Game Five Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (Series tied 2-2)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btrentor. Show btrentor's posts

Re: Game Five Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (Series tied 2-2)

Thoughts:

1) Thornton / Subban = BFD. I've seen players on the bench punch players on the ice with much less drama. 

2) Marchand is still struggling. Fumbled puck at blue line, got frustrated and took bad penalty.   

3) Krejci - drank out of same bottle as Marchand. Wonder if he's playing with bad wrist or something...

4) Bartkowski - played better but...must not have been hugged enough as a child.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Marchand is playing better overall (all three zones); now just avoid the negative plays, si vous plaise!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:[QUOTE] I don't see how Thornton will get fined if Perry didn't. Perhaps because it was during the game, maybe butwho cares B's won, if the Habs need to cry about this to help for game 6 so be it. [/QUOTE]

Ryan Clowe didn't get fined for playing the puck from the bench. That was during the PP, in the middle of a playoff game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mattbs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

CBC's Simpson assumed Thornton spit on PK when he was complaining to the refs.  what a dosh.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, of course ST spit on him because that's what bruins do...from the mind of Craig Simpson-concussion (brain trauma) victim. 

[/QUOTE]

Simpson is now the worst of the regular CBC crew for showing a clear anti-Bruin bias.  Healey may be going around on talk radio and saying he thinks Marchand should be getting a penalty every shift, but he's presenting Marchand's grease pretty reasonably - more of a "this is why he's tough to play against" angle than oh, boo hoo, poor Scabs.  I also can't recall if it was Simpson or Hughson who said Gallagher was basically sucking around in the corner trying to draw a penalty as though this was the way things should be done.  Between the "He Spit On Him!!" comment that Hughson immediately corrected and thereby saved millions of dollars of damage in Montreal, and then whining that Marchand didn't get a double minor for that little jab crosscheck that almost every agitator in the league does once he knows he's getting a penalty because he's looking for the retaliation to even it out, I thought Simpson was very unprofessional.  I can live with the commentary being all about the plucky Scabs and how they use their speed and skill to counter the big bad Bruins, but this stuff seems like a personal bias on Simpson's part, and that's so bush.  Gennerettish.

[object HTMLDivElement]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Out of the "Three Stooges" Healy,Simpson & Hughson, i at least give Hughson some credit because he will correct Healy & Simpson when they make outlandish statements that aren't true,when Hughson does this both Healy & Simpson never respond,there is just silence on the air as if they just won't acknowledge it. I too can live with the commentary being about the Scabs as it is a Canadian broadcaster,but for the sake of professionalism,at least get it right,their over the top hatred for the B's is so obvious that they don't even try to hide it anymore,Julien has become Emperor Palpatine & the rest of the B's are the Sith,give it a rest,we as B's fans get it already.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to perrysound's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yes but still dumb from Thornton.

Ya, I agree it was dumb, kinda like Lucic's ball crusher move. 

The Bruins are no saints. Oh well. 

[/QUOTE]

why give the Habs something to rally with.  You know if the tables were torn we would be in up arms.

[/QUOTE]

i'm with you....  we've got them on the ropes, why add insult to injury....

[object HTMLDivElement]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

why give the Habs something to rally with.  You know if the tables were torn we would be in up arms.

[/QUOTE]

Its like when Ference gave the Bell Centre crowd the finger back in 2011,no one rallied but the Bruins. The B's just have to play their game and they will beat the Scabs, if they need some water on PK's visor to get motivated,their in big trouble.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Out of the "Three Stooges" Healy,Simpson & Hughson, i at least give Hughson some credit because he will correct Healy & Simpson when they make outlandish statements that aren't true,when Hughson does this both Healy & Simpson never respond,there is just silence on the air as if they just won't acknowledge it. I too can live with the commentary being about the Scabs as it is a Canadian broadcaster,but for the sake of professionalism,at least get it right,their over the top hatred for the B's is so obvious that they don't even try to hide it anymore,Julien has become Emperor Palpatine & the rest of the B's are the Sith,give it a rest,we as B's fans get it already.

[/QUOTE]

Does that make Lucic Darth Maul?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

More like Darth Tyrannus,Marchy is Darth Maul. ;-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hahaha....love it. I wonder who Luke Skywalker would be.....maybe Gallagher.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hahaha....love it. I wonder who Luke Skywalker would be.....maybe Gallagher.

[/QUOTE]

Well we've already established the Scabs anthem singer is "Jabba the Hab",so i guess Gallagher could but he is a bit of a weasel,maybe Desharnais?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[/QUOTE]

Well we've already established the Scabs anthem singer is "Jabba the Hab",so i guess Gallagher could but he is a bit of a weasel,maybe Desharnais?

[/QUOTE]

I certainly didn't mind the tart who sang the US anthem in Montreal before game 4.  Seemed like my pants were getting shorter by "home of the brave".

Then that troll came out for the Canadian anthem.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I certainly didn't mind the tart who sang the US anthem in Montreal before game 4.  Seemed like my pants were getting shorter by "home of the brave".

Then that troll came out for the Canadian anthem.

[/QUOTE]

LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Your in-laws are French? You are a braver man than I....

[/QUOTE]
    Yes, and so am I.  The evening turned out pretty good.  We watched the game on CBC because I turned on the TV about 15 minutes before the game and nobody changed the channel.  The 3-0 lead chased some of them (including the worst one) out of the room.  After the game, there was the usual Bruins are a bunch of goons and the officials won't call them because Gregory Campbell's a Bruin. 

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jmwalters's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Your in-laws are French? You are a braver man than I....

[/QUOTE]
    Yes, and so am I.  The evening turned out pretty good.  We watched the game on CBC because I turned on the TV about 15 minutes before the game and nobody changed the channel.  The 3-0 lead chased some of them (including the worst one) out of the room.  After the game, there was the usual Bruins are a bunch of goons and the officials won't call them because Gregory Campbell's a Bruin. 

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

[/QUOTE]

I see the Montreal fans have borrowed the company line from the Nuck fans,whatever works for them i guess.

Sections
Shortcuts