GANE 23 : CANES AT BRUINS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Re: GANE 23 : CANES AT BRUINS

5 pts in the last 3 stanley. Does that bring your prediction % to < 2% yet?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

Marchand looked like he was having a tough couple of shifts there... losing battles along the boards and not controlling the puck well

Marchy and Bergy are being dragged down by Eriksson; he doesn't belong on that line.

You'd better include Marchand in the "look in the mirror" conversation of that line.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Marchand looked like he was having a tough couple of shifts there... losing battles along the boards and not controlling the puck well

Marchy and Bergy are being dragged down by Eriksson; he doesn't belong on that line.

Keep saying that Spooner should replace Ericksson ....and Erickson moved to the 3rd line and Kelly to the 4th and Mr hotdogs eater OUT

Or you in front of your T.V set eating a little crow

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Nice prediction Stanley.

I knew that was coming!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

5 pts in the last 3 stanley. Does that bring your prediction % to < 2% yet?

Imagine this team with all the right players !    They would be UNBEATABLES

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Give Cam Ward some props for keeping his team in it and holding off the Bruins like he did.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

1st in the conference. Hard to argue that we dont have the right players. Every player is going to struggle from time to time. One player not struggling in Thornton, has played very well since the benching.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

1st in the conference. Hard to argue that we dont have the right players. Every player is going to struggle from time to time. One player not struggling in Thornton, has played very well since the benching.

i wonder if he reads this board...it could be a motivation ??

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to mxt's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

14-6-2. 1st in the East! End of Story!

That's beside the point. We've had a very easy schedule to date and if you wanna go further, we'd be in 9th place in the west. We should crush teams like this but rarely do.

SJ, Detroit, NYR, Pens, Lerfs, NYI, Ducks, TB to name a few are "easy?"

Easy was the wrong term. More like favorable with not many back to backs yet. And it you're gonna include the NYI's on that list, you lost me.

Just wondering what folks think of Chad Johnson's understandably limited play so far.

Easy was the wrong term. More like favorable with not many back to backs yet. And it you're gonna include the NYI's on that list, you lost me.

[/QUOTE]

They face whomever's on the schedule.  And yeah, the Isles are off to a lousy start but they're no pushover.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

You'd better include Marchand in the "look in the mirror" conversation of that line.

Agreed.   

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Just wondering what folks think of Chad Johnson's understandably limited play so far.

Has done what he was brought in to do. Get the odd win and have steady play after long rests. would make me a lot more nervous if Tuukka went down or if he even played some better teams than he has. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

When you settle for less you get less...this team could be 22-0 if all the right players would be playing , enough said and lets see if I will be right again = no win with the turtle in the line up

So by benching Thornton and bringing up a couple of your crushes from Providence you think the Bruins could have more than doubled the longest winning streak to start a season ever? Or that they could have shattered the all-time winning streak period? You're unbelievable somedays Stan, and not in a good way.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

I agree and after this amount of gamesIt's enough patience hes not a rookie.  I  expected him not to be a gs  but this is even worse. I must admit  wasn't a fan of his since start too boring a player

In response to red75's comment:

When you settle for less you get less...this team could be 22-0 if all the right players would be playing , enough said and lets see if I will be right again = no win with the turtle in the line up

So by benching Thornton and bringing up a couple of your crushes from Providence you think the Bruins could have more than doubled the longest winning streak to start a season ever? Or that they could have shattered the all-time winning streak period? You're unbelievable somedays Stan, and not in a good way.

Yup....no doubt in my mind 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Chara would have gotten his fat butte out of the way on the 1st goal and the Bs wouldn't have given up a breakaway with a man advantage, Johnson would have had a shutout.

Has done what he was brought in to do. Get the odd win and have steady play after long rests. would make me a lot more nervous if Tuukka went down or if he even played some better teams than he has. 

I've had that thought.

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

If Chara would have gotten his fat butte out of the way on the 1st goal and the Bs wouldn't have given up a breakaway with a man advantage, Johnson would have had a shutout.

That's freakishly tall butte, San.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

That's beside the point. We've had a very easy schedule to date and if you wanna go further, we'd be in 9th place in the west. We should crush teams like this but rarely do.

B's would be 3pts out of first in the west with 2 games in hand, not bad.

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

B's would be 3pts out of first in the west with 2 games in hand, not bad.

Just winning isn't enough for some, 50.  Wasn't so long ago the Bruins were 8-5.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Getting back to my original post, we don't finish lousy teams off when we have them down. Ward played well, which is what most NHL caliber goalies are supposed to. We need a nice 7-1 win somewere along the way. Against the Habs would be nice.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Agree mxt, not a great team yet

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

You can make that 15-6-2 now !!  I know some like to nit pick ( myself included ) but a win is a win ! The old saying goes they don't ask how, they ask how many !

Getting back to my original post, we don't finish lousy teams off when we have them down. Ward played well, which is what most NHL caliber goalies are supposed to. We need a nice 7-1 win somewere along the way. Against the Habs would be nice.

All day. Every day.  As I see it, mxt, 7-1, 1-0 or 3-2; just win.

• Sections
    Shortcuts