Game 7 Viewing Party in Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bstn2k11. Show bstn2k11's posts

Game 7 Viewing Party in Boston

It was kind of cool seeing thousands of people watching the game outside in Vancouver.  Any word if Boston is planning something like that. Or even if the Garden will let people in to watch the game on the HD screens. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

Re: Game 7 Viewing Party in Boston

There were rumors floating around the concessions stands last night after the second period that a manager was walking around telling all the workers that the Garden "might" be open Wednesday night. Have not heard anything to back it up though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

It's actually up to NBC to allow a viewing party. I don't think that they want to lose the ratings from viewership in the Boston market but you never know.

It would be great to see a viewing party here in Boston.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Keep in mind, outside in Boston means 8 pm to ~11 pm.  That's probably a tougher sell than 5 pm to 8 pm.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ya cool, but the crowd should have left after the first....It was over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

I want to drive in from Niagara Falls, NY to watch the game in Boston.  Is there really no outside viewing at the arena?  Where is a good place I can go to watch the game?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adco1212. Show adco1212's posts

According to Toucher and Rich's twitter page: 
    @wbz: WBZ has confirmed #Bruins are finalizing plans for viewing party at the TD Garden for Game 7 Wednesday. Details to come.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

Will it be first come first serve?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

See you all there, and if you want a piece of me, you can try and take it. I will crunch all of you at once, I just hope I get enough takers. One French Canadien vs all of Boston, thats a fair fight. Just look for me:

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Channel 5 is reporting that there will NOT be a viewing party.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

That sucks, I live in Buffalo and they play every single playoff game on a huge screen outside the arena.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

That's too bad....would have probably drawn several thousand people and would have been a great atmosphere, especially if the Bruins win tomorrow.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

In Response to Re: Game 7 Viewing Party in Boston:
    [QUOTE]It's actually up to NBC to allow a viewing party. I don't think that they want to lose the ratings from viewership in the Boston market but you never know. It would be great to see a viewing party here in Boston.
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST[/QUOTE]

The viewership ratings would be the same. Most of these people would be sharing tv's in bars or at parties across the city.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

its menino that shut it down

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

$7 would probably cover the cost of employees, security lights, etc.

Outside vieiwng party would would be a logistical nightmare.  Remember the game would end around 11 and celebration would go on past midnight.  it would cost millions in police details.  Remember what happened when the Celts won the championship a few years ago.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

What? Massachusetts f-s something up that would benefit the people of the state? Unheard of.
    Lets go BRUINS!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bstn2k11. Show bstn2k11's posts

City is LAME!  If the Royal Mounted Police could keep everyone in line in Vancouver.. BPD should have no problem.  And why is Menino still running this town?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It would happen if it were the Sox.  Just another reason the B's are the under dog and another reason this could be a special, special night.

Guess what Menino -- you're gonna need those police out there anyway.  Many thousands of people streaming out of bars might actually be worse than having them in TD Garden...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clyde-Fitch. Show Clyde-Fitch's posts

The redsox were supposed to open Fenway for one of the playoff games in 04 (Game 7 NY?)... but boston shut that down too...
    nothing good could come from having a public viewing.... it will benefit the city more to have every neighborhood bar filled with fans.

In Response to Re: Game 7 Viewing Party in Boston:
    [QUOTE]It would happen if it were the Sox.  Just another reason the B's are the under dog and another reason this could be a special, special night. Guess what Menino -- you're gonna need those police out there anyway.  Many thousands of people streaming out of bars might actually be worse than having them in TD Garden...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts