Gary Bettman Responds To NHLPA's Counter Proposal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Gary Bettman Responds To NHLPA's Counter Proposal

Gary Bettman says the two sides still have a wide gap between them & both sides view the world much different. Don't like the sounds of that. The 2 sides are not scheduled to meet until next Wednesday. Where do they go from here ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Gary Bettman Responds To NHLPA's Counter Proposal

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/08/15/grange_nhl_nhlpa_cba_talks_fehr_proposal/

"It’s a clever mechanism to maintain the status quo, and Fehr should be congratulated for thinking outside that ever-shrinking box. Unfortunately, the owners want that box to keep shrinking and they want to cut their No. 1 expense: player salaries.

Fehr’s proposal doesn’t do that in what the owners would define as a meaningful way and sets the stage for player costs staying much higher than the owners want for the foreseeable future. From where the owners are sitting, the deal the players are offering comes cloaked in the spirit of compromise but has some very sharp teeth"  

Best take I've read on this so far and as predicted by most the owners are willing to screw up a good thing. I'm going to go v0met now!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Thanks for the link San. Why would the 2 sides wait another week to meet again ? Isn't time of the essence ? Where is the sense of urgency ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Gary Bettman Responds To NHLPA's Counter Proposal:
    Thanks for the link San. Why would the 2 sides wait another week to meet again ? Isn't time of the essence ? Where is the sense of urgency ?
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

Yah you know when I try to act naive I get bit right in the dairy air. I shake my head n shrug my shoulders to all three questions. Disappointed is what I am!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It doesn't matter if they are meeting or not. There isn't any "work" to do. As soon as one side buckles, a deal can be signed in a few days. When the players get closer to missing paychecks and realising that the owners have more resolve, they will buckle. Then they will meet and sign a deal.

Posted by jpBsSoxFan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Real hard to be optimistic

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Owners being owners....players being players...both using the media...players will lose.  But only after the season is pretty much lost....thank god for the NFL.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Owners being owners....players being players...both using the media...players will lose.  But only after the season is pretty much lost....thank god for the NFL.
    Posted by shuperman

/\/\/\/\/\/\
      This you can guarantee, the owners are going for the things they scewed up on the last cba. They are "fine tuning",if you will.

Sections
Shortcuts