GDT: Bruins At Peguins, Game 1, ECF 6/1/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heebiehoo. Show heebiehoo's posts

Re: GDT: Bruins At Peguins, Game 1, ECF 6/1/13

it has been a long week!  3 hours to go woohoo. here Are my random stabs in the dark...the rook keeps up the mojo, Krug nets another, as does Seguin and we will throw 2 in for Kreijci! 4-2 B's!   Lets go Bruins!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'm going to say the B's in 6, but IF they lay off the pedal physically & take too many penalties it'll kill the B's chances. Also the Bruins really are going to need Peverly & Kelly in this series more than ever. I'm predicting that McQuaid pummels Cooke at some point in this series. I'm predicting that Lucic throttles Neal with a hit & he'll be MIA after that. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I'm going to say the B's in 6, but IF they lay off the pedal physically & take too many penalties it'll kill the B's chances. Also the Bruins really are going to need Peverly & Kelly in this series more than ever. I'm predicting that McQuaid pummels Cooke at some point in this series. I'm predicting that Lucic throttles Neal with a hit & he'll be MIA after that. 

nite, to your point on Lucic's hitting, here's something from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.  Brooks Orpik comments on when Lucic tries to use finesse instead of his usual bull moose style.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/penguins/penguins-notebook-dont-disturb-bruins-lucic-689381/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"I just want to tell you both, Good Luck...we're all counting on you"

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

as if on queue

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Beer run complete, pulled pork in the cooker - just under five hours to kill....

Bring it on!

Pizza to eat pool side all day 95 temp.all day getting ready two hours to go

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

GO BRUINS !!!! Is all I can say right to the point. We broke everthing down , said all that's needs to be said. We know what the pens have they know what we have its time to play. The waiting and talking is just about over. Go B's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Ready to go.  My wife is taking the kids to bed early tonight so I actually don't mind the 8:00 puck drop.  I am freaking stoked.  Everybody enjoy yourself.  I will be doing so beverage free tonight, so everyone have an extra for me okay. ;)

BTW.  I expect an Epic series.  If the Bruins win, and I always believe they will, it will be a series we tell our Grandchildren about.  I have the Bruins in 7. 

Three keys

Rask.  So far I don't know if this guy is real good or elite.  If we win this series I imagine he will have proven he is elite.  I think it is possible, but this is my biggest question mark.

Team Defense.  Obviously Chara and Bergeron will need to step up per norm.  However, there supporting casts will be different.  Those guys who are called upon against the top two lines will be extremely important.

Checking/Scoring role for the Krejci line.  These guys will be need to be hitting everything in sight, but I think the offense rests on there shoulders as well.  I bet we get two goals from this line in three wins if we do take the series.  I think both are key, if we get scoring and finesse we lose.  If Looch and Horton put guys through the boards every night, but come up empty, we lose.  I believe in this line.  I think they will shine.  Of these three issues it is the one I have the most confidence in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

GO BRUINS !!!! Is all I can say right to the point. We broke everthing down , said all that's needs to be said. We know what the pens have they know what we have its time to play. The waiting and talking is just about over. Go B's.

Yes sir.  We really can't discuss anything else about it.  It's time to see it all unfold.  I'm watching Kings/Hawks as the opening act.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to stinkman's comment:

Yes sir.  We really can't discuss anything else about it.  It's time to see it all unfold.  I'm watching Kings/Hawks as the opening act.

Me to but I am getting game ready lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

With Pierre McGuires question to Patrice just now its nice that Bergeron says "its about the 5 guys on the ice at the time" but he knows if he can do what he did to the Sedins in 11' his game can change the series. Down play it all you want but it is why the question is asked.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

Currently spinning AC/DC's Back in Black on heavy pressed vinyl.

Gotta love «Shoot to thrill» !!! :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I just couldn't get into the Kings-Hawks game.  The anticipation for this one has been off the charts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I just listened to Healy yammer on for 5 minutes about why the Pens are unbeatable. His anti-Bruins agenda is getting funnier and funnier.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I just listened to Healy yammer on for 5 minutes about why the Pens are unbeatable. His anti-Bruins agenda is getting funnier and funnier.

OMG I KNOW! Looks like a muted series! This guy is a total joke! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

dez, he was on THE FAN 590 earlier this week.  When the topic turned to the Leafs he used the word "we" when describing the optimism Toronto fans felt surrounding the team's future. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and after his 5mins the others went on for another 10mins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I can't wait. 

BRUINS IN FOUR!

That would be great!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@TheBruinsBlog

"Bartkowski/Boychuk first rush, Ference/Boychuk 2nd rush"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

With Pierre McGuires question to Patrice just now its nice that Bergeron says "its about the 5 guys on the ice at the time" but he knows if he can do what he did to the Sedins in 11' his game can change the series. Down play it all you want but it is why the question is asked.

McGuire is awful. Note the difference between how Micheletti or Engblom handle that role vs how McGuire does.  McGuire will not shut his yap for more than 3 seconds.

I don't care about the announcer and don't care what you think of McGuire. I was addressing the question itself birdbrain.