Game 80 Bruins@Jets GTD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Game 80 Bruins@Jets GTD

BRUINS (53-18-8) at JETS (35-35-10)

TV: NESN, TSN-JETS

Last 10: Boston 6-1-3; Winnipeg 4-5-1

Season series: This is the second and final game. The Boston Bruins defeated the Winnipeg Jets 4-1 at TD Garden on Jan. 4.

Team Scope:

Bruins: Boston wraps up a two-game road trip in Winnipeg after a 4-3 shootout loss at the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday.

Coach Claude Julien put the Bruins, who are 16-1-3 in their past 20 games, through a short practice Wednesday at MTS Centre.

"You've got to have a practice like we did [Wednesday]," Julien said. "It was based on being sharp and intense. It doesn't have to be long. We know that. It just has to be good. I thought we had a good practice.

"Guys have to understand that these last few games do mean something," Julien said. "It means staying sharp. You don't want to start the [Stanley Cup] Playoffs on a negative note, because you're just kind of coasting through your last few games."

Right wing Jarome Iginla (lower body), who has missed the past two games, skated Wednesday. Defenseman Kevan Miller did not play at Minnesota because of an injury but skated. Center David Krejci, who had Tuesday off, participated in practice.

Julien confirmed that injured defensemen Adam McQuaid (quad) and Dennis Seidenberg (knee) skated in Boston.

The Bruins recalled forward Ryan Spooner from the Providence Bruins of the American Hockey League on an emergency basis. The 21-year-old has 11 assists in 22 games with Boston this season, and 11 goals and 34 assists with Providence in 45 games.

Jets: Winnipeg will miss the playoffs for the seventh consecutive season and close their home schedule against Boston before their season finale Friday on the road against the Calgary Flames.

Jets coach Paul Maurice put his players through a 90-minute practice at MTS Centre on Wednesday that included nearly an hour of skating drills.

Maurice's contract status for next season remains to be determined, but several Jets players saw the practice session as a preview of what they could expect in September at training camp if he returns. Though Maurice has not confirmed whether he will return next season, he explained that the uncertainty around his status has not affected his approach toward his team.

"I want [the players] to be prepared for a tougher training camp than perhaps [they are] used to," Maurice said. "I've asked them to prepare differently, to train differently, to be aware of their summer program and how that affects what they are able to do in camp."

The Jets recalled center Patrice Cormier from the St. John's IceCaps of the AHL on Wednesday. Cormier has one assist in seven games with the Jets this season.

Who's hot: Bruins center Patrice Bergeron's first-period goal Tuesday at Minnesota extended his point streak to 12 games. He has 10 goals and six assists during the streak. ... Before Minnesota shut out the Jets 1-0 on Monday, leading scorer Blake Wheeler had three assists in his past two games.

Injury report: McQuaid (quad) and Seidenberg (knee) are out for the Bruins. Miller (undisclosed) and Iginla (lower body) are questionable. … Jets forwards Dustin Byfuglien (muscle tear), Mark Scheifele (sprained MCL), Chris Thorburn (talus) and James Wright (ankle), defensemen Zach Bogosian (upper body), Grant Clitsome (back) and Keaton Ellerby (lower body), and goaltender Al Montoya (lower body) are out. Forward Andrew Ladd (undisclosed) skated Wednesday but is questionable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Re: Game 80 Bruins@Jets GTD

No Bergeron and Kelly  tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I wonder if Julien will slide Spooner into Bergerons spot. That would be ideal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Kelly is expected to be out remainder of season but be ready when playoffs begin.

With Bergy out too. perhaps Spooner will be our 3rd center tonight with Soderberg moving up with Machand and Smith. Could be more wide open hockey tonight.

Rask expected to play and Hutchinson for the Jets

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Love the fact there resting some players towards the end, lets face it, playing teams who are out are playing for jobs next year and they dont care about the other team. Avoiding games like this avoids un warranted injuries also.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:

Kelly is expected to be out remainder of season but be ready when playoffs begin.

With Bergy out too. perhaps Spooner will be our 3rd center tonight with Soderberg moving up with Machand and Smith. Could be more wide open hockey tonight.

Rask expected to play and Hutchinson for the Jets

Just for s*its & giggles I'd like to see Spooner Center Brad & Reilly for a period. Just to see how he handles it. Put him on the pp & pk too. Perfect time to test his mettle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Ugh - a meaningless game for both teams (Other than the President's trophy race for the B's) can't they just cancel the game and spare me the torture.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Should b a yawner. Tell players no hitting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Ugh - a meaningless game for both teams (Other than the President's trophy race for the B's) can't they just cancel the game and spare me the torture.

You want meaningless?  I'm going to Panthers vs. Marble Loafs tonight.

No joke:  Front row balcony tickets are $2...and they come with a parking pass.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to red75's comment:

Wish I had one of those when I was there.  What's the deal with the parking in Sunrise?  

We literally had to park at Target.  Long walk, missed a few minutes of the 1st.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

$2 hockey sounds like the steal of the century!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

stay healthy Bruins!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

sooner or later, the Panthers will start paying people to come to their games... seriously haha. its rough over there as you would know best being closest to it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Ya know when the time comes for the Bruins to part ways with S.T. I think Anthony Peulso would be a nice replacement. Big boy, knows his role, not a major liability in his own end & has some skill and drops them with the best of them. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Bruins got beat that period... too many turnovers

But the scoreboard says different!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If the Jets could finish, Bruins would be down 4 or 5 goals by now...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

not much good coming from Boston except for on the scoreboard. DK and Iggy have put together a couple of nice plays but Hutch had stoned them every time. Stuart is out-muscling everyone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nice save by Johnson on Wheeler.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That was a nice little bit of read and react from the Spooner-Marchand-Smith line. Too bad Smith couldn't bury it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

If the Jets could finish, Bruins would be down 4 or 5 goals by now...

Someday Jets will be where Bruins are now. Nice to be a Bruins fan too.

Cheering for Bruins all the way to Stanley cup

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I've liked what I've seen from Spooner tonight, much better than Caron.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I love how Iginla is getting chances. Stuart is a beast no question and he certainly laid out Ericsson nicely. He's not dominating "everyone". Smith is showing his playoff mode. Games not perfect,  hot goalie which will happen in the post season. I like the Bruins game overall. Considering arguably their best forward, number 1 goalie and best dman in the game isn't dressed.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Oh and I love how CJ listened to me and put Spooner with Brad and Reilly. In your face Stanley!!!!. Guess the Bruins organization knows who to really listen to. Haha! Up yours fawknuts and don't bother responding to me because ur sorry a ss is ignored! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I love how Iginla is getting chances. Stuart is a beast no question and he certainly laid out Ericsson nicely. He's not dominating "everyone". Smith is showing his playoff mode. Games not perfect,  hot goalie which will happen in the post season. I like the Bruins game overall. Considering arguably their best forward, number 1 goalie and best dman in the game isn't dressed.  

I may have embellished a bit... but after the hit on Loui... I didn't see anyone drop the gloves. And March sure took that high stick with no argument.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Has anyone noticed a pattern of giving up goals late in the last few games?

Sections
Shortcuts