GDT 11/14 vs CBJ

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: GDT 11/14 vs CBJ

Well, we got 1 point... hope these guys have something left over for tomorrow.

NOB, we can discuss if this is Chara and Marchand's worst games of the year after...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think Eriksson will win this for Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Milan Lucic!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

The B's keep rolling! Way to go Looch!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Hmmm, I wonder why Bobrovsky stayed in his crease? Innocent

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

LUCCCCCCIC!!!! He loves that 5hole shot. He tries to over power goalies with it. It cerainly worked well there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

9 out of 10 points on the homestand.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because he didn't want to be hit by the Lucic train like Ryan Miller once was !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

And the streak continues...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Milan Lucic!

[/QUOTE]

YES -- When I saw how fast the puck was heading for Bobvrosky -- I thought for sure he would come out and beat Lucic to the puck. Kudos to Columbus for a tough game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think after the whole Miller thing not many goalies are going to challenge the Amtrak! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Eriksson will win this for Boston.

[/QUOTE]

Honestly, up to now, he's not showing speed, he's not a very good passer, and he doesn't shoot the puck. So, Loui will have to do better or he will look like a Chris Kelly on the second line and, it's not what we want !! He doesn't look like a guy that can score 30 goals...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

lets start the pool. how long until stanley goes crazy and starts 8 threads about how johnson will be the next roy. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:[QUOTE]

Milan Lucic! [/QUOTE]

YES -- When I saw how fast the puck was heading for Bobvrosky -- I thought for sure he would come out and beat Lucic to the puck. Kudos to Columbus for a tough game. [/QUOTE]

CBJ cut off all passing lanes and no shots in the slot  through the whole game until the last goal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Honestly, up to now, he's not showing speed, he's not a very good passer, and he doesn't shoot the puck. So, Loui will have to do better or he will look like a Chris Kelly on the second line and, it's not what we want !! He doesn't look like a guy that can score 30 goals...

[/QUOTE]

I think his problem is he has Marchand for a linemate... he couldn't handle the puck at all tonight. And with Chara having trouble on the back end, the whole team struggled to get in a rhythm.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think his problem is he has Marchand for a linemate... he couldn't handle the puck at all tonight. And with Chara having trouble on the back end, the whole team struggled to get in a rhythm.

[/QUOTE]

Well, it's a fact that the whole line is not clicking this season...hope they'll find a way...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]

Well, we got 1 point... hope these guys have something left over for tomorrow.

NOB, we can discuss if this is Chara and Marchand's worst games of the year after...

[/QUOTE]

Hate to admit it but Marchand continues to have a bad nights with the puck lately. I always give 33 the benefit of the doubt since he's always matched up with the opposing teams top lines.

Around the NHL tonight:

LA comes back with 3 straight goals in the 3rd to take the Islanders

Blues blowing out Avs going into the 3rd

Bolts playing inspired without their down Warrior

Shane Doan flys under the radar in the Phoenix market but solid as they come.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Somebody said Lucic isn't a fast skater, i think he'd have no problem on the Olympic sized ice. Those Finnish,Swedish,Latvian,Russian,American, defencemen wouldn't know what hit em'!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Lucic played solid 3 periods .  And he seems to be in better control of his emotions . I see him getting better as the season goes on.

I'd make him co-captain with Chara . His play is inspiring as of late. Just what this team needs

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

In response to skater68's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lucic played solid 3 periods .  And he seems to be in better control of his emotions . I see him getting better as the season goes on.

I'd make him co-captain with Chara . His play is inspiring as of late. Just what this team needs

[/QUOTE]

After the leadership he displayed in the "comeback" last year against Toronto, I thought he'd be wearing an "A" this season. We could give him Kelly's...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe we could try Soderberg on that left side with Bergy and Loui. Those three have looked good together on the second power play unit. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to ManBearPig99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As soon as I heard the puck hit the bar, I knew it had to be deflected. Shawn Thornton has never done anything resembling "snipe".

[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJTeyCJShVM  then what was this?

or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qieRRrtMu6s

[/QUOTE]

I'll give him the first one.

But including the second one as a "snipe" indicates that you either A) subconsciously agree with me and just threw it out there for the sake of argument, or B) don't know what a snipe is. It was a nice move, but let's get real here....a deke isn't a snipe.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManBearPig99. Show ManBearPig99's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ManBearPig99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As soon as I heard the puck hit the bar, I knew it had to be deflected. Shawn Thornton has never done anything resembling "snipe".

[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJTeyCJShVM  then what was this?

or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qieRRrtMu6s

[/QUOTE]

I'll give him the first one.

But including the second one as a "snipe" indicates that you either A) subconsciously agree with me and just threw it out there for the sake of argument, or B) don't know what a snipe is. It was a nice move, but let's get real here....a deke isn't a snipe.

[/QUOTE]

It was in jest, it is thornton and there's not an overabundance of highlights I could choose from to prove he is a "sniper".  Come on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Sorry for the late, late, late response to this thread...for some reason I can't post a comment with my laptop at home, but can from my work desktop...

I followed along last night on the GDT and tried to make a few observations but couldn't so I'll just mention that I think Soderberg may not be the sweet handed, creative forward that everyone was wishing to arrive over the last 3-4 years...his lacklustre attempt on his blueline-in breakway left me, um...wanting to see a little more. It was like night and day watching his breakaway and Lucic's breakaway OT goal when it came to composure and knowing what they're going to do when they get there. I thought Carl looked a little lost for creative ideas.

Anyway, that's it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry for the late, late, late response to this thread...for some reason I can't post a comment with my laptop at home, but can from my work desktop...

I followed along last night on the GDT and tried to make a few observations but couldn't so I'll just mention that I think Soderberg may not be the sweet handed, creative forward that everyone was wishing to arrive over the last 3-4 years...his lacklustre attempt on his blueline-in breakway left me, um...wanting to see a little more. It was like night and day watching his breakaway and Lucic's breakaway OT goal when it came to composure and knowing what they're going to do when they get there. I thought Carl looked a little lost for creative ideas.

Anyway, that's it.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree completely on your take on Carl. I think he made a simple, but an effective move on Bob, but the goalie got a great piece of the puck. Ask any goalie & a guy giving a high backhand is one of the hardest saves to make. You need to lower your body to get across. Soderberg may not have gotten the puck under the bar high, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that move he made. I love Carl's game. I never expected a savior. I expected a decent 3rd line player who doesn't mind getting his nose dirty. Takes the hit to make a play, buys into the system & puts up some points. A+ in my books. So far he's far better than Ryder & Peverly at least he's consistent. 

Sections
Shortcuts