GDT: ECF Game 2 Bruins at Penguins 6/3/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: GDT: ECF Game 2 Bruins at Penguins 6/3/13

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

That was a great win. Kind of wish it was the Habs.

But its pay back for Pens too. Injuring Heely & Savard

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Pierre just called Marchand "Tyler". Maybe because that's who is "supposed" to be scoring...? ;) Oh well, keep 'em coming Brad!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I don't remember the Bruins offense looking this crisp in a long time! If we can sustain this along with our D and goaltending, we are going to be real tough to beat!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

SanDog this is a good one also.

Jack Edwards @RealJackEdwards 12m

Same as game 1, the difference was the posts. Bruins got lucky.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The rest of the media made it into the press conference tonight. The reason I noticed was because the questions were idiotic. This was asked of Julien "What do you tell your team going back home up 2-0 ?"

LoL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

What a clinic by the boys.

We all know the key contributors but I want to give some kudos to Tyler.  Not too many young goal scorers would accept what is really a checking role on the 3rd line and play harder.  Do you think Phil would have?  Seguin has actually been strong defensively winning many battles in his own end, back checking hard and even throwing some hits.  He wants to be part of the team winning no mateer his role and the whole team is playing a team game and that is why they are playing so well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In a post-game segment Ron Maclean and Don Cherry showed Bergeron in the penalty box and Campbell on the bench tapping the tops of their sticks with their gloved fingers.  Maclean said the Bruins have something "going on" with this and likened it to something similar Brendan Shanahan and other Team Canada members were doing some years ago.  He seemed to be implying it was an inside the team thing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

You gotta love this group. Post game interviews on NBCSC with Marchand then Rask. Two of the most humble interviews I've seen in a long time. Neither 100% happy with performance -- looking for improvement -- claiming some lucky bounces. Then CJ press interview -- no overconfidence in the least.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The rest of the media made it into the press conference tonight. The reason I noticed was because the questions were idiotic. This was asked of Julien "What do you tell your team going back home up 2-0 ?"

LoL!

Did Tony Granato ask that one?  Kidding.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I enjoyed the CBC feed tonight. At one point, one commentator (not sure who) said about Crosby: "It's his second game without the jaw protector. You gotta wonder if he still hasn't adapted to it being off." 

Right. And how about the 64,378 hockey games he's played in his life without the jaw protector? How did he manage those?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In a post-game segment Ron Maclean and Don Cherry showed Bergeron in the penalty box and Campbell on the bench tapping the tops of their sticks with their gloved fingers.  Maclean said the Bruins have something "going on" with this and likened it to something similar Brendan Shanahan and other Team Canada members were doing some years ago.  He seemed to be implying it was an inside the team thing.

I saw that too. Have no clue what they were doing.

on a side note Jagr got the player of the game jacket.  He must be playing through an injury and is being recognized by his teammates as he clearly wasnt the best player out there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

After the 6th goal they played " Brass Monkey " made me laugh, love that song !

Marchand has to sing this .

Brass Monkey - that funky Monkey
    Brass Monkey - junkie
    That funky Monkey

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Just watched game,had to work,only one thing to say Wow!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Pittsburgh: no mental toughness. They sure fooled me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Lots of frustration ...Pens were under the impression that they had the best team after beating the sens...guess what guys ..the best team is ....the Boston BRUINS ....

YESSSSSSS

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (a walk in the park)

Sections
Shortcuts