Game Five Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (Series tied 2-2)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Game Five Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (Series tied 2-2)

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:[QUOTE]

From those comments looks like some folks had their first beer, San. [/QUOTE]

Funny all the smurfs left the main board GDT after the Bs went up 3-1 and then came back after Subban PP goal, Shab fans lost their minds when CBC started talking about the Thornton/Subban water incident. Then of course all the Canucklehead and Dirty Bird fans jumped in.

Just how I like it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:[QUOTE]

From those comments looks like some folks had their first beer, San. [/QUOTE]

Funny all the smurfs left the main board GDT after the Bs went up 3-1 and then came back after Subban PP goal, Shab fans lost their minds when CBC started talking about the Thornton/Subban water incident. Then of course all the Canucklehead and Dirty Bird fans jumped in.

Just how I like it.

[/QUOTE]

The Bruins are wearing the black hat. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:[QUOTE] This is more or less why BDC can crap the bed on a beta release for the forums and we still come here.[/QUOTE]

Most of the regulars on the HF Bruins Board used to be one here. Most left because the latest beta release is not the first time BDC screwed up it's discussion community.

I go there for the comedy and, like here, there are some good posters.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:[QUOTE] Funny all the smurfs left the main board GDT after the Bs went up 3-1 and then came back after Subban PP goal, Shab fans lost their minds when CBC started talking about the Thornton/Subban water incident. Then of course all the Canucklehead and Dirty Bird fans jumped in.

Just how I like it. [/QUOTE]

The Bruins are wearing the black hat. [/QUOTE]

The comment section of that Willis Province article about the Bruins is full of Canuck fans LoL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

[/QUOT]

Naturally.....I wonder if CBC is a state of denial as we speak. Healy and Hughson in particular...

[/QUOTE]

CBC's Simpson assumed Thornton spit on PK when he was complaining to the refs.  what a dosh.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Bruins in 6 Baby!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

CBC's Simpson assumed Thornton spit on PK when he was complaining to the refs.  what a dosh.

Yeah, of course ST spit on him because that's what bruins do...from the mind of Craig Simpson-concussion (brain trauma) victim.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The B's are Lee Van Cleef to the Scabs Gary Cooper,love it,bring it on and keep it coming,bunch of puzzies.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Like "Razor" Ramon used to say,"I'm the bad guy".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

From what i've been reading,these Scab fans are some riled about the water ST squirted at Subban,wow,you'd think he'd low bridged him or something. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From what i've been reading,these Scab fans are some riled about the water ST squirted at Subban,wow,you'd think he'd low bridged him or something. 

[/QUOTE]

yes but still dumb from Thornton.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ya, I agree it was dumb, kinda like Lucic's ball crusher move. 

The Bruins are no saints. Oh well. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

ST will be fined, but PK and the Canadians don't get fined for diving. It was water for fawk sakes!! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ya, I agree it was dumb, kinda like Lucic's ball crusher move. 

The Bruins are no saints. Oh well. 

[/QUOTE]

why give the Habs something to rally with.  You know if the tables were torn we would be in up arms.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't see how Thornton will get fined if Perry didn't. Perhaps because it was during the game, maybe butwho cares B's won, if the Habs need to cry about this to help for game 6 so be it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see how Thornton will get fined if Perry didn't. Perhaps because it was during the game, maybe butwho cares B's won, if the Habs need to cry about this to help for game 6 so be it.

[/QUOTE]

The kicker is that there is no video showing ST actually squirting the water that I am aware of. Tough to fine a guy based on hearsay of an opposing player.....could be an interesting call. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

It was dumb of Thornton, but I'm way more concerned about Marchand taking a flat-out stupid penalty to give the Shabs a PPG and make them think they were still in it.  I know he plays on the edge but there is no upside to giving those guys life.

And Bart... he had a good game for the most part, and Subban dove on the second penalty, but they were both penalties and nothing keeps Montreal in these games like the PP.  I do not expect the B's to go without penalties (although I wish they looked better on the PK), but the penalties called on the B's tonight were legit.  Blasting Gallagher into Tuukka? And Marchand not only should have had a second minor on the same call for a cross-check, but he got away with 2 slashes later in the period!  Claude has got to talk with them about that stuff.

I was concerned about the B's being too scared about getting called in Montreal, but tonight I thought their discipline was lacking.  I guess its a tough, tough balance.

Puh-leeez kill these Pouteenies Monday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was dumb of Thornton, but I'm way more concerned about Marchand taking a flat-out stupid penalty to give the Shabs a PPG and make them think they were still in it.  I know he plays on the edge but there is no upside to giving those guys life.

And Bart... he had a good game for the most part, and Subban dove on the second penalty, but they were both penalties and nothing keeps Montreal in these games like the PP.  I do not expect the B's to go without penalties (although I wish they looked better on the PK), but the penalties called on the B's tonight were legit.  Blasting Gallagher into Tuukka? And Marchand not only should have had a second minor on the same call for a cross-check, but he got away with 2 slashes later in the period!  Claude has got to talk with them about that stuff.

I was concerned about the B's being too scared about getting called in Montreal, but tonight I thought their discipline was lacking.  I guess its a tough, tough balance.

Puh-leeez kill these Pouteenies Monday.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, I was screaming when that penalty happened. Up 4-1 less then 3 min. left?? Just play like you were the whole game. Subban has one nasty slap shot. Got to give him credit for that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Let's just put 'em away.   6 or 7.   Just get to Round 3.   In this game they played most "Bruins like" in this series.    It should only get tougher for the Scabs from here on.  

Just beware them zebras…..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

How the water bottle 'incident' is even a story?  NESN showed it at least 3 times after the game you can't even see anything come out.  

That's almost as good as the OT winning goal celebration for the second goal.

As someone called him in another board:  PK "Tampon" Subban

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The best thing that could happen is he'd be suspended for 2 games ...OMG fans would discover a new talent much better than Fraser...Seth Griffith ...and it would be the end of the series for Claude's little lover boy

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

Like "Razor" Ramon used to say,"I'm the bad guy".

[/QUOTE]

Choo not dealing with a little boy..choo dealing with a full grown mang ! Used to love Razor Ramone ! Lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

To sum up the water incident, BFD. Great game Bs. 1 more please , just one more to shut up all the Habs fans around here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe they should play like your Red Wings and spend the whole game trying not to get called for anything?

They destroyed the Habs in Game 5.  The balance was perfect.

This is what hockey looks like from a winning team.  You're a Wings fan, so you may not remember.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The kicker is that there is no video showing ST actually squirting the water that I am aware of. Tough to fine a guy based on hearsay of an opposing player.....could be an interesting call. 

[/QUOTE]

just fyi

TSN claims there is video "evidence" here:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451809

Sections
Shortcuts