Game canceled

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Game canceled

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415623

In a shortened season this will be a tough game to reschedule.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

Re: Game canceled

In response to red75's comment:

I'm very disappointed but understanding. Hope everyone's power is restored soon and the loss of life and property is kept to a minimum. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

They'll probably wait till the end of the season. There's usually a 3 day wait before the play-offs start.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

A lot of games are jammed in as it is, red.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

It's the right call.  The T is not runnining until tomorrow so those who have tickets would not be able to use public transportation.  And if you've ever driven in Boston after a major storm, never mind a major blizzard like this, you know what a disaster that is!  The streets are narrow enough as it is, throw 2.5' of snow in the mix and fuggedaboudit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Trains are still shut down and the government has still asked people to stay off the roads. Was hoping to see the game but I guess it makes sense. Tampa is probably pissed, they had to brave the snow storm for nothing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

On the upside, everyone can stay safe and warm, and the B's get another days rest for the Sabres. Kaleta will be back as well, likely more fireworks, bring it on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Strange. Must be really bad down there. Here in Portland it hasn't been snowing since early this morning and the roads are pretty good.

Then again, Boston is much larger and populated. On a positive note, the Bruins will be very well rested for the Sabres, who will be tired from their game tonight. I'd love to see Boston beat them down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I chalk it up to the trains still being down and the parking ban just being lifted. If the workers can't get there, no way to have a game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dougie_Spamilton. Show Dougie_Spamilton's posts

Not enough money to be made in terms of concessions etc therefore no game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Hope everyone is okay up there... scenes they show on the news look like a total whiteout.

This is awful news for the Bruins... they already have the worst second-half schedule of any team. They will be tired and bruised going into the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Good call.

Looking at the tight schedule, the B's are either back-to-back or every other day for the rest of the season - until 24th, 25th and 26th of April.

TB is playing three straight at home that week (21, 24, 27) so the only possible date would be the 26th in Boston, creating the front end of a back-to-back.

Doesn't look like anything else is scheduled at TD Garden that night...

http://www.tdgarden.com/calendar/index.html

Otherwise, it may have to wait until after the end of the regular season.

Hopefully, it won't matter: (TB & Boston both win their Divisions), the teams won't be able to move up or down in the standings and the game is cancelled outright.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Oh, and why does BDC insist on rubbing salt into our hockey wounds by showing a photo of Gollum Gary Bettman on its cover page?

Because he is synonamous with cancelled games????

Sheeesh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

I chalk it up to the trains still being down and the parking ban just being lifted. If the workers can't get there, no way to have a game.

That's it.  No public transportation.  The parking ban is still in effect....it's the travel ban that's been lifted.

So...no public transportation + no street parking + no parking in parking garages ('cause they're filled with residents who can't park on the street because of said parking ban) = no one can get to the game who isn't within walking distance. 

In short.....no game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

The great part is none of our spouses know the game is cancelled. They're playing Game 7 of 2011 on NESN. Show it quickly, then turn off and say..."No honey, I know I spent the entire day wth you and the kids, and several hours shoveling out the driveway, but I don't want to watch hockey tonight. I want to spend quality time with you."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVESTAPLETON86. Show DAVESTAPLETON86's posts

rewatching lucic's piston-ing of kaleta will do for tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpKtyUHQQMY

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Dougie_Spamilton's comment:

Sadly this is your best post since you gt here

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dougie_Spamilton. Show Dougie_Spamilton's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

In response to Dougie_Spamilton's comment:

Sadly this is your best post since you gt here

I've been here for years, forgot password for older account. Please feel free to be perpetually annoyed at my genius for hockey discussion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

Good call.

Looking at the tight schedule, the B's are either back-to-back or every other day for the rest of the season - until 24th, 25th and 26th of April.

TB is playing three straight at home that week (21, 24, 27) so the only possible date would be the 26th in Boston, creating the front end of a back-to-back.

Doesn't look like anything else is scheduled at TD Garden that night...

http://www.tdgarden.com/calendar/index.html

Otherwise, it may have to wait until after the end of the regular season.

Hopefully, it won't matter: (TB & Boston both win their Divisions), the teams won't be able to move up or down in the standings and the game is cancelled outright.

You're better with your predictions than Stanley.  At least you were close.  April 25th.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=655209&navid=nhl:topheads

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Thanks GNB.

Stanley would have counted that as a 'take it to Vegas' win.

Rescheduling here definitely favours the Home team (as it should) - smack in the middle of the Bs short break. TB gets the back-to-back and not both teams.

We definitely lucked out with only 6 back-to-backs this year (some teams have 12).