GDT: Bruins At Peguins, Game 1, ECF 6/1/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: GDT: Bruins At Peguins, Game 1, ECF 6/1/13

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I didn't go thru all the threads, so if I'm repeating something I apologize. Imho I don't think Cooke will get a suspension. I think the 5 & a game will be sufficent. The thing that bugs me is how McQuaid looked right at Cooke before he played the puck & skated straight towards the boards. Should Cooke hit him with teh #'s exposed? No, but Adam needs to take some responsibility here. I understand he wants to protect the puck to make a safe play, but he didn't put himself in a safe position. This is where I liked Burke's idea of allowing a 2 second bear hug. This way it gives the checking player an out if the checkee decides to turn his back to him.

I hate this arguement. Placing any kind of blame on the defenceman in the way he's going back to get the puck is silly in my opinion.

You see numbers.........you don't nail a guy from behind. Cooke had plenty of time to let up whether McQuaid turned or not. 

In some instances players try to draw penalties by turning at the last second. This was not a last second turn.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to stinkman's comment:

Chow, Tuukka is in a zone I think he could be great this series not spinning shutouts but playing solid. It's funny to Sid the kid trying to get in Rask's head.

Late in the game I was hoping Rask wouldn't give a late one up. Don't let the Pens take anything positive away from that game . The longer the Bruins go without giving up a goal to the Pens, the more they'll be questioning whether this guy is beatable.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, the pens are not use to this physical style of play. Now it's only one game this series is far from over. Chow I went online to the Pittsburgh Gazzette and Iginla is saying we hit 4 posts another night them goals go in. There saying media wise Rask was lucky hey u gotta be lucky to be good at times. Let the  pens talk because its on the ice not through the media.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Agree, the pens are not use to this physical style of play. Now it's only one game this series is far from over. Chow I went online to the Pittsburgh Gazzette and Iginla is saying we hit 4 posts another night them goals go in. There saying media wise Rask was lucky hey u gotta be lucky to be good at times. Let the  pens talk because its on the ice not through the media.

[/QUOTE]

The posts were most definetly Tuukka's friends last night. 

But hey, that's hockey.

Hitting the twine counts as a goal . Not pipe. 

As long as Iginla and the Pen's are counting posts and not goals we'll all be happy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hee hee yah Julien has to hate this past pace LoL

JWensink will be along shortly to agree with you.

Hater's hate.

How Chowda of you! Wait a day to comeback to ridicule, spell check like a chick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The posts were most definetly Tuukka's friends last night. 

But hey, that's hockey.

Hitting the twine counts as a goal . Not pipe. 

As long as Iginla and the Pen's are counting posts and not goals we'll all be happy.

[/QUOTE]

Chowda, we know there would be no sympathy for the Bruins had they been the ones to hit the posts and come out on the short end - nor should there be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:

Andrew Ference 17:27 of solid play. I wanted bartkowski to play I was wrong I can admit it!

Yeah, I was all for the hometown kid getting his chance... but Ference was super solid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Sidney Crosby complaining about refs after the game big time. I think Nesn reported it on his twitter. Dale Arnold read it off on his iPad.

Sadly, this tactic is common and somewhat effective. Game 2 will be more fun.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

How Chowda of you! Wait a day to comeback to ridicule, spell check like a chick.

Do your comments need instant feedback ? Let me know. I'll stay by the computer 24/7. 

Whether the Bruins win or lose your thought process never changes. How Sandog of you !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Holy crap. Is CliffordWasHere actually BassFishing 1 and 2 and RidingWithTheKing 1 and 2?

Unreal.

I'm wishing CliffordWasn'tHere. 

This thread is cut off a lot on my end with all the dinks on the ignore list. I counted 12 so far. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I didn't go thru all the threads, so if I'm repeating something I apologize. Imho I don't think Cooke will get a suspension. I think the 5 & a game will be sufficent. The thing that bugs me is how McQuaid looked right at Cooke before he played the puck & skated straight towards the boards. Should Cooke hit him with teh #'s exposed? No, but Adam needs to take some responsibility here. I understand he wants to protect the puck to make a safe play, but he didn't put himself in a safe position. This is where I liked Burke's idea of allowing a 2 second bear hug. This way it gives the checking player an out if the checkee decides to turn his back to him.

I hate this arguement. Placing any kind of blame on the defenceman in the way he's going back to get the puck is silly in my opinion.

You see numbers.........you don't nail a guy from behind. Cooke had plenty of time to let up whether McQuaid turned or not. 

In some instances players try to draw penalties by turning at the last second. This was not a last second turn.

Ya know what Chowda? I looked at this a few more times after reading your comment and you & NAS are right. I thought McQ turned quicker it was a blantant hit from behind & I hope he gets a game. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Ya know what Chowda? I looked at this a few more times after reading your comment and you & NAS are right. I thought McQ turned quicker it was a blantant hit from behind & I hope he gets a game. 

[/QUOTE]

Whew !

I'm relieved we can agree. I thought that I could've had a few F-bombs headed my way.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Whew !

I'm relieved we can agree. I thought that I could've had a few F-bombs headed my way.

[/QUOTE]

Nope, I promised YOU I wouldn't do it as much & I haven't. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I totally agree here .  How is he supposed to get the puck ? Skate backwards so he can face Cooke ?   McQuaid didn't turn his back , his back was turned the whole time .  Good call by the officials 5min major.

I couldn't watch the game last night , major thurnderstorm in my area and lost power in the 1st period. Had to listen to the game on 98.5 Boston on my cell.

What about Marchand's hit ? Bylsma was lobbying the refs for a 5min major also .   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Whew !

Nope, I promised YOU I wouldn't do it as much & I haven't. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I totally agree here .  How is he supposed to get the puck ? Skate backwards so he can face Cooke ?   McQuaid didn't turn his back , his back was turned the whole time .  Good call by the officials 5min major.

I couldn't watch the game last night , major thurnderstorm in my area and lost power in the 1st period. Had to listen to the game on 98.5 Boston on my cell.

What about Marchand's hit ? Bylsma was lobbying the refs for a 5min major also .   

Sarcastically I thought of posting this. Thanks for doing it for me.

As far as Bylsma lobbying for a major................"working the refs 101".

P.S.      Playoffs + power going out = Why now ? My question is why weren't you in Boston at the Bruin$ game ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Sarcastically I thought of posting this. Thanks for doing it for me.

As far as Bylsma lobbying for a major................"working the refs 101".

P.S.      Playoffs + power going out = Why now ? My question is why weren't you in Boston at the Bruin$ game ?

You got it , too much $$$.  The Rangers elimination game was my last game this season, just like it was in 2011 when the Bruins eliminaed the Flyers. Both in round2 .  Next trip, Stanley Cup parade in Boston, just like 2011.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

This thread is cut off a lot on my end with all the dinks on the ignore list. I counted 12 so far. 

I only have Stanley and null on ignore.  Those two add absolutely nothing to the conversation.  By the way, I went to your hometown yesterday.  The tallships were in town.  We froze our arses off, so we didn't do as much sightseeing as we were planning to.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

Hughson going to commercial break:

" The Bruins lead it 1-0 on a goal that deflected of the foot of Pual Martin"

...as if we don't deserve it or something. Putz.

LOL...  he will never , NEVER , give credit to the Bruins. He had to add that in, it's the 2011 SCF again and the Canucks have become the Penguins. It's so obvious he loathes the Bruins for beating up and winning the cup from his little Canucks.  

and now no excuses CBC is Canadian and he'll show bias for a Canadian team.

He also said the Bruins are the best in faceoffs because they're the best bat cheating.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

Milbury and Jones saying it should be 5-1 Pittsburgh, and I can't disagree. Rask saved the B's bacon a bit there. Chara needs to wake up a bit.

Get him and Jagr off the 1st PP unit, too. Krug and Boychuk at the point.

but it wasn't !  what a useless statement by thoe 2 dorks.  Rask wears a Bruins jersey and is on the team, the Bruins team that was leading and WON ! 

All this " it should " and " ifs " arguements are so stupid !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Davinator's comment:

He also said the Bruins are the best in faceoffs because they're the best bat cheating.

well they better learn fast because they were worse than the Leafs on draws. 32-16 B's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hughson going to commercial break:

" The Bruins lead it 1-0 on a goal that deflected of the foot of Pual Martin"

...as if we don't deserve it or something. Putz.

LOL...  he will never , NEVER , give credit to the Bruins. He had to add that in, it's the 2011 SCF again and the Canucks have become the Penguins. It's so obvious he loathes the Bruins for beating up and winning the cup from his little Canucks. 

I understand this part of catering to the Canadian hockey fanbase. It's too bad he takes it as far as claiming the Bruins cheat because the man is awesome at calling neutral games like when does play by play for the World Juniors.

Let them keep hating...

@RealJackEdwards

"Somebody get Pierre an anti-depressant."

BOOM!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Without getting into the less savory aspects of last night's game, here's what stood out to me: the total lack of mental toughness displayed by the Pittsburgh Penguins.

At the end of 40 minutes, the Pens were down a single goal. It can be easily argued that they were the better team throughout much of those 40 minutes, and that they were down due to 2 factors: 1) Tuukka Rask's excellent play and 2) "the bounces" not going in their favour. A team with all of that offensive talent who was playing an overall quality game should have felt that the contest was extremely winnable, even though they were down a goal at the end of the period.

Instead, they lost their composure, beginning with the guy who is supposed to lead them and wears the C on his sweater. And with that, the game was for all intents and purposes finished.

I wasn't impressed by the Bruins mental toughness this season. Up until their amazing turnaround against Toronto in Game 7, I didn't think they had much (and I know I wasn't alone in that regard--how could I be given what they'd shown to that point). But they're playing with it now, and the Pens aren't. Were I a Pens fan, I'd be worried...not that the team lost Game 1, as they can recover from that. I'd be worried that a one-goal deficit in the first game of the season caused such a mental collapse. If PIT doesn't have more character than that (and I'm talking about mental character, not moral character a la Matt Cooke), there is no way they can win this series.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Very well said Kennedy.

Sections
Shortcuts