GDT Bruins vs Penguins 4-20-2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: GDT Bruins vs Penguins 4-20-2013

Puck drop: 12:30 p.m.

TV/radio info: NESNplus (Jack Edwards, Andy Brickley, Naoko Funayama),98.5 The Sports Hub (Dave Goucher, Bob Beers)

Records: Penguins 33-10-0, Bruins 26-11-5

Projected Bruins lineup:

Daniel Paille-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
    Carl Soderberg-Chris Kelly-Jaromir Jagr
    Gregory Campbell-Rich Peverley-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
    Wade Redden-Dennis Seidenberg
    Andrew Ference-Dougie Hamilton

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin

Healthy scratches: Aaron Johnson, Adam McQuaid, Matt Bartkowski, Kaspars Daugavins, Milan Lucic, Jay Pandolfo

Storylines: Carl Soderberg is expected to make his Bruins debut. Soderberg had his first practice with the Bruins on Thursday. Soderberg arrived in Boston on Tuesday. Soderberg will wear No. 34… Milan Lucic should be a healthy scratch. Lucic played on the fourth line against Buffalo on Wednesday. With Soderberg’s addition, the Bruins have four left wings playing better than Lucic

Both teams will auction off their jerseys from today’s game. Benefits will go to the One Fund Boston… This will be the Bruins' first look at Jarome Iginla as a Penguin. The Bruins had traded for Iginla, but the deal fell apart and the Calgary captain opted for Pittsburgh... The Bruins have had three games postponed this season: two related to the Marathon attacks, and one because of a snowstorm in February. The Bruins will play again Sunday afternoon against Florida… Tomas Vokoun will start in goal for the Penguins… Tom Kowal and Wes McCauley will be the referees. Steve Barton and Scott Cherrey will be the linesm"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The cycloptic yeti finally makes his debut.

I am very excited for puck drop!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I am as well.  Lucic should be on the dk horton line.  Paille with campy peverly line.  Thats my only beef.  Looking fwd to watch redden again.  Ive been a fan of his and really glad hes here.  I wanted him as soon as he was cut loose by the nyr.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Yea, I don't think Lucic should sit either. Not this game, anyway. It has everything that a 'big game player' needs. If Lucic is to be the 'big game player' everyone wants him to be, he needs this chance - one more chance! - to play his way out of this and seize the reins of his game in a big Boston game.

I worry that sitting him - especially in this very public way - and leaving him out of this 'celebration', this pivotal moment in Bruins - and Boston - history will not have the desired effect. It will be alienating to a fault.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm very interested to see how Lucic responds to being benched today. I thought with the game being cancelled yesterday, he might be int he line up today, knowing he was going to be benched may have been the wake up call he needs. Shame it's come to this, but Lucic has benched hmself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Anybody in NB know what channel the game is on?  I've got Bell cable and can't find it. Nhl Gamecenter is telling me I'm blacked out because I can get it on TV. Help!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I am as well.  Lucic should be on the dk horton line.  Paille with campy peverly line.  Thats my only beef.  Looking fwd to watch redden again.  Ive been a fan of his and really glad hes here.  I wanted him as soon as he was cut loose by the nyr.  

I think so too Shupe and i really believe that is how the playoff lineup will look. I think the Lucic benching has more to do with showing him and his teammates that Fat is not above reproach.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

I think he may be in the line-up. Just a hunch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Sit Peverley

Lucic - Campbell - Thornton

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Puck drop: 12:30 p.m.

TV/radio info: NESNplus (Jack Edwards, Andy Brickley, Naoko Funayama),98.5 The Sports Hub (Dave Goucher, Bob Beers)

Records: Penguins 33-10-0, Bruins 26-11-5

Projected Bruins lineup:

Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
    Wade Redden-Dennis Seidenberg
    Andrew Ference-Dougie Hamilton

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin

Healthy scratches: Aaron Johnson, Adam McQuaid, Matt Bartkowski, Kaspars Daugavins, Milan Lucic, Jay Pandolfo

Storylines: Carl Soderberg is expected to make his Bruins debut. Soderberg had his first practice with the Bruins on Thursday. Soderberg arrived in Boston on Tuesday. Soderberg will wear No. 34… Milan Lucic should be a healthy scratch. Lucic played on the fourth line against Buffalo on Wednesday. With Soderberg’s addition, the Bruins have four left wings playing better than Lucic

Both teams will auction off their jerseys from today’s game. Benefits will go to the One Fund Boston… This will be the Bruins' first look at Jarome Iginla as a Penguin. The Bruins had traded for Iginla, but the deal fell apart and the Calgary captain opted for Pittsburgh... The Bruins have had three games postponed this season: two related to the Marathon attacks, and one because of a snowstorm in February. The Bruins will play again Sunday afternoon against Florida… Tomas Vokoun will start in goal for the Penguins… Tom Kowal and Wes McCauley will be the referees. Steve Barton and Scott Cherrey will be the linesm"

THANKS SANDOG...WHERE DID YOU THOSE INFOS ???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Looking forward to see Soderberg scores a hat trick at his 1st NHL Game ...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

I think he may be in the line-up. Just a hunch

Thats what I think, perhaps skating on the extra line in practice, and a couple of days to mull it over is enough motivation. Pretty big game today, this weeks events aside, be nice to get the highest seed possible.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

Yea, I don't think Lucic should sit either. Not this game, anyway. It has everything that a 'big game player' needs. If Lucic is to be the 'big game player' everyone wants him to be, he needs this chance - one more chance! - to play his way out of this and seize the reins of his game in a big Boston game.

I worry that sitting him - especially in this very public way - and leaving him out of this 'celebration', this pivotal moment in Bruins - and Boston - history will not have the desired effect. It will be alienating to a fault.

Yeah i don't think him sitting out is going to wake him up,i would put him back on his normal line,and hope they get it going again,because if they don't have that line going for playoffs they  aint going anywhere.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

For once I dragged my butt out of bed in time for puck drop for 9:30 Saturday game. Didn't want to miss a minute of this one. Looking forward to it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Poor Campbell.  Goes from the Penthouse to the Outhouse.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Who's carrying the game today?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Everyone cries that CJ doesn't hold his players accountable.  Now he wants to bench Lucic, and the criers are crying because he's holding his players accountable!  Love this place!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Everyone cries that CJ doesn't hold his players accountable.  Now he wants to bench Lucic, and the criers are crying because he's holding his players accountable!  Love this place!

Oh yeah, CJ can't win, its just the way it is around here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/182070/1/watch-pittsburgh-penguins-vs-boston-bruins.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Thanks i was hoping tsn.  maybe on one of the center ice package channels

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I actually don't mind sitting Lucic out for a game. Give him some rest and fresh perspective.

Besides CJ was going to sit him the next game regardless of when it was and who it was against. You know him, once he sets his mind to something......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to mattbs's comment:

Who's carrying the game today?

NESNPlus

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Im not crying.  If it works great.  Hes a major part of this team.  what has ST done to stay in the lineup.  I get lucic has to offer more.  But ST doesnt hit.  He curls away.  Im sick of watching him. This is a big game so maybe a good scratching will help him.   He played well the last afternoon game against washington.  I said its bc he was mad he missed lunch.  

Man these pregames choke me up.  Game time.   This song gives me goosebumps.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ahh, the sweet, sweet crooning of one Rene Rancourt and 17,565 of his closest friends!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

4rth line starts the game....interesting.