GDT Boston at Colorado, 7:00 MT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Re: GDT Boston at Colorado, 7:00 MT

Great win!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Just a great game... pulling the goalie with 5 mins left was slick

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Playoffs clinched.

Is that a record for longest time played with an empty net?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

11 straight.  Playoffs clinched.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

First time with 11 straight since the '71 regular season powerhouse Bruins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

can't wait for tomorrow night...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seems like it's Chad tonight in nets,  weird .  That is if the trend of the 1st goalie off the ice holds and starts.  Out of the 2 teams (COL and PHX) they're playing I think the Avs are the stronger therefore why not the no1 goalie,  Rask ?

Also, why not play Chad against his old team, usually that's a motivation itself.

BDC goalies it's all yours.

[/QUOTE]

I think Rask's nap clause kicks in during the first game that's two time zones away.  He should be ready tomorrow night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

So much for me questioning the move by CJ not to play Rask. Chad was a monster out there tonight.

One other note -- Love the veteran move by Meszaros to knock the net off without taking a penalty. Sold it all the way. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

11 in a row boys!!!!!!!!!!!

Great times to be a Bruins fan!!!!!!

And please, no "are we peaking too soon" comments.

Enjoy it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MacKinnon is fun to watch.  Crazy fast acceleration.  Can go right around guys in a flash.  I know a bunch of you got used to this in junior, but he's doing it to NHL D-men now.

But I really think the B's should take it to the Avs D.  Benoit, Holden, Guenin, Barrie -- these guys aren't used to the Bruins game and should be in for a rough ride.

If the Bruins take their foot off the gas though, Colorado can score with anybody.  I don't think it will be anything like the 2-0 game it was last time.

[/QUOTE]

It was like a 2-0 game .......great win

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MacKinnon is fun to watch.  Crazy fast acceleration.  Can go right around guys in a flash.  I know a bunch of you got used to this in junior, but he's doing it to NHL D-men now.

But I really think the B's should take it to the Avs D.  Benoit, Holden, Guenin, Barrie -- these guys aren't used to the Bruins game and should be in for a rough ride.

If the Bruins take their foot off the gas though, Colorado can score with anybody.  I don't think it will be anything like the 2-0 game it was last time.

[/QUOTE]

It was like a 2-0 game .......great win

[/QUOTE]

Ha!  Hilarious.  I hearby predict that the Bruins won't win the Cup.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Mr Hulot - We missed Nigel Tufnel in the greatest guitarist debate.

Fletch - If I send you some numbers, would you please predict that they won't win the lottery tonight?

DrCC - 1970, Scabs pulled their goalie for about 9 minutes trying to score additional goals to win a goals scored tie-breaker with the Rangers in the last game of the season. Seems like the Rangers gave them the idea by pulling their goalie repeatedly in the 3rd of a 9-5 win over Detroit the day before, trying (and failing) to score even more for the same reason.  Far more intelligible in that case than in Roy's - I suppose the season is down to brass tacks and every win is precious for Colorado as they chase Chicago for second in the central, and Boston's a interconference opponent, so why not?  Hard to believe the Bruins couldn't tag one or two ENG in 5 min. though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pulling Varlamov with 4 minutes left?  Wow.

[/QUOTE]

I loved this move.

Wish it would happen more often when teams are down by a couple with basically nothing going on offensively.

They didn't score but at least Roy is giving his team a better chance to get back in the game rather then doing the " let's wait till the last minute" thing.

The energy in the building went up a notch or two after the goalie got pulled.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I could see doing it with the intent to put the goalie back if you get one, then pull him again at the 1 min mark or something, but even as I type that I'm thinking well, if you suddenly had teh momentum to get one, why take your foot off the gas?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mr Hulot - We missed Nigel Tufnel in the greatest guitarist debate.

Fletch - If I send you some numbers, would you please predict that they won't win the lottery tonight?

DrCC - 1970, Scabs pulled their goalie for about 9 minutes trying to score additional goals to win a goals scored tie-breaker with the Rangers in the last game of the season. Seems like the Rangers gave them the idea by pulling their goalie repeatedly in the 3rd of a 9-5 win over Detroit the day before, trying (and failing) to score even more for the same reason.  Far more intelligible in that case than in Roy's - I suppose the season is down to brass tacks and every win is precious for Colorado as they chase Chicago for second in the central, and Boston's a interconference opponent, so why not?  Hard to believe the Bruins couldn't tag one or two ENG in 5 min. though.

[/QUOTE]

You're right - however, this "greatest guitarist debate" started in high school in the mid70s, before Tufnel, St. Hubbins and Smalls became household names...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Johnson's best game of the year. And oh ya Soderberg, Soderberg, Soderberg....Very Good game.