Game 7 Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (Series tied 3-3)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Game 7 Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (Series tied 3-3)

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stanley Cup to. Montreal ...it sucks

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

Not happening.

[/QUOTE]

Can't everyone just put this dink on ignore and then we don't have to see this moron anymore?

[/QUOTE]

Noted. Sometimes I still wanna try and make him see some sense. No more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Great regular season,lousy playoff,oh well we got the f'n Presidents trophy!!!Can hardly wait to get my T -shirt

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Sorry marco, but  predicting the right outcome doesn't necessarily make your argument correct.  Sometimes matchups work out badly, and sometimes players don't live up to expectations when they are needed most.  That's hockey.

-- Proud user of http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8vclq_sgc2c-69-chambraigne" rel="nofollow">Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Oh man,  looks like I'm going to Reno.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So Nite , me and you were some of the few tooting Montreal as a very good team that would give the Bruins trouble.

AND YES I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, HATED THE OFFICIATING .  GAME 7 BECAME A SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY AND IT SOOOCKED

[/QUOTE]

The only thing I said was once Price won the Gold Medal he got what he needed to make him dangerous. The other thing is...Those that think PK isn't a great hockey player has blinders on! I hope PC make him an offer he can't refuse! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So Nite , me and you were some of the few tooting Montreal as a very good team that would give the Bruins trouble.

AND YES I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, HATED THE OFFICIATING .  GAME 7 BECAME A SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY AND IT SOOOCKED

[/QUOTE]

The only thing I said was once Price won the Gold Medal he got what he needed to make him dangerous. The other thing is...Those that think PK isn't a great hockey player has blinders on! I hope PC make him an offer he can't refuse! 

[/QUOTE]

No doubt about it. He is. I thought he was the best player in the series. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Fans believed in the Bruins more than the players believed in themselves.  Montreal had more guts and better coaching .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fans believed in the Bruins more than the players believed in themselves.  Montreal had more guts and better coaching .

[/QUOTE]

Actually, they had better speed and better hands.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry marco, but  predicting the right outcome doesn't necessarily make your argument correct.  Sometimes matchups work out badly, and sometimes players don't live up to expectations when they are needed most.  That's hockey.

-- Proud user of http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8vclq_sgc2c-69-chambraigne" rel="nofollow">Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

[/QUOTE]

You Doc of all people have way more sense than to be replying to this bozo. Comon buddy! Don't even bother with "cousin IT" of the forum!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I know.  I just feel like venting too.  This was a horribly frustrating series.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Bruins had no hands

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Say what you want about Price, Subban and the Habs speed. They played their game. The Bruins did not.

The Bruins got it all wrong. You can't bring the puck into the net - shoot it.  There was no board play in the Habs end the entire series.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

don't forget Suzanne....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

don't forget Suzanne....

[/QUOTE]

Ginette.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Say what you want about Price, Subban and the Habs speed. They played their game. The Bruins did not.

The Bruins got it all wrong. You can't bring the puck into the net - shoot it.  There was no board play in the Habs end the entire series.

[/QUOTE]

Part of the problem was the BRUINS were always a step too slow to get to the puck. Lumbering would be a good word to describe their skating.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Complete disappointment this team.  THey obviously were NOT built to go deep.  Same flat footed nonsense they pulled against the Canes in 09, the Flyers in '10, and now this.  But of those teams this was the "supposed" best one.

The Habs killed them.  You don't "poke the Bear" but you can "poke CHECK" it to death.  That's what they did and won.  I'm surprised that this even went 7.

Whatever.  Go ANY team except Montreal.   

Thing to think about: the Blackhawks are doing something right; the Bs are obviously not. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

What did I tell you guys ...worst thing is with approx 10 mins to play the clown was on the ice

Thorton benched and replaced by whoever : BRUINS WIN GAME 7

MARK MY WORDS

In a series so close all the little details are important you cannot afford to carry some dead wood forever....and it doesnt look like Claude will have to guts to sit ST for the 7th game ....so I have no other choice to predict a 3-2 scabs win....OMG what a hell summer I am going to suffer here in Mtl....

[/QUOTE]

So it's ST's fault this team lost? Seriously, did ST steal your GF?

[/QUOTE]

exactly...why do you think we looked exausted tonight..??  Because we cant play our 4th line more than 5 mins a game because of slowmoe turtle ...Weise from Mtl on the 4th line...3 goals against teh BRUINS in this series....DUH !!    Worst thing tonight with less than 10 mins to play in the 7th game the F... Turtle is on the ice when we need a goal....GO FIGURE !

before this series PC should have recalled Spooner or Griffith and bench slowmoe ...we could have had a few goals from our 4th line ..could have made the difference ...HELLO is that so hard to understand ?.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

They looked so formidable in Game 5. Not giving the Habs much time with the puck, taking the body at every available chance, brisk exits of the puck from their end. I believed this was going to set them on course to knock the Habs aside, that there was no way Montreal or anyone else from the East was going to handle them if they played like this. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know.  I just feel like venting too.  This was a horribly frustrating series.

[/QUOTE]

14 post and crossbars.....yep that should tell ya it's not your year. They set a record for most hit by team going 4 rounds let alone in one round.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here we go.... knowing how things will go is what makes my arguments correct

Tonighy was fact the rest was all talk and boy ppl love tge tslk

Walk the walk

[/QUOTE]
    Stanley predicted this outcome based on Thornton being in the lineup.  Does that make his reasoning correct?

Chiarelli had good reasons behind all his decisions.  They were understandable.  They didn't work out.  That doesn't negate the reasoning that led to them.

[object HTMLDivElement]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They looked so formidable in Game 5. Not giving the Habs much time with the puck, taking the body at every available chance, brisk exits of the puck from their end. I believed this was going to set them on course to knock the Habs aside, that there was no way Montreal or anyone else from the East was going to handle them if they played like this. 

[/QUOTE]

THey've done this before, RHO. They wake up for a game and then just go Jekyll and Hyde.  Miller's-Rask's turnover in Game 6 seemed to completely change the whole effort on this team.  It went south from there.  Last year, they had guts in spite of losing Game 6 to the Hawks in a minute and a half.  

This felt like the same effort they aid out against the Flyers in '10.  But credit the Habs; they were all over them.  I mean, 3 Habs around every Bruin with the puck.

We had 2011.  We raised 1 in our lifetimes. (well, i was in diapers for 1970).  Hopefully another one some year soon.  Think of STL, BUF, the Canuckleheads, Flyers going on 40 seasons now, and...ahem....a team in Toronto :)

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts