Game 76: Bruins @ Detroit GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: Game 76: Bruins @ Detroit GDT

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE]

Detroit steals one. [/QUOTE]

They did but it happens,they needed it alot more than the B's did. [/QUOTE]

It does even to a hot team like the Bs. Boston could have won tonight 5-1. Not disappointed in their play at all.

[/QUOTE]

+1.

Could have won that going away. It happens. Super goal by Nyquist. Will agree that Detroit could be a tough out. The B's are still a superior club.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It does even to a hot team like the Bs. Boston could have won tonight 5-1. Not disappointed in their play at all.

[/QUOTE]

+1.

Could have won that going away. It happens. Super goal by Nyquist. Will agree that Detroit could be a tough out. The B's are still a superior club.

[/QUOTE]

Far superior , Howard stole that game , and the blown call . No big deal move on to tonight's game .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Beezfan4life's comment:

+1.

Far superior , Howard stole that game , and the blown call . No big deal move on to tonight's game .

[/QUOTE]

what blown call ?  the 1st period goal ? if so that didn't effect the final score IMO. If that goal would have contacted says who Boychuk scores ?   the PP would have expired.

Agree the Bruins were the better team and I don't see Howard stealing 4 games if the Bruins were to play the Wings.  It was wave after wave of pressure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what blown call ?  the 1st period goal ?

Agree the Bruins were the better team and I don't see Howard stealing 4 games if the Bruins were to play the Wings.  It was wave after wave of pressure.

[/QUOTE]

Yes,it was a good goal,i thought the B's were playing the Scabs the way it was waved off,anyway like you said there was wave after wave of Bruins,they looked good and i don't see Howard stealing 4 games either.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

All i can say is ive watched detroit over the last few weeks.  That team all buys in.  They are getting a new stock of guys to build around dats, knonwall and zetts.   boston dominated this game so eventually the flood gates would open in a 7 game series.  But detroit wont be intimidated by boston.  They took chicago to 7.  They are a team that sticks to the system just as boston does.  Plus they have some fantastic offense up front.  Tatar could be on my crush list.  He looks like mini Dats.  

Det will give any team they face a headache.  Dats and alfie will be in the lineup.   Zetts is an outside chance of playing.  Thats like getting bergie and dk back.  

i have a lot of time for detroit.  They sure can play the game.   All this minus a goon.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

All i can say is ive watched detroit over the last few weeks.  That team all buys in.  They are getting a new stock of guys to build around dats, knonwall and zetts.   boston dominated this game so eventually the flood gates would open in a 7 game series.  But detroit wont be intimidated by boston.  They took chicago to 7.  They are a team that sticks to the system just as boston does.  Plus they have some fantastic offense up front.  Tatar could be on my crush list.  He looks like mini Dats.  

Det will give any team they face a headache.  Dats and alfie will be in the lineup.   Zetts is an outside chance of playing.  Thats like getting bergie and dk back.  

i have a lot of time for detroit.  They sure can play the game.   All this minus a goon.  

I think they beat the Pens in 5. I think they'd lose to the Bruins in 6. When they do win a round. I don't see them getting much further unless Howard becomes a re-designed Hasek. I can't see a team with 8-12 AHL callups going that far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Red Wings will walk all over the Dancing Dirty Birds. No doubt about it.

That will be so much fun to watch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I will say this though. IF & I mean IF the B's were to lose? I would still be disappointed, but as long as they lose to a team that plays the game the right way. eg Det, or a Chic. It doesn't have the same sour taste as it would if it was an P.O.S team that has prima donnas (Crosby), divers Emelin, or Subban, or cheapshot artist. Neal, Orpuke, LaPuke, Burrows!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to seobrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True, true and true...and on to tonight's game.

Nyquist is an exciting, young player - really the first time I've watched him for a whole game. I am going to dub him "Antti Nyquil".

In another thread I mentioned that I thought moving players around the lineup was gaining good experience in case of injury. My POV hasn't changed, but it really should be in small, one-for-one player swaps rather than the bump up and shuffle they did last night with only one player (Iginla) sitting out.

Eriksson to the first line and Caron/Spooner for Eriksson on the 3rd line would have been just right in my book. I would only swap Smith winger for winger onto the 3rd or 4th lines - and only for a short trial to test it out.

In any case - not the end of the world losing to the Wings but when Bergeron missed his breakaway in the first I said to myself 'uh oh - if our hottest scorer can't score there, we might be in for a fight'. Howard had a great game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think they beat the Pens in 5. I think they'd lose to the Bruins in 6. When they do win a round. I don't see them getting much further unless Howard becomes a re-designed Hasek. I can't see a team with 8-12 AHL callups going that far.

[/QUOTE]

I think pitt would take it to 6 or 7 but believe det will win.  Det wont have that many in the lineup and some of them are top 6 fwds.  

Dats, Franzen, Legwand, Tatar, Nyquist, Alfie look like they slide into the top 6.  Which leaves a bottom 6 looking like

Helm, Bertuzzi, Miller, Abdelkader, Jurco, Anderson in the bottom.  

When Zetteburg comes back bump Alfie down or ride the young line of Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco as a line.  Then they really have a lot to play with.  

Their back end i cant name anyone after the top 4 but they always seem to manage.  

Once you get to better teams that are deeper i think it would expose detroits back end.  

Cant wait for the playoffs.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes,it was a good goal,i thought the B's were playing the Scabs the way it was waved off,anyway like you said there was wave after wave of Bruins,they looked good and i don't see Howard stealing 4 games either.  

[/QUOTE]

alright but they scored right after while still on the PP.  It's not the blown call that had them lose because I think they would still had gotten out of the 1st period leading 1-0, not 2-0 because they took away that goal.

Basically same result.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

alright but they scored right after while still on the PP.  It's not the blown call that had them lose because I think they would still had gotten out of the 1st period leading 1-0, not 2-0 because they took away that goal.

Basically same result.

[/QUOTE]

The PP was over, could have been 2-0, but who knows how it would have played out.I still say the better team didn't win last night,a hot goalie & timely scoring did,full credit to the Wings as they needed the 2 pts. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

+1.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what blown call ?  the 1st period goal ? if so that didn't effect the final score IMO. If that goal would have contacted says who Boychuk scores ?   the PP would have expired.

[/QUOTE]

yes. the chain of events that happen after the blown call probably would not have happen. PP would have been over,face off at center ice etc etc. that said while Detroit is one of the teams  I'm concerned about in the the playoffs,B's dominated a team that is desperate for points. this was a good loss if there is such a thing in a game that didn't go to a shootout.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

The wings are problematic IMO ...because they are one of the few teams who are smart enough not to engage the B's in any kind of physical style. They will not fall into the trap that the the other fools do (cnucks, pens for ex) of trying to fight fire with fire - that's a loser for anyone who goes that route. The wings, and to a lesser degree - the habs, will just stick to their system, and skate you into the ice. Well coached, more than enough skill and goal tending - I want no part of that team. The Bruins are a team that responds to physicality, but not necessarily one that depends on it without being first provoked. They won't poke the bear, cause they're too busy skating and using their skill - that's smart, and something I'd rather avoid that if possible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The wings are problematic IMO ...because they are one of the few teams who are smart enough not to engage the B's in any kind of physical style. They will not fall into the trap that the the other fools do (cnucks, pens for ex) of trying to fight fire with fire - that's a loser for anyone who goes that route. The wings, and to a lesser degree - the habs, will just stick to their system, and skate you into the ice. Well coached, more than enough skill and goal tending - I want no part of that team. The Bruins are a team that responds to physicality, but not necessarily one that depends on it without being first provoked. They won't poke the bear, cause they're too busy skating and using their skill - that's smart, and something I'd rather avoid that if possible.

[/QUOTE]

Well they didn't last night,i saw wave after wave of Bruins and a Detroit goalie who stole 2 pts,bring on the Wings.