GDT Bruins vs Penguins 4-20-2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: GDT Bruins vs Penguins 4-20-2013

In response to Beezfan4life's comment:

Lets face it people , in a game like this , and The penguins beat the Bruins without their 3 top guys.....

True Beezfan but Vochun also had something to say about the outcome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Cooke will NEVER change

That wasn't a dirty play.  It was unconventional, but not against the rules.

Neither was the Savard hit at the time.

The elbow to the head of Savard wasn't against the rules at the time, but it certainly was dirty.  This check was a hip check well within the three-one-thousand count.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Pretty decent effort overall with another lousy result.  Marchand absolutely cannot take that stupid penalty, it cost them the game.  Hopefully they can get their offense going tomorrow to get some confidence for the final week.  I think the 4 seed may be their best spot. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

stan, no question we've seen sub-par from the Bruins this year.  Don't you think today's play was superior to their recent form?  I think it was. 

Exactly....good physical game, solid d work with fewer giveaways and a much better transition game, Yeti was decent.

There are plenty of positives here. just need to cut down on stupid penalties and capitalize on some chances.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

This team has zero confidence. They play the Panthers tomorrow hopefully they can get some mojo back in their gm playing against an awful Panther team. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I hope Hortons ok.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Really ? Your going to blame Rask for this one ?  The only way they win this game is if he pitches a shutout.. and against the Penguins not a chance.. You score only one goal as a team that is starting a back up ... Bruins offense is offensive..

I would give him a pass if this wasn't an every game trend with him.  Guy cant make a big save in a close game during the third period to save his life.  When is the last time he has made some huge 3rd period saves to bail out his defense or PK and "steal" a game they probably didn't deserve to win?  Never!  All this Vezina talk regarding Rask is comical. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Worse loss of season ,Horton gone probably for a long time,Pitts missing 4 of there best players Bruin's still can't beat them,Iginla scores,only thing Bruin's have done all season is kill penalties,and they can't even do that anymore,and Rask can't stop nothing in the third period ,all in all BRUIN'S not in the same class as Pitts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

The only way we can win another hockey game before the end of the season is with Khudo ..I promised I wouldnt compare the 2 anymore ..but enough is enough ..Rask is Ok ..Khudo is outstanding ...

He can't win the big games,never has .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

stan, no question we've seen sub-par from the Bruins this year.  Don't you think today's play was superior to their recent form?  I think it was. 

Exactly....good physical game, solid d work with fewer giveaways and a much better transition game, Yeti was decent.

There are plenty of positives here. just need to cut down on stupid penalties and capitalize on some chances.

Especially that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

No positives Pitts missing four of there best players,and Bruin's loose Horton,nothing positive at all about this game

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

They have - in a period of 10+ games - shown that they are falling aprt in EVERY facet of the game.   THis is deeper than "turning it around."  

With any successful team, opponents figure them out over time.  This is what has happened to CLOD'S system and there are no answers.  So, he's lost the players.

The Pens had the SAME issue a few years back; look how they rebuilt by the trade deadline.

A great start put this team in the playoffs, that's it.  The rest of the league caught up.

I'm really disappointed with this squad.

And NO - Vikoun did NOT stand on his head.  A 10-year-old with a brromstick could have stopped the pop shots at him.

True ipot.  He didn't.  He was there when he needed to be as per his job description.  When the Bruins were able to create something promising he stopped them - or they couldn't take advantage.  Which ever viewpoint is preferred.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Not to mention the lousy call on the disallowed goal, puck wasn't tied up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

In response to abra-cadaver's comment:

Another 3rd period collapse by Rask.  What a shocker!  :rolleyes:

Rask couldn't stop a beachball once it gets down to crunch time.

Really ? Your going to blame Rask for this one ?  The only way they win this game is if he pitches a shutout.. and against the Penguins not a chance.. You score only one goal as a team that is starting a back up ... Bruins offense is offensive..

I'm not blaming Rask here, but they've allowed 6 ppg's in the last 3 games. Who's always the best penalty killer on any team? The goalie & neither goalie has been the best recently. Not saying they're bad goals, but with great goaltending comes timely saves. Look at Vokoun for ex. The B's could've been up 3 or 4 after the 1st & a couple more in the 2nd. The B's aren't getting those timely saves when they need them the most right now. This is where I question Rask's ability. He plays well & keeps the B's in games, but then he allows that crucial goal. TT did the samething at times as well, but he'd come up brilliant a lot of times as well. For example game 2 against the Flyers in 2011. He allowed the first 2 goals & then it was the JVR & Tim Thomas show. He wouldn't allow that 3rd & the B's tied it & won it in O.T. IF Rask can't start learning to steal games they B's won't be going anywhere. I love Rask & think he's been great for the most part, but as it's evident right now. The B's as whole aren't playing that well. This is where Rask needs to pu the team on his shoulder's for a little awhile & steal some points for them. Neither goalie is doing this right now. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Worse loss of season ,Horton gone probably for a long time,Pitts missing 4 of there best players Bruin's still can't beat them,Iginla scores,only thing Bruin's have done all season is kill penalties,and they can't even do that anymore,and Rask can't stop nothing in the third period ,all in all BRUIN'S not in the same class as Pitts.

I wouldn't go that far, kitch.  Was there information already released about Horton? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Im hoping for a nyr vs pitt first round.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

No positives Pitts missing four of there best players,and Bruin's loose Horton,nothing positive at all about this game

They lost by 1 goal in a tight game in which special teams proved to be the difference.

Surely you can find something positive about that.....

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

The elbow to the head of Savard wasn't against the rules at the time, but it certainly was dirty.  This check was a hip check well within the three-one-thousand count.

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% on this NAS. I think if you youtube some of Cooks other "hip checks" you'd notice that McQuaid got off very lucky. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Another sub-par effort

1 goal thru 59 mins against a team missing it's 3 best players is an unacceptable effort. Was it better than some of their previous gm's yes. But if we were to ask the players themselves I'm sure they would tell us their effort today wasn't nearly good enough. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Goaltenders stealing games is as poor a cliche as timely anything.

It's an annoying phrase used by people who wish the goalie made a few extra stops. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Im hoping for a nyr vs pitt first round.   

Me too man. Would love to see Clowe rubbing the Pens the wrong way for a long series.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Goaltenders stealing games is as poor a cliche as timely anything.

It's an annoying phrase used by people who wish the goalie made a few extra stops. 

NAS Fawk OFF! Another hockey term you don't like that Far better hockey minds than yours have used for yrs. So shut up!! 

Sections
Shortcuts