Geoff Ward and the PP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Geoff Ward and the PP

Can someone fired Ward and put someone who knows about PP in charge.  The PP will sink us in the playoffs if it does not improve quickly!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Geoff Ward and the PP

it's a joke !  it works against the Bruins all the time. They lose all momentum after they go on the PP.
    I knew Kaberle was not the answer. Not that I don't like what he brings to the Bruins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

It is not normal that with the skills we have we are ranked 18th!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

It's near the end of the regular season. How many X & O's can the coaches put on a chaulk board ? I think the coaches should buy a box full of mirrors for the dressing room !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Geoff Ward and the PP:
    [QUOTE]It is not normal that with the skills we have we are ranked 18th!!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

Well said, lucaooo.  This PP strategy is not only predictable in its pedestrian set-up and execution but clearly is not conceived to play to the strengths of the players on the roster.  It appears the old, non-effective habits have returned even with Kaberle after it appears they'd become dormant just after he joined the team.

Its inconceivable to watch a team like the Leafs with such PP players as Tyler Bozak, Mikhail Grabovski, Nik Kulemin, Bret Lebda and of course, Kessel, work a man-advantage that often produces sustained offensive pressure, something the Bruin PP has yet to master.  

Should the Bruins come up against a club that works as hard as they do or perhaps has more talent, the PP can help make the difference in games down the road.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

PK was nothing special either!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

What has happened to Reechi on the PP this season?  Last season I was saying he was one of the best players I have ever seen at playing the front of the net on the PP and perfectly deflecting shots into the net off point shots.  Has he scored a single goal like that this year?  I cant recall any.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Recchi's age is starting to show.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Rec top 5 in PPTOI, top 4 before Kaberle, and was even manning the point.

Last 25 games 0PPG and 3 G total. In the 30 games played in 2011, he has 1 PPG.
    Krej 1PPG in 2010/2011. None in last 11G
    Berg 0PPG in 2011.
    Kab  0PPG in 2011 or 2010/11.
    Chara 4PPG in 2011 including 4in 5Games and 2 in his hattrick night, but none in his last 21games.

Basically top unit has 1ppg in last 12, 1 in last 21 and 5 in last 30 games.

The PP is just too predictable, get it back to Kab, pass to Chara and bomb it, oh yeah they brought Hort out to Point and he bombed it and Seid bombed it.  If you saw any of these attempts, Price was sitting and waiting for the bomb.  You are not going to score very often on an NHL goalie that is sitting and waiting on a point shot, not even a 100mph point shot.  You have to be able to move the puck and I don't mean from side to side at the blue line.

Need some shooters on PP, and need to get them puck in front of the net.  This has to be from puck movement where the goalie is not just sitting there waiting for the shot, one timers like Stamkos scores would be fun to watch, with Luc sitting and sniping from 1 knee.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Clod will not sit the "BOYS" for fear they will pout. Ward has got to be relieved of the PP. It looks like they all have no clue when they have the puck. Having Ryder and Recchi out there is like having 4 on 4. Never mind giving Seguin an opportunity. The PP might be where he is best suited. His game has a long way to go but he does posses a good quick shot and you can't say that of Horton. I can't believe how slow he is when taking a shot or making a move.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

It's called a "lack of urgency".

The focus seems to be too much on system right now, and not enough on "find puck score puck".

I think it was right after Horton missed the wraparound chance that he gathered the puck and threw it back to the blueline even though he had bodies out front.

That puck should have been shot at, or even just towards the net. 

Horton's playing well overall, but Seguin should get a few of Horton's shifts on the PP.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

While I do agree that the players are ultimately responsible for their play on the ice, the fact remains that something has to be done. As such, I am not adverse to "re-assigning" Ward and having someone else take over the PP for a fresh look. It is not like it is going to get any worse than it has been for the last couple of months...