GDT Boston at Colorado, 7:00 MT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

GDT Boston at Colorado, 7:00 MT

It's a beautiful day in Denver.  Spring weather.  The Sports headline of the Denver Post states:

"Avalanche get a bear of test against East power Boston Bruins"

It'll be a good matchup, should be lots of goals.  High powered offense and a shaky blueline here.  Avs fans are still grumbling about the treatment of their captain by Lucic in the last matchup, but I think Roy has been less interested in settling scores than everybody thought he would be.  And they need the points.  

Looks like a rare (these days) sell out here and lower bowl tickets are selling for double face value, so I expect a lot of black and gold in the seats.  I'll be in the corner, 3rd row, B's attack zone, making sure that our boys are all playing with sticks of the correct length.

If you think Shawn Thornton is useless just watch Patrick Bordeleau (try to) skate around the ice.  Stastny is a GTD.

BOSTON AT COLORADO
    7 p.m. Friday, ALT; 94.1 FM

Spotlight on Jarome Iginla: In his 17th NHL season, the likely first-ballot Hall of Famer scored the 556th goal of his career Tuesday, tying Boston legend Johnny "The Chief" Bucyk for 25th all time. He plays right wing on a line with center David Krejci and Milan Lucic, a trio that has combined for a super plus-minus rating of plus-92.

NOTEBOOK

Bruins: Defenseman Johnny Boychuk, who was drafted 61st overall by the Avalanche in 2002, has missed two games because of an injury but practiced Thursday in Denver and might play against his former team. Boychuk, 30, played only four games for the Avs in 2007-08. He was traded to Boston for forward Matt Hendricks on June 24, 2008. Boychuk helped the Bruins win the Stanley Cup in 2011. His average ice time this season is 21:10.

Avalanche: Semyon Varlamov is expected to start in goal. ... Rookie Nathan MacKinnon and enforcer Patrick Bordeleau are the only players to have participated in all 70 games for the Avs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: GDT Boston at Colorado, 7:00 MT

Ahh man thought you would be near the penalty box again. Throwing cracker jacks over the glass after a penalty. 

Maybe Rusty works for a hockey stick manufacuter. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think Colordao is on a losing streak, not sure how many but 2 at least.  They will be hungry.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Our hot streak is on the line tonight. They will be a good challenge, We will be running on thin air against these speedy Patrick Roy boys..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So what are the odds that Boston comes out of the weekend first overall?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:[QUOTE]

So what are the odds that Boston comes out of the weekend first overall? [/QUOTE]

Pittsburgh has Tampa and St. Louis so not much movement there for the Dirty Birds. The Blues have the Pens and the Flyin Flyers, I see a split. Washington in San Jose, don't have enough games this weekend to move.

I see a tie with the Blues for El Presidente.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Boychuk is game time decision and Looks like Johnson in net.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

You know things are going well when the backup gets the start and you can still have complete confidence in the goaltending.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Avs can score but can be soft on D.   The way the Bs are playing lately, it's favors the Bs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Top 5 Backup goalies  > 25 GP

Player        Team        GP          GS          W            L       OT          GAA           Sv%

Andersen   ANA          23           20         16           5        0            2.26         .924

Johnson     BOS         22           18         15            3        1          2.14         .921

GustavssonDET        24           23           15          4         3          2.55          .912

Kuemper   MIN         23           22           12           5         4         2.22         .923

Montoya    WPG        24           19           12           6         3          2.26         .921

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Watchout for the Aves.

They have never lost 3 in a row this year.

They beat us last time 2-0

They have a mega super star in the making Mackinnon.

Paul Stastny and Varamov return tonight.

6th best PP in the league.

What do you say, Lets make it #11 tonight.... GO Bruins

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

MacKinnon is fun to watch.  Crazy fast acceleration.  Can go right around guys in a flash.  I know a bunch of you got used to this in junior, but he's doing it to NHL D-men now.

But I really think the B's should take it to the Avs D.  Benoit, Holden, Guenin, Barrie -- these guys aren't used to the Bruins game and should be in for a rough ride.

If the Bruins take their foot off the gas though, Colorado can score with anybody.  I don't think it will be anything like the 2-0 game it was last time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Seems like it's Chad tonight in nets,  weird .  That is if the trend of the 1st goalie off the ice holds and starts.  Out of the 2 teams (COL and PHX) they're playing I think the Avs are the stronger therefore why not the no1 goalie,  Rask ?

Also, why not play Chad against his old team, usually that's a motivation itself.

BDC goalies it's all yours.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I think Colordao is on a losing streak, not sure how many but 2 at least.  They will be hungry.

Tonight will be a good gauge to see where they're at. They did drop two straight. Both on the road, 6-3 to the Habs and 5-4 in OT on Blake Wheeler's goal. Being at home vs the hot Bruins we can expect them to come out smokin.'

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MacKinnon is fun to watch.  Crazy fast acceleration.  Can go right around guys in a flash.  I know a bunch of you got used to this in junior, but he's doing it to NHL D-men now.

[/QUOTE]

Kid is going to be amazing... I bet it won't be long before we see his name being mentioned with the likes of Crosby, Stamkos and Kane.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Seems like it's Chad tonight in nets,  weird .  That is if the trend of the 1st goalie off the ice holds and starts.  Out of the 2 teams (COL and PHX) they're playing I think the Avs are the stronger therefore why not the no1 goalie,  Rask ?

Also, why not play Chad against his old team, usually that's a motivation itself.

BDC goalies it's all yours.

Even though shupe doesn't agree with it. I said CJ may go with a 60/40 split after the break  so far that's been the case. But this is how I predict the rest of the rotation unfolds barring a Team tailspin.

Starter

SAT MAR 22, 2014 BRUINS COYOTES 9:00 PM   RASK   

MON MAR 24, 2014 CANADIENS BRUINS 7:30 PM   Rask     

THU MAR 27, 2014 BLACKHAWKS BRUINS 7:00 PM   rask

SAT MAR 29, 2014 BRUINS CAPITALS 12:30 PM   johnson   

SUN MAR 30, 2014 BRUINS FLYERS 12:30 PM   Rask    

WED APR 2, 2014 BRUINS RED WINGS 8:00 PM  Johnson   

THU APR 3, 2014 BRUINS MAPLE LEAFS 7:30 PM   Rask   

SAT APR 5, 2014 FLYERS BRUINS 1:00 PM   Rask    

TUE APR 8, 2014 BRUINS WILD 8:00 PM  Johnson   

THU APR 10, 2014 BRUINS JETS 8:00 PM  Rask  

SAT APR 12, 2014 SABRES BRUINS 12:30 PM  Svedberg     

SUN APR 13, 2014 BRUINS DEVILS 3:00 PM   Johnson

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

At that point the Baby B's will be hopefully right in a final push for the playoffs (they sit 8th now) Why call-up Svedberg unless they absolutely have to?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At that point the Baby B's will be hopefully right in a final push for the playoffs (they sit 8th now) Why call-up Svedberg unless they absolutely have to?

[/QUOTE]

If the Baby B's are out & the B's have the Presidents Trophy locked up. There's a chance that Svedberg will get another start in the bigs. This also give Rask almost a full week off. If you're an NHL team & you have that luxury to rest your starter who's going to be playing the most hockey he's ever done in his career before a long play-off run. Why wouldn't you do it? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

At 99 points, the starting goalie is a non factor.  The defense is the focus now, the pairings are in competition.  The forwards particularly the third line is looking for PP time.  The President's trophy imo is not worthy of the pitfalls.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:[QUOTE] At that point the Baby B's will be hopefully right in a final push for the playoffs (they sit 8th now) Why call-up Svedberg unless they absolutely have to? [/QUOTE]S

Maybe PC will do a weekday start for Svedberg since it's pretty rare Providence plays during the week. Wonder if Gothberg will finish out all four years at UND ?

That looks about right for the rest of the schedule, Nite.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'm surprised to see Johnson, too. I would have thought Rask tonight, Johnson against the Yotes, Rask gets the Habs and hawks, then back to Johnson for the Caps. Odd. Oh well - doesn't matter!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Bad call

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Yes!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Great hands Hamilton, what a pass. Not many defenseman can thread a pass like that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Another great start... but not without a few turnovers too!

Sections
Shortcuts