GDT Bruins vs Penguins 4-20-2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

GDT Bruins vs Penguins 4-20-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: GDT Bruins vs Penguins 4-20-2013

Looking fwd to this.  A full day of hockey is just what i need.   The reaction at the game should be amazing again.  

Im hoping we get to rest some of the big time minute eaters down the stretch.  Let Redden play every game.  Rest one dman a night.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think a lot of people were expecting Redden to have the speed of Julien and the decision making of Hunwick.  I don't think there could be one criticism of his play a couple of nights ago.  The trade was pure robbery.  I agree, Shupe.  I hope he does play the rest of the season, the playoffs and is re-signed for next year.

I just wish he hadn't picked #6!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I think a lot of people were expecting Redden to have the speed of Julien and the decision making of Hunwick.  I don't think there could be one criticism of his play a couple of nights ago.  The trade was pure robbery.  I agree, Shupe.  I hope he does play the rest of the season, the playoffs and is re-signed for next year.

Redden is a smart player.  Never out of position.  Great hockey iq, always known for his outlet passing and can play both pp and pk.   His legs are older but i think he will be very useful down the stretch and into the playoffs.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

There is nothing more the players can do, than to play the game! No lemmings? No problem! Go bash some penguins!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Any idea of game day lineup?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Redden for sure looked good, Im looking forward to a good game.

Check out the standings and the possibilites of matchups, this is wild how every game till the end can change that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Let's see if we can stay positive for this one game.  Just this one game.  Here are some examples of the countless negative posts from the last game.  If you agree that these feelings and ideas apply to this game, there will be no need to repeat them.  (Taken from random members, no one is specifically targeted.  If your posts seem to appear a lot more than others, well, that's just how damn negative you are.)  Keep in mind, these are the posts during and after a shootout loss!

Couldnt agree more this is pathetic

Milbury is dead on, the Bruins have played like they are made out of glass....jeeezuz hit somebody.

Lucic is playing why?

wow, these refs stink

Good god can they figure out the power play for once

I think it is time for Campbell to go back to the 4rth line.....

Okay enough is enough!  Did the Bruins think Sabres would come in and play nice ? Come on, time get mad here and hit back.

Bruin's getting knocked around like rag dolls

Something still off with this team and everybody's back.

NBC is freakin horrible

doesn't show on the scoreboard (thank goodness) but Boston is losing this second period badly (bolded because it's everything that is wrong with B's fans.)

clearly the refs aren't interested in calling anything the Bruins way.

So, what happened to the Bruins' PK?  It's been comparatively ineffective lately.

no hitting is a good indicator, but tonight it was the whole team.  

Not a good sign going into playoffs.  

No snarl, no growl, no nothing, but great goaltending.  Another dud of a game by Lucic! Not one hit.....AGAIN!   Wow! pathedic attempts, well deserved loss again.  

---

So, to recap:  They stink, they play with no emotion, they don't hit, they don't fight, they can't hold a lead and they lose periods without having it show up on the scoreboard.   That should cover all of the negative posts for the game.  Now, onto positive things!        

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Chirp .... Chirp ...

Sounds of crickets after the last post

Sorry NAS, you're absolutley right. Way too much negativity from fans who have been through alot in less than 1 week. Here's to the B's coming out strong and sound against the Pens. Get some scoring chances and bury a few. If not, then at least limit the number of opportunites the Pens have and build some momentum throughout the game to finish with a victory

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Buffalo was a emotional game for the team and the community. This is an important game for the B's to respond to a very talented pens club. A measuring stick, if you will. I have a feeling they will.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Let's gp Bruins. Claude has enough capability, let's see how he deploys them

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Agree Redden played a good game... not ready to put him in a regular spot over Quaider or Bart yet after just 1 game. They bring different things but from listening to complaints on these boards, it sounds like McQuaid's physical play is missed the most on this team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

BRUINS 5. Pens 3 that will be the final score ....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

4-2 bruins with empty net goal.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

'Not-A-Shot'

I think you left out;

'Fire all coaches!'

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I am expecting a Bruins win and nothing less. GO BRUINS!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Let's see if we can stay positive for this one game.  Just this one game.  Here are some examples of the countless negative posts from the last game.  If you agree that these feelings and ideas apply to this game, there will be no need to repeat them.  (Taken from random members, no one is specifically targeted.  If your posts seem to appear a lot more than others, well, that's just how damn negative you are.)  Keep in mind, these are the posts during and after a shootout loss!

Couldnt agree more this is pathetic

Milbury is dead on, the Bruins have played like they are made out of glass....jeeezuz hit somebody.

Lucic is playing why?

wow, these refs stink

Good god can they figure out the power play for once

I think it is time for Campbell to go back to the 4rth line.....

Okay enough is enough!  Did the Bruins think Sabres would come in and play nice ? Come on, time get mad here and hit back.

Bruin's getting knocked around like rag dolls

Something still off with this team and everybody's back.

NBC is freakin horrible

doesn't show on the scoreboard (thank goodness) but Boston is losing this second period badly (bolded because it's everything that is wrong with B's fans.)

clearly the refs aren't interested in calling anything the Bruins way.

So, what happened to the Bruins' PK?  It's been comparatively ineffective lately.

no hitting is a good indicator, but tonight it was the whole team.  

Not a good sign going into playoffs.  

No snarl, no growl, no nothing, but great goaltending.  Another dud of a game by Lucic! Not one hit.....AGAIN!   Wow! pathedic attempts, well deserved loss again.  

---

So, to recap:  They stink, they play with no emotion, they don't hit, they don't fight, they can't hold a lead and they lose periods without having it show up on the scoreboard.   That should cover all of the negative posts for the game.  Now, onto positive things!        

You have to let it go NAS, b4 it takes complete hold of you, just let it go.

Long may your big jib draw!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

If the BRUINS do not play with emotions today ...its all Over

anyone has heard or seen Soderberg practicing ???

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Some game info, courtesy of NHL.com:

Last 10: Pittsburgh 8-2-0, Boston 5-4-1

Season series: This will be the third and final meeting between the two clubs. The Pittsburgh Penguins are looking to complete a season sweep of the Boston Bruins after winning the first two games, each by one goal.

Big story: The Penguins can clinch the top seed in the Eastern Conference by beating the Bruins, who have had an emotion-filled week after the Boston Marathon tragedy and the subsequent manhunt that closed down the city for most of Friday, necessitating the postponement of the game to Saturday afternoon.

Team Scope:

Penguins:
    After opening the month with two losses, ending their 15-game win streak, Pittsburgh has won five straight. It seems that the Penguins won the trade deadline lottery with its acquisitions of Brenden Morrow, Jarome Iginla, Jussi Jokinen and Douglas Murray. All four players have not only meshed well with the Penguins' style of play but all have immediately contributed.

Pittsburgh is coming off a 6-4 win over Montreal on Wednesday in which the new faces accounted for six points and some extra grit. Brenden Morrow picked up three of those points (two goals, one assist) and the Gordie Howe hat trick after dropping the gloves with P.K Subban.

"You know when you work hard, good things usually happen." Morrow said of his game. "We're all working hard and we're creating some bounces for ourselves."

The combination of skill and physicality that Pittsburgh brings to the table is necessary in order to beat the Bruins.

Bruins: Even before their city was shut down Friday, necessitating the postponement, the Bruins were already coming off an emotional night at TD Garden on Wednesday. They lost 3-2 to the Buffalo Sabres in a shootout -- but the on-ice action took a back seat to 17,565 people singing the National Anthem and Boston's finest being honored for their bravery at the Boston Marathon.

The positive energy and will of all Bostonians is expected back in full force and the Bruins plan to use it to their advantage.

"That's something that we've talked about, that we need to build on and to carry on the next couple games," center Patrice Bergeron said following practice at Ristuccia Arena on Thursday morning.

Who's hot: Morrow has put up eight points in his past five games for the Penguins.

Injury report: Penguins captain Sidney Crosby (broken jaw) will continue to sit alongside teammates James Neal (concussion) and Paul Martin (hand surgery). Evgeni Malkin is day to day with an upper-body injury but made the trip.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I think it's a great tribute to Ted Green

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Redden is a former star D who ran into a few troubles.  He was the better D over Chara until last lockout year. Z improved and Redden couldn't carry the reigns on his own and his downward spiral started as Z's rose in Boston.

Redden is 3 months younger than Z, and his shape seems to be pretty decent, I could see him playing a couple more years at 1m, I would hope the B's would carry him.

He also is a great gemini, I believe the only NHL'er with my birthday since Marc Tardif

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Gold: Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin, White: Paille-Krejci-Horton, Grey: Soderberg-Kelly-Jagr, Merlot: Peverley-Campbell-Thornton.

Lucic, Daugavins and Pandolfo practicing in green ^CS"

Those were the lines from two days ago. Nothing on twitter about whether Redden will play or not.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I dont agree sitting Lucic by the way.  Anytime ST is in the lineup over a hockey player it drives me nuts.  

I hate the way he is playing but he needs to be on the ice.  How does one of the most feared players in the league get a press box seat against a potential eastern conference final team.  

Hopefully the scratch at home will tick him off.  My fear is it will send him to the all you can eat buffet.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Redden is a former star D who ran into a few troubles.  He was the better D over Chara until last lockout year. Z improved and Redden couldn't carry the reigns on his own and his downward spiral started as Z's rose in Boston.

Redden is 3 months younger than Z, and his shape seems to be pretty decent, I could see him playing a couple more years at 1m, I would hope the B's would carry him.

He also is a great gemini, I believe the only NHL'er with my birthday since Marc Tardif

Yep, he gets a bad rap due mostly to over-expectations (Sens picking him to stay over Chara), personal demons, and a ridiculous contract. The guy is a decent top 6 d man on any team.

Solid pickup by PC who will pay dividends down the stretch on a team in dire need of some skill on the backend.