Game 73: Hawks @ Bruins GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Game 73: Hawks @ Bruins GDT

BLACKHAWKS (42-16-15) at BRUINS (49-17-6) TV: NHLN-US, CSN-CH, NESN

Last 10: Chicago 6-3-1; Boston 9-0-1

Season series: The Chicago Blackhawks won the first game of the season between the teams, 3-2 in a shootout on Jan. 19, and have won four straight against the Boston Bruins dating back to Game 4 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final.

Big story: The Blackhawks return to the site where they lifted the Stanley Cup in June with a chance to clinch a spot in the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Blackhawks can clinch a playoff spot if they get at least one point against the Bruins, or if the Phoenix Coyotes lose to the New Jersey Devils in any way.

The Bruins can win the Atlantic Division and guarantee themselves at least a top-two spot in the Eastern Conference if they beat the Blackhawks in any fashion and have the Tampa Bay Lightning lose to the New York Islanders in any way. Boston also can win the division if they get one point against the Blackhawks and the Lightning lose to the Islanders in regulation.

Team Scope: Blackhawks: Chicago is 9-6-2 since the start of February, but the Blackhawks have defeated some of the best teams in the League. They've knocked off the Los Angeles Kings, Anaheim Ducks, St. Louis Blues and Pittsburgh Penguins in that span and lost to San Jose Sharks in a shootout.

One player who did not face the Bruins last season was 19-year-old rookie Teuvo Teravainen, who made his NHL debut in a 4-2 victory Tuesday night against the Dallas Stars. Teravainen skated between Brandon Saad and Ben Smith and saw 11:39 of ice time.

"I liked him," coach Joel Quenneville said. "His awareness at both ends was very good. Good start."

Bruins: Boston is no longer chasing history with a long win streak, but the Bruins will continue to try and secure the top seed in the Eastern Conference and possibly the Presidents' Trophy. They are 19-2-3 since the shootout loss at United Center in a nationally televised game on Jan. 19.

That was billed as a Stanley Cup Final rematch, but this will be the first time the Bruins have faced the Blackhawks at home since coughing up a one-goal lead in 17 seconds near the end of Game 6.

"Nobody in the dressing room is going to forget that we played them in the Finals last year," coach Claude Julien told reporters. "No one is going to forget any of that, but I think tomorrow is not about remembering that, more than knowing it's going to be a good game between two good teams, and we should look forward to it."

Who's hot: Forward Patrick Sharp has six points in the Blackhawks' past five games. … Boston goaltender Tuukka Rask is making a strong push for the Vezina Trophy. He has allowed six goals in his past five starts and nine in his past seven.

Injury report: Chicago will not have forward Patrick Kane (lower body) or defenseman Michal Rozsival (lower body) against the Bruins. Forward Bryan Bickell (undisclosed) is coming on the road trip and could play against Boston, Ottawa or Pittsburgh. Boston is without defensemen Dennis Seidenberg (knee) and Adam McQuaid (leg)."

@NHLBruins

#TuukkaTime expected tonight, with Rask the first goalie off ^CS"

Thin Pizza is Waaaaayyyyy better!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Game 73: Hawks @ Bruins GDT

Should be another great game.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I can't wait for this one. I hope it doesn't come down to the idiotic shoot out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hope Crawford is net tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

shupe-bait. this place is funny.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Im sure hes yawning.  He owns rask. Stanley Cup.  Check.  Win this year against Rask.  Check.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im sure hes yawning.  He owns rask. Stanley Cup.  Check.  Win this year against Rask.  Check.  

[/QUOTE]

Doesnt make as much as Tuukka. Check.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tuukka owns Crawford on glove saves Check

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Doesnt make as much as Tuukka. Check.

[/QUOTE]

His save percent isnt as pretty bc of the homer score keeper either.  

i bet the hawks hope they are down a few goals in the 3rd with rask in net.  

Wonder if Crawford enjoyed the champagne and beer his last time in boston.  Check mate 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Tuukka owns Crawford on glove saves Check

[/QUOTE]

His glove hand hoisted lord stanley in boston.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    i hope rask disappoints you tonight shupe... and beats the hawks.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE]

Hope Crawford is net tonight.  [/QUOTE]

His save percent isnt as pretty bc of the homer score keeper either.  [/QUOTE]

Yah that is the reason, the Bruins home score keepers count more shots and jack up Tuukka's SV% so it's more than other goaltenders.

And a lone gunman killed Kennedy as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Yah that is the reason, the Bruins home score keepers count more shots and jack up Tuukka's SV% so it's more than other goaltenders.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, montreal had 21 shots the other night and minny had 34 as we dominated both games.  They must have counted dump ins.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    i hope rask disappoints you tonight shupe... and beats the hawks.  

[/QUOTE]

why would i be upset over this.  Maybe crawford has a nap clause as well.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I noticed you missed bolding the other 2 lines.  Typical.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

shupe, seriously , you've done nothing for two days but run down Bruins for anything and everything and your excitment over losing to Montreal has been off the charts.  If you respect and enjoy Subban, Emelin, Crawford, etc. so much more than anyone on Boston, by all means...

...I know, I know, you're just so delightfully objective that you only whine about Bruin players...yawn...time for a new routine...?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:[QUOTE]

Hope Crawford is net tonight. [/QUOTE]

shupe-bait. this place is funny. [/QUOTE]

I turned on Jaws last night right as Chief Brody was throwing chum in the water.

Evil under the sun!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

shupe, seriously , you've done nothing for two days but run down Bruins for anything and everything and your excitment over losing to Montreal has been off the charts.  If you respect and enjoy Subban, Emelin, Crawford, etc. so much more than anyone on Boston, by all means...

...I know, I know, you're just so delightfully objective that you only whine about Bruin players...yawn...time for a new routine...?

Hey Fletch.  when was i delightful about losing to the habs.  Tell me when?   Tell me when i brought up crawford.  Tell me when?   My routine.  Lets recap. 

1.   Yemelin hit was clean.  Lucic looks like a baby.  Um. I didnt even make that thread

2.   Lucic feet didnt leave the ice on his hit on Yemelin.  No one sees this but me. 

3.   I brought up the crawford issue on this thread.  All me.  Yup. That was all me.  This was in fun.  Thats what i had with it.  

Why are you trying to tell me what to think on a play.  there were plenty of others that agreed that it was a fine hit.  Yet you use my name in your reply to it.  

give it a rest.  But way to come riding in on your white horse.  No one saw that coming. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:[QUOTE]

Hope Crawford is net tonight. [/QUOTE]

shupe-bait. this place is funny. [/QUOTE]

I turned on Jaws last night right as Chief Brody was throwing chum in the water.

Evil under the sun!

[/QUOTE]

Bet you had nitemares

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey Fletch.  when was i delightful about losing to the habs.  Tell me when?   Tell me when i brought up crawford.  Tell me when?   My routine.  Lets recap. 

1.   Yemelin hit was clean.  Lucic looks like a baby.  Um. I didnt even make that thread

2.   Lucic feet didnt leave the ice on his hit on Yemelin.  No one sees this but me. 

3.   I brought up the crawford issue on this thread.  All me.  Yup. That was all me.  This was in fun.  Thats what i had with it.  

Why are you trying to tell me what to think on a play.  there were plenty of others that agreed that it was a fine hit.  Yet you use my name in your reply to it.  

give it a rest.  

[/QUOTE]

shupe, 90% of your posts are whining about the Bruins dirty tactics or worshiping guys like Crawford (you're still celebrating his Stanley Cup -- read your posts^).  

Sometimes your comparisons of 'our own backyard' are intersting when everyone is remarking about how saintly the Bruins are and complaining about other teams being dirty.  You're good at that.  But you just never stop...

I already said Emelin's hit wasn't illegal.  As a Bruins fan though, I'm not celebrating it endlessly or whining about Lucic throwing some hard checks afterwards.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shupe IS the lone gunman... despite the entire hockey world's opinion that tuukka deserved a top flight goalie contract and  is a vezina front-runner the year after getting that contract.... shupe knows best. at some point shupe it's not everyone else that is misguided, it's you. i swear people on this site feel they have to defend to the death everything they've ever said here. even if it was just said in passing, of the cuff. btw your nap clause would hold some weight if he was being relieved by a bum who had trouble winning games. that's not the case. the bruins paid tuukka top $$ because they believed he is the best goalie in the league. well, this year he should win the award for the best goalie in the league. at this point you're just arguing with yourself. we're laughing.     

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I concur! It's getting over the top. Objectivity is one thing, but if I was a new poster I would think that shupe was either a habs fan, or a Cory Crawford dink stroker! The latter is a joke, but the man never admits he's wrong about anything. That's stubborn Maritime blood! I know, because I used to have it too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

shupe IS the lone gunman... despite the entire hockey world's opinion that tuukka deserved a top flight goalie contract and  is a vezina front-runner the year after getting that contract.... shupe knows best. at some point shupe it's not everyone else that is misguided, it's you. i swear people on this site feel they have to defend to the death everything they've ever said here. even if it was just said in passing, of the cuff. btw your nap clause would hold some weight if he was being relieved by a bum who had trouble winning games. that's not the case. the bruins paid tuukka top $$ because they believed he is the best goalie in the league. well, this year he should win the award for the best goalie in the league. at this point you're just arguing with yourself. we're laughing.     

[/QUOTE]

For the record i hate both contracts. Just like i hate all goalie contracts.  For the record i said tukka deserves vezina.  But yeah lets omit those facts.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I concur! It's getting over the top. Objectivity is one thing, but if I was a new poster I would think that shupe was either a habs fan, or a Cory Crawford dink stroker! 

[/QUOTE]

You started the lucic thread you moron.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

I concur! It's getting over the top. Objectivityis one thing, but if I was a new poster I would think that shupe was either a habs fan, or a Cory Crawford dink stroker! 

You started the lucic thread you moron.  

[/QUOTE]

I know I did! But I also don't bash the Bruins on a continuous basis! I think the Emelin hit was clean, I think Rask is 5x the goalie Crawford is. I think the Lucic' hit on Emelin & Weaver were clean. I don't think Lucic should be whining about something that happened almost 24 hrs after the fact! That's objectivity....not "I'm right about everything!"