Game 82 Providence Bruins@New Jersey Devils Old Timers GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Game 82 Providence Bruins@New Jersey Devils Old Timers GDT

Brodeur and Jagr were awakened from their nap at the nursing home and wheeled into the rink.

Brodeur, 1-8-2 with a 3.37 GAA in his last 11 starts against Boston, is the NHL's all-time leader with 687 wins and 124 shutouts.

Fellow future Hall of Famer Jaromir Jagr, signed to a one-year deal in July, is also uncertain to return. The 42-year-old right winger leads the Devils with 41 assists and 65 points.

"We're so close in age that we relate a lot to different things," Brodeur said of Jagr. "It was really interesting to spend a whole year with him, I really enjoyed it. I think it's a great example of what hockey should be all about. He's having fun playing, he's playing the game hard. He reminds me a lot of the current US president, Lyndon Johnson."

Both players will be returned to the nursing home post game in time for the show tunes sing along in the recreation room.

The Bruins will send a yellow school bus full of children from Providence for this afternoon's matchup.  They stopped briefly in Greenwich Connecticut for Happy Meals, assistant coach Dough Houda commented that "discipline has been difficult to maintain on this trip, there were some crayons flying around and at least one unscheduled potty break.  They seemed pretty cranky, but after crackers and milk and a good nap, they should be ready to go by gametime."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Game 82 Providence Bruins@New Jersey Devils Old Timers GDT

BadHab FTW.

Which call-up has the best game statistically?  I propose the following measuring stick:

goal - 2pts

assists - 1pt

plus - 1pt per +

minus - [subtract] 1pt per -

obstruction fouls etc. - [subtract] 1 point/2 minutes

fight - 5 points/fighting major.

gwg - 2 points

Game star - first (3), second (2), third (1)

Winner gets a bag of orange wedges and a Sunny D.  And I pick Khokhlachev.  I have a feeling that this will be a loosey goosey affair and he'll be charging around like a Russian maniac.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I don't think this will be Brodeur's last game.

Didn't Hamill score his first NHL once in one of these games against the Devils? 

Who will be the new Zach Hamill ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

BadHab FTW.

Which call-up has the best game statistically?  I propose the following measuring stick:

goal - 2pts

assists - 1pt

plus - 1pt per +

minus - [subtract] 1pt per -

obstruction fouls etc. - [subtract] 1 point/2 minutes

fight - 5 points/fighting major.

gwg - 2 points

Game star - first (3), second (2), third (1)

Winner gets a bag of orange wedges and a Sunny D.  And I pick Khokhlachev.  I have a feeling that this will be a loosey goosey affair and he'll be charging around like a Russian maniac.

Thank God Tommy Cross isn't being called up, if he was I might choke myself to death with my Carl Soderberg shirt.

Total crap shoot for the rookie of the afternoon contest.  I'm going with Fraser.-----> EDIT - Fraser didn't get called up.  So I go with Lindblad.

Anything could happen in a game where a prospect could get himself noticed and some Devil veterans are thinking about tee times and Bruins vet sharpening up for the playoffs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

What are the lines today?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

loving koko so far 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Spooner not playing?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Khoklachev between Smith and Marchand.  Looks like Florek with Soderberg and Eriksson.  Lindblad with Campbell and Thornton.  Cunningham, Caron, and surprise of the day: Hamilton playing forward on the fourth line!  TOI suggest that Soderberg line is the first line, Khokhlachev the second.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Ericksson's finding his form at exactly the right time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Sure was a pretty pp goal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

loving koko so far 

[/QUOTE]

Really?  I'm not.  He looks lost.  Penalty.  Nice bit of set-up for a shot by Bartkowski but then he drifts to the side of the net instead of going to the net.  A couple of occasions on the cycle, he's not reading off of Marchand and Smith very well, not going to open ice or giving them options, and too much time watching the puck.  I mean, no judgment on his prospects based on his first NHL game, but this isn't what I was thinking when I picked him to win the Hamill award for best game by a call-up playing in the most irrelevant game of the year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

They couldn't give dougie the day off and stick spooner in?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Spooner not playing?

[/QUOTE]

Surprising, no?  I had to look to see if he was a healthy scratch, but clearly they returned him to Providence because he's playing against Manchester right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Soderberg set to amaze, already knew he had the pass on LouIs stick before he himself had the puck. Carl wants the puck!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I have to admit, I love this game.  Fun to watch some of these guys get a chance to play without the reins too tight.

Florek's charging around out there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

General question. Are there any areas of Caron's game that have improved? Whenever he's in the lineup I watch him closely and it's rare that he has any presence out there. A moment where we can say "That's more like it, man!" 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I wonder if Corey Potter is referred to as The Oil Who Lived in Edmonton?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'm digging the classic soundtrack they're playing this game. James Brown earlier. Wild Thing by Tone Loc moments ago.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

General question. Are there any areas of Caron's game that have improved? Whenever he's in the lineup I watch him closely and it's rare that he has any presence out there. A moment where we can say "That's more like it, man!" 

[/QUOTE]

It's not a big thing, but the last few games, he looks to be taking a page out of Thornton's book and trying to make plays rather than just "manage the puck."  Second assist of the year yesterday....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"...the fans have been on Loui Eriksson's side from the get-go..." - Jack Armstrong.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That last wrap around goal set me back against Reacharound.

And for Caron, I hope this is the last game either play in a Bruins uniform.

Watching them is just plain tedious.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Cunningham just made a play that reminded me of the one time Jamie Arniel was up in one of these - just grabbed it high on the boards and whipped it at the net with no sense of the play, where anyone was, what the right play might have been.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

9 shots after 2 periods?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's not a big thing, but the last few games, he looks to be taking a page out of Thornton's book and trying to make plays rather than just "manage the puck."  Second assist of the year yesterday....

[/QUOTE]

That's a step forward for him. I hesitate to agree with others who suggest a change would somehow unearth something consistently not seen in Boston. The guy's on a powerhouse team. Would the potential with which he entered the league flourish with, say, the Isles? Increased ice time would be the solution?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That last wrap around goal set me back against Reacharound.

And for Caron, I hope this is the last game either play in a Bruins uniform.

Watching them is just plain tedious.

[/QUOTE]

Wonder if there's a stat out there somewhere on the success rate vs attempts on that play on him.