game 6 was, it was very obvious that an early goal against tonight meant lights out. And... it did.  It was. They never got back in it.  A rolling backhand that scraped the outside of the post when it was 2-1 was as close to being in the game.

Some people get angry and frustrated when the Bruins embarrass themselves against Montreal.  Some other people call that "reveling" in it. Those people are wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just one last comment ...I would fire Claude dor playing all series long Thornton against Montreal when you need speed talent .....

[/QUOTE]

Because you never said that before.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If anyone saw CJ at the podium, he was quick to point out all the young players in our lineup and how he thought the pressure situation showed in them.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting comment.

Exactly how Babcock described his Wings losing to Boston first round...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The fact is the rules of how you are supposed to post are very clear here. No criticism allowed.  Calling for a fourth liner to be held accountable for the series loss in a different post every 45 seconds is apparently encouraged, though.

Y'know, Im still having trouble with the criticism Rask is getting. The Bruins scored 1 goal in 2 games after they went up 3-2 in games. They made an art form of missing chances in every single game, no exception.  If they even came close to scoring on those plays like they did in the regular season, Rask wins 5 games this series.

Oooops, sorry, no criticism.  That darn Thornton!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And how is the fast, talented player you would have played in his place.  Those are not the kind of players the Bruins have.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The fact is the rules of how you are supposed to post are very clear here. No criticism allowed.  Calling for a fourth liner to be held accountable for the series loss in a different post every 45 seconds is apparently encouraged, though.

Y'know, Im still having trouble with the criticism Rask is getting. The Bruins scored 1 goal in 2 games after they went up 3-2 in games. They made an art form of missing chances in every single game, no exception.  If they even came close to scoring on those plays like they did in the regular season, Rask wins 5 games this series.

Oooops, sorry, no criticism.  That darn Thornton!

[/QUOTE]

I definitely do not think the Bruins 4th line was the problem. Rask deserves plenty of criticism. His GAA went up and his Save % went down in this series. 3 goals on 18 shots is bad. I do not care about puck luck. He looked awful on the Subban, Weise, and Pacioretty breakaways (and made a terrible play that led to the Eller goal in game 6). 

Most of the blame has to go on the top lines though. When you "best" players don't play well, you are not going to win. Krecji and Marchard failed to get a goal in the playoffs combined. Lucic and Bergeron also both failed to get a single point in the last 4 games of this series. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The fact is the rules of how you are supposed to post are very clear here. No criticism allowed. Calling for a fourth liner to be held accountable for the series loss in a different post every 45 seconds is apparently encouraged, though...

[/QUOTE]

I think constructive criticism is a positive thing. I know I'm one of the so-called "negative bunch", because I am usually too busy partying after Bruins wins to post here, and I am certainly guilty of just venting my frustration after losses (like I'm doing right now, after a sleepless night). I really want the Bruins to win the cup, and I thought they had a good shot this year. Losing can be acceptable if you feel that you've given all you've got, but losing like this certainly cannot be accepted.
    Have coaches like Quenneville ever started their press conferences with the phrase "We weren't ready to play"? I have heard Claude Julien utter that phrase way too many times. There is something wrong with this team, they definitely have the talent to win, but they need to show up for 60 minutes each game, not just for ten minutes of the third period. Is their style of play too tiring, so they need to take "timeouts"? PC definitely needs to address this, and I really would like to know what Cam Neely thinks about the disappointing end of the Bruins' 2013-14 season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have an impersonal trainer. We meet at the gym, we don't talk, he works out alone and I go home. (George Carlin)

It's "Stehno", not "Z-Dayno"!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

The many new young player integration showed their nervousness; somehow we have become overconfident in our abilities and think we can turn it on when needed. Slow game starts have been an obvious issue all season and we brought it with us to the playoffs. Our best was not there, Krejci, Marchand, Rask and Chara. We found away to beat ourselves instead of being beat. This is not a case where we have to tip our caps to the victors. We only have to blame ourselves.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

If they had to give one star to Boston, they should have given it to Rene Rancourt. He showed more emotion than any BRUIN on the ice.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to 003323344's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sobchack's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

[QUOTE]

They looked so formidable in Game 5. Not giving the Habs much time with the puck, taking the body at every available chance, brisk exits of the puck from their end. I believed this was going to set them on course to knock the Habs aside, that there was no way Montreal or anyone else from the East was going to handle them if they played like this. 

THey've done this before, RHO. They wake up for a game and then just go Jekyll and Hyde.  Miller's-Rask's turnover in Game 6 seemed to completely change the whole effort on this team.  It went south from there.  Last year, they had guts in spite of losing Game 6 to the Hawks in a minute and a half.  

This felt like the same effort they aid out against the Flyers in '10.  But credit the Habs; they were all over them.  I mean, 3 Habs around every Bruin with the puck.

We had 2011.  We raised 1 in our lifetimes. (well, i was in diapers for 1970).  Hopefully another one some year soon.  Think of STL, BUF, the Canuckleheads, Flyers going on 40 seasons now, and...ahem....a team in Toronto :)

[/QUOTE]

The second goal by Montreal was a microcosm of the series. The Bruins desperately tried to get the puck out of their own zone. It ricocheted off of sticks and skates and the Canadiens were there on every attempt. Then bang bang and it's past Rask. Pierre even said you can't make this stuff up. The Bruins were snake bitten the whole series. A step late here a missed pass there a shot off the post and on and on. It's the hardest championship to win in professional sports. And the team that lasts until the end requires skill, heart and LUCK. Sometimes it just has to all come together like it did for the Bruins in 2011. Sometimes it takes 39 years for it to happen.  Still think game 1 was the difference. Losing in OT after outplaying them all game and so many missed opportunities planted the seed for the rest of the series despite what some here might think.

So yea we had 2011. I'll never forget it. And I was 14 when they won it in 1972. This year had so much promise. My thoughts on some players.

Soderberg was fun to watch in the playoffs. He's a good soldier and comes to play. Probably the best player in the Montreal series for the Bruins.

Smith He had his moments and he's young.

Loui He grinds but I don't know. He missed a lot of opportunities too.

Marchy what can you say. His little dipsy do moves are old news now. He needs to take some notes from the smurfs in Montreal. I think his ship has sailed in Boston.

Chara wow somebody must have kicked him in the balls before every game in this series because he looked gassed. It's like he couldn't skate, pass, shoot or stickhandle anymore. He'll probably retire a Bruin but please no more 25 minutes a game.

Iginla another year wouldn't hurt.

Krejci wow another head scratcher. The guy just tried to finesse every time he had the puck instead of just shooting it. I realize you can't lead the league in playoff scoring every year but just wow.

Looch stone hands but a keeper. I can still see him whiffing on the pass from Krejci in game 1 with Price nowhere in sight.

Rask I'm worried whether he is a money goalie or not. The 2010 collapse against the Flyers and now this. Not saying either was all his fault but he did let in some soft goals against the Canadiens. He's almost too relaxed for his own good. Great regular season stats but...

[/QUOTE]

Excellent post .. In my final analysis I, the Canadiens backchecking was the difference; every rush every pass a Canadiens player was there; this set up their counter attacks.

Sections
Shortcuts