Game 82 Providence Bruins@New Jersey Devils Old Timers GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Game 82 Providence Bruins@New Jersey Devils Old Timers GDT

Hm.  A little "When the Levee Breaks"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

No Jack today -- stuck with Jersey MSG feed. Kudos to Chico Resch who announced his retirement from the booth. Apologizing to B's fans for being a homer today on Marty's last game. Chico is a class guy all the way. When the Devil franchise arrived from Colorado they practised at the dual Ice World rink in Totowa. I was playing in a pick up league run by Camile Henry and after practise -- Chico would hang out in the parking lot just talking hockey with us shlubs. He was a great ambassidor for the Devils -- selling the Devils to an already saturated market. Shows up early to the games and always willing to engage with the fans walking to the arena. He's as humble and classy as they come. Thanks Chico. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Reacharound-Wraparound Chad is doing himself no favors for a re-signing.  Svedberg will be back up next year.  

Pray Rask stays healthy for the playoffs.  IMO, Johnson has to be one the most overrated back up goalies with a 2.07 GAA and a .923 SV% going into this game.  (He's played 4 playoff teams in his 27 starts; the rest mostly bottom dreck like the Panthers, Oilers, Sabres, etc...)

This is his game to earn his contract, and he's lowering himself to occasion.  Out of position way too often all season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Is this a first?  The gdt has 3 threads in front of it - while the game is going on?

I'm feeling like I'm wasting part of my life watching this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

A Caron sighting on that shot stopped by Brodeur. Looks like he took a good look before taking the shot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

General question. Are there any areas of Caron's game that have improved? Whenever he's in the lineup I watch him closely and it's rare that he has any presence out there. A moment where we can say "That's more like it, man!" 

No

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Marty with a great career but to end it today saying he barely beat a minor league team -- to me -- was like watching Lawrence Taylor get his final sack on a gimmee courtesy of Bret Farve.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Okay seasons over, at least we got to see a reach around in the last game. Could only have been better if SweetHands dangled through 5 Devils on his way to a highlight goal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

BadHab FTW.

Which call-up has the best game statistically?  I propose the following measuring stick:

goal - 2pts

assists - 1pt

plus - 1pt per +

minus - [subtract] 1pt per -

obstruction fouls etc. - [subtract] 1 point/2 minutes

fight - 5 points/fighting major.

gwg - 2 points

Game star - first (3), second (2), third (1)

Winner gets a bag of orange wedges and a Sunny D.  And I pick Khokhlachev.  I have a feeling that this will be a loosey goosey affair and he'll be charging around like a Russian maniac.

I think I won with Lindblad, both were even, but Koko took a penalty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

Reacharound-Wraparound Chad is doing himself no favors for a re-signing.  Svedberg will be back up next year.  

Pray Rask stays healthy for the playoffs.  IMO, Johnson has to be one the most overrated back up goalies with a 2.07 GAA and a .923 SV% going into this game.  (He's played 4 playoff teams in his 27 starts; the rest mostly bottom dreck like the Panthers, Oilers, Sabres, etc...)

This is his game to earn his contract, and he's lowering himself to occasion.  Out of position way too often all season.

I just got back from the game... Bruins were totally off their game. Ochocinco actually stopped this from being a much bigger blowout.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

a really disjointed game for the Bruins, but not unexpected given the personnel

none of the baby-Bs stood out IMRHO

the big boys ( Soderberg, Eriksson, Marchand ) stepped up on the two power plays and showed why the Bruins are moving on to the Stanley Cup playoffs and the Devils will be setting up tee times

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

This is my favorite post in such a long time.  The reason?  He's serious.  The guy posts a 2.10 and .925, going 17-4-3 and this joker is upset.  As for his opponents, he's played against Toronto, LA, Ottawa, Columbus, Dallas, Montreal, and Colorado as well.

Johnson has been an amazing backup goalie.  His job is to give them a chance to win, at a discounted price, while Rask rests.  He  certainly has done that.

But, let's throw all of that out the window because ipotnyc says he's been out of position a lot. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

It was good to see Koko. He did not look out of place playing second C. Good on him. Florek impressed again. Had some good shots on net, hit and played aggressive out there, lots of energy. He will be competing for top 9 spot next year for sure.  Maybe he will be a black ace for us this year.

Smith is on the rise again I can feel it. He is having good scoring opportunities just have to get his shot off better. With the past few looks with line changes, Smith is still a good fit for the second line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Missed the game. So there was no "Z Hamill" this year ?  scoring in the last game of the season filling in , resting starters .  Oh well...no future legend in the making.

From what I read many say that Koko looked good .  was he ?  or was it only a Bruins fan illusion ? Spooner didn't play ?

I think if Paille is down I would rather see a Florek or Johnson called up for the chance to play on the 4th line.  

Sections
Shortcuts