Game plan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Game plan

Washington playing like Rangers blocking most shots from point,that's why Bruins have such a hard time against them because they generate most of ther offense from point ,very little down low.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Game plan

Or try a little bit of what Ottawa did against the Rangers last night. If they're going to block everything shoot high. Either it goes over them or it makes them hurt. Might make them think twice about selling out to block a shot if Chara/Boychuck shoot some one timers or slapshots into their upper legs/knees.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Re: Game plan:
    [QUOTE]Or try a little bit of what Ottawa did against the Rangers last night. If they're going to block everything shoot high. Either it goes over them or it makes them hurt. Might make them think twice about selling out to block a shot if Chara/Boychuck shoot some one timers or slapshots into their upper legs/knees.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]
    As long as they don;t hit there own players,but then yeah there  not in front of the net anyway

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd like to see the puck down by the goal line more, create more scoring chsnces, then, that will open up the point men. Theyre forwards are playing real high and the Bruins keep going there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like to see the puck down by the goal line more, create more scoring chsnces, then, that will open up the point men. Theyre forwards are playing real high and the Bruins keep going there.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    I no especially on the power play there so predictable,i still say when they get a powerplay,take a penalty,then have the 4 on 4

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Oops wrong thread.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good place for me to copy my other post.

-Last season it was the same thing the Habs kept the Bruins on the outside and Price got tons of shots he easily steered away or held on to. Holtby doing the same.
    - and the solution to my first point is get traffic and make it difficult on Holtby (as was saying on Price) . Seems simple right ? Not that simple when the winger enters the offensive zone , carries in the puck, forced to the outside and immediately shoots the puck on net. How are the rest of the forwards supposed to setup in front ?

The forwards are to either hold on to the puck and stop those easy shots to setup some offensive zone pressure and have forwards penetrate to th front of the net or power themselves with the puck to the net.

Good example last night was the Sens-NYR game. Washington is playing very similar to how the Rangers play. Keeping shots on perimeters, form a box and block shots.
    The Sens last night got players to the front of the net and were on those pucks hanging around in front that were blocked. Hence my 2nd point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I'm not sure crashing the net will help much.  The Bruins' forwards seem to have an uncanny knack for facing the wrong way compared to where the puck lands on a rebound when they are close (as in it always seems to end up behind the player).

They had a decent number of good chances last night that they simply didn't convert one.  They make more of the opportunities they do get.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

Move Seguin to the top line, bump Pevs down with Bergie and Marchie. If it doesn't work for a couple of shifts, change it up. These guys play with each other - so Marchand, Krejci and Seguin, Lucic and Bergeron. Put Rolston at the point, has a wicked shot. Shoot harder. If they will block em - make them pay for it.

Don't wine. Don't cry. Don't lag. Win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Legion - I've noticed that, too. In attempts to "get pucks to the net" and "generate more offence", Boston has been dumping it on goal as soon as they cross the blue line. They really need to take it or dump it deep and try to sneak into open lanes.
    To their credit, they were trying to do this Game 2 at times, but only in small amounts then they got away from it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Legion - I've noticed that, too. In attempts to "get pucks to the net" and "generate more offence", Boston has been dumping it on goal as soon as they cross the blue line. They really need to take it or dump it deep and try to sneak into open lanes. To their credit, they were trying to do this Game 2 at times, but only in small amounts then they got away from it.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Drives me nuts because as soon as it's in it's goes back the other way.  No way they can create a forecheck or cycle.
    It's no wonder Lucic cannot get into the game at what he does best, both Krejci and Peverley have been the leaders with the dump on net.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Blocking shots eventually takes a toll on players.

Sections
Shortcuts