Game 7 Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (Series tied 3-3)

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Game 7 Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (Series tied 3-3)

Don't make me pull up your 2011 comments and reasoning marco...you know I have it...

"Bergeron can never win a Cup...They can't win without Kessel"...etc.

Sound familiar?

When you bank on a 90% chance, you're bound to be right sometimes.  You're reasoning is still very suspect though, just like it was in 2011.

You have been right about a few things,  Let's not get cocky.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They looked so formidable in Game 5. Not giving the Habs much time with the puck, taking the body at every available chance, brisk exits of the puck from their end. I believed this was going to set them on course to knock the Habs aside, that there was no way Montreal or anyone else from the East was going to handle them if they played like this. 

[/QUOTE]

THey've done this before, RHO. They wake up for a game and then just go Jekyll and Hyde.  Miller's-Rask's turnover in Game 6 seemed to completely change the whole effort on this team.  It went south from there.  Last year, they had guts in spite of losing Game 6 to the Hawks in a minute and a half.  

This felt like the same effort they aid out against the Flyers in '10.  But credit the Habs; they were all over them.  I mean, 3 Habs around every Bruin with the puck.

We had 2011.  We raised 1 in our lifetimes. (well, i was in diapers for 1970).  Hopefully another one some year soon.  Think of STL, BUF, the Canuckleheads, Flyers going on 40 seasons now, and...ahem....a team in Toronto :)

[/QUOTE]

I disagree with those who say the Bruins didn't put in the right amount of exertion. I saw the series as Montreal cashed in their chances more than the Bruins did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

fact is alot of the experts here would disparage any talk that they considered negative. Most have gone very silent here tonight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]

They looked so formidable in Game 5. Not giving the Habs much time with the puck, taking the body at every available chance, brisk exits of the puck from their end. I believed this was going to set them on course to knock the Habs aside, that there was no way Montreal or anyone else from the East was going to handle them if they played like this. 

[/QUOTE]

I got the same false sense of security. It all want south very quickly. Watching some of our slickest players pushing passes into the skates of their teammates without any pressure had me baffled plus all the missed opportunities. The 11 or 12 clinkers was tough to swallow as well but it's the nature of the beast. The only saving grace will be if there is a Western Conf Cup Champ. Still can't help but wonder if Seids and/or Kelly would have made a difference.

For all my phantom friends on this board -- have a nice summer. For the precious few clueless posters -- try to get one over the summer.

2014 season opener will be here before you know it. For me it's the dark ages since I despise baseball. See you on the out-of-town blog until the cup is raised. Then the draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

MARK MY WORDS MTL WILL WIN THE CUP ....THE ONLY TEAM THAT COULD HAVE STOPPED THEM IS THE BRUINS BUT WE MISSED ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

mistakes, slow skating, and no play makers on offense. they could have used Seguin's speed and instant offense.

[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about last season's 1 - 7 - 8 points in 22 games caliber instant offense it wouldn't have helped. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

I got the same false sense of security. It all want south very quickly. Watching some of our slickest players pushing passes into the skates of their teammates without any pressure had me baffled plus all the missed opportunities. The 11 or 12 clinkers was tough to swallow as well but it's the nature of the beast. The only saving grace will be if there is a Western Conf Cup Champ. Still can't help but wonder if Seids and/or Kelly would have made a difference.

For all my phantom friends on this board -- have a nice summer. For the precious few clueless posters -- try to get one over the summer.

2014 season opener will be here before you know it. For me it's the dark ages since I despise baseball. See you on the out-of-town blog until the cup is raised. Then the draft.

zam, this was one of those series where one team was more opportunistic than the other. Still love 'em though. Have a safe summer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Merlot line was terrible, outplayed badly on most shifts. The Bergeron line was non-existent in Game 6/7...barely made plays.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StiHacka. Show StiHacka's posts

I would think that the superior/inferior team rhetoric would be over by now. Must be a classic case of cognitive dissonance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If anyone saw CJ at the podium, he was quick to point out all the young players in our lineup and how he thought the pressure situation showed in them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

THey've done this before, RHO. They wake up for a game and then just go Jekyll and Hyde.  Miller's-Rask's turnover in Game 6 seemed to completely change the whole effort on this team.  It went south from there.  Last year, they had guts in spite of losing Game 6 to the Hawks in a minute and a half.  

This felt like the same effort they aid out against the Flyers in '10.  But credit the Habs; they were all over them.  I mean, 3 Habs around every Bruin with the puck.

We had 2011.  We raised 1 in our lifetimes. (well, i was in diapers for 1970).  Hopefully another one some year soon.  Think of STL, BUF, the Canuckleheads, Flyers going on 40 seasons now, and...ahem....a team in Toronto :)

The second goal by Montreal was a microcosm of the series. The Bruins desperately tried to get the puck out of their own zone. It ricocheted off of sticks and skates and the Canadiens were there on every attempt. Then bang bang and it's past Rask. Pierre even said you can't make this stuff up. The Bruins were snake bitten the whole series. A step late here a missed pass there a shot off the post and on and on. It's the hardest championship to win in professional sports. And the team that lasts until the end requires skill, heart and LUCK. Sometimes it just has to all come together like it did for the Bruins in 2011. Sometimes it takes 39 years for it to happen.  Still think game 1 was the difference. Losing in OT after outplaying them all game and so many missed opportunities planted the seed for the rest of the series despite what some here might think.

So yea we had 2011. I'll never forget it. And I was 14 when they won it in 1972. This year had so much promise. My thoughts on some players.

Soderberg was fun to watch in the playoffs. He's a good soldier and comes to play. Probably the best player in the Montreal series for the Bruins.

Smith He had his moments and he's young.

Loui He grinds but I don't know. He missed a lot of opportunities too.

Marchy what can you say. His little dipsy do moves are old news now. He needs to take some notes from the smurfs in Montreal. I think his ship has sailed in Boston.

Chara wow somebody must have kicked him in the balls before every game in this series because he looked gassed. It's like he couldn't skate, pass, shoot or stickhandle anymore. He'll probably retire a Bruin but please no more 25 minutes a game.

Iginla another year wouldn't hurt.

Krejci wow another head scratcher. The guy just tried to finesse every time he had the puck instead of just shooting it. I realize you can't lead the league in playoff scoring every year but just wow.

Looch stone hands but a keeper. I can still see him whiffing on the pass from Krejci in game 1 with Price nowhere in sight.

Rask I'm worried whether he is a money goalie or not. The 2010 collapse against the Flyers and now this. Not saying either was all his fault but he did let in some soft goals against the Canadiens. He's almost too relaxed for his own good. Great regular season stats but...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Bruins looked like they played their best hockey in the regular season.  Like Pittsburgh did last year.

“We don’t think it’s prudent for a student to wear a Boston Bruins jersey” -Mike Cohen, English Montreal School Board

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

fact is alot of the experts here would disparage any talk that they considered negative. Most have gone very silent here tonight.

[/QUOTE]

There's not much u can say.  Just not Bruins hockey when it mattered.  They had issues on the backend, they had issues in net, and they had issues up front.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

[QUOTE]

zam, this was one of those series where one team was more opportunistic than the other. Still love 'em though. Have a safe summer.

[/QUOTE]

Kinda sums it all up RHO. Sometimes your the pigeon and other times the statue. Habs are soaring into the next round and the Bruins are hosing down.  

Not to get too personal -- but I spent last Friday night in the emergency room with a kidney stone attack. Got discharged home early Saturday morning and watched the comeback game in a fetal position with the worst pain of my life. That game was the best medicine ever. These last 2 games were akin to passing a perpetual kidney stone. Cheers......

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MARK MY WORDS MTL WILL WIN THE CUP ....THE ONLY TEAM THAT COULD HAVE STOPPED THEM IS THE BRUINS BUT WE MISSED ....

[/QUOTE]

STANLEY U CARE TO BET ON THAT

[/QUOTE]

I just bet $400 on intertops.com and I will put all my $$$ on Mtl to win against the West ...dont get me wrong I wont cheer for Mtl ...I hope they lose but my $$$ is on them so if they lose I am the happiest guy and if the win at least I get a few $$$$ I hate them so much 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Marco for tonight my heart is bleeding ....and it will be a tough summer for me here ....I wont get any rest ...mail. Phone calls, nasty comments on facebook it doesnt stop tonight ...so I am pissedsad and disapointed ...if the BRUINS want to do a real clean up I am there to help ...Thornton and Caron ...to the moon ...Marchand, Bart or McQuaid in a blockbuster trade ....Kelly too much $$$ .....Iginla ..I dont know he is not as fast as he used to be .......Campbell ..I havent seen him in the playoffs ...WELCOME TO : Spooner, Griffith and maybe Kokho ....I think we could get a very good player for March ....anyways I am going to bed ....so,sad so mad so frustrated...losing to the scabs is the worst feeling you can get for a BRUINS fain Montreal believe me 

night ! 

Sections
Shortcuts