Get Kaberle out of that lineup!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Get Kaberle out of that lineup!

He is horrible; not as advertised...not getting that big contract.  Oh, well.  Thanks, for nothing big puck-handler.  However, if we don't get you out of the lineup soon, you will surely tax us more and more.  Obviously, the big play-offs (and perhaps, the NHL) is beyond you at this junction.

Honestly, they would be better with someone else in there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Get Kaberle out of that lineup!

Not gonna happen but I know where you're coming from.  Cj just has to limit his TOI when the game dictates it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

OKAY, as I have thought Kaberle was inferior since day 1.....  I must ask who YOU would feel better with in Game 5.... because I am curious myself.

When the guy does not make silly mistakes causing his Goalie to be hung out to dry he is standing in the offensive end during a power play being a useless hunk of __________.  If you understand how the PP works then you know he is nothing but a liability on the PP.   Since the opposition knows he virtually never will shoot the puck to the net- they do not worry about being close to him in coverage.  That makes the Boston Power Play a 4.2 on 4.   What the need to get is someone who has cajones enough to shoot about 10% of the time when he gets the puck near the circle or the line.  Then the opposition would need to actuaqlly cover him and that would leave more room near the net and in the slot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

A useless question I can't get out of my mind--

How much better would we be right now with Mark Stuart instead of Kaberle?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Get Kaberle out of that lineup!:
    A useless question I can't get out of my mind-- How much better would we be right now with Mark Stuart instead of Kaberle?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

Wow...spot on CCM.   But the fans would have been furious had PC not acquired Kabs, so we take our medicine and hope for the best.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Get Kaberle out of that lineup! : Wow...spot on CCM.   But the fans would have been furious had PC not acquired Kabs, so we take our medicine and hope for the best.
    Posted by hangnail

u guys are right for as much as ive killed kaberle before they made the trade and even to now there is not a better option. just going to have to take the good with the bad and hope that julian uses last change wisely when its comes to using kaberle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Kampfer?  I mean could he make any more mistakes than Kaberle.  I feel at least maybe he would have a fire burning to get back in the lineup.  Our rookies havn't really been the problem for us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Kampfer?  I mean could he make any more mistakes than Kaberle.  I feel at least maybe he would have a fire burning to get back in the lineup.  Our rookies havn't really been the problem for us.
    Posted by nix02061

fire burning with a bad wheel. knee injury has kept kampfer out of the conversation. as much as i think kampfer may have a good future with the bruins, he did exactly play great when he was in there, especially at the end before he got sent down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

kaberle is soft.... and not strong defensively anyway but if the bruins actually took the body at every opportunity with a 3-0 lead we would be up 3-1 now....

for all the good things this team has done we just went right back to the futulity of the last two years...    trading away two firsts for this guy... another horrendous move by chia pet

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

kaberle is soft.... ... another horrendous move by chia pet
    Posted by pjmj430

Please elaborate on these horrendous moves. Which pickup don't you like....Recchi,Horton,Campbell,Peverly,Kelly,McQuaid,Kampfer,Seidenberg,Seguin?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I know this sounds absurd, but maybe Hnidy is a better option than Kaberle at the moment. Tampa is winning the puck battles down low, and getting free access to the net. That has to stop.

At minimum, the Kaberle-McQuaid pairing has to split up. Can't have your two weakest defenders on the same line. With Boychuck showing some weaknesses as well, the options are limited. Perhaps it's best to make sure you spread out the top 3 D-men in each pairing to minimize the damage:

Chara-Boychuck
    Seids-Kaberle
    Ference-McQuaid

And for the love of everything holy, time to give up on the Kaberle PP experiment. Chara-Ference, then Seids-Boychuck.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from greasythumb. Show greasythumb's posts

asmaha...not absurd at all about hnidy i was thinking the same thing....my only worry is that maybe hes rusty but it couldnt hurt too much more than the sub par play kaberle and it could possibly motivate kabs to play a little bit better after sitting

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

All hail Sheriff Shane -even he would be an upgrade...leadership and grit off the scale. We don't need puckhandling when it's handled right in the back of your own net.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Hnidy was terrible.  He manages to make a mistake in less than 4 minutes of playing time.  Kaberle was pushed around on a goal on Saturday, but overall he is an outstanding #6 defenseman.  You don't take a player out because they make mistakes, you take them out because there is a better option.  The Bruins don't, and neither does any other team in the league for that matter.  Kaberle is better than any 7th defensman there is.  He will continue to make errors, but he will continue to be better than anyone below him on the depth chart.  Also, he's a plus player, so he is contributing more than he is costing, overall.  As far as Mark Stuart, he was terrible this year.  He hit, but makes numerous puck/positioning mistakes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Why not Kamfer. There were regular season games where he played very solid. Granted he did make some rookie mistakes, and came under the brow-beating of Claude/Houda [ where is Rammer?] which only served to increase his sensitivity to making mistakes. Unfortunately the coaching staff, and their dictates, are still there, so Kamfer will sit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

@ OatesCam:#6 defensemen do not get $4.25M per year unless they play for the Rangers. Houda could suit up and be a number 6 and be more of an asset than TK. Kampfer on one leg can't be worse than TK and might be better. He will shoot the puck.
    @FenwayChuck: Really good analysis. TK and DK on the same shift has two players who won't shoot. TB leaves one guy always near the crease and send 3 guys to cover 3 closing off all the lanes for passes. TK is really frustrating when he takes puck from left point to right circle and then turns to pass. No one else moves and nothing happens. Time and again. Frustrating!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

PINE, your salary does not determine your value to the team.  His cap hit is irrelevant.  He is playing the role of a bottom pair defenseman.  In this role he is better than most.  He is also better than Kampfer, who makes mistakes as well.  Kampfer is also a right shot, which would mean switching Seidenberg to the left to replace the left-shooting Kaberle, thus breaking up the Chara-Seidenberg pairing.  It would be a very poor decision to make that switch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

OKAY, as I have thought Kaberle was inferior since day 1.....  I must ask who YOU would feel better with in Game 5.... because I am curious myself. When the guy does not make silly mistakes causing his Goalie to be hung out to dry he is standing in the offensive end during a power play being a useless hunk of __________.  If you understand how the PP works then you know he is nothing but a liability on the PP.   Since the opposition knows he virtually never will shoot the puck to the net- they do not worry about being close to him in coverage.  That makes the Boston Power Play a 4.2 on 4.   What the need to get is someone who has cajones enough to shoot about 10% of the time when he gets the puck near the circle or the line.  Then the opposition would need to actuaqlly cover him and that would leave more room near the net and in the slot.
    Posted by FenwayChuck

Kaberle is a liability 5 on 5.  The best thing you can say about him 5 on 5 is that he is not terrible at times.  But to say Kaberle is a liability on the PP is complete garbage.  Over the last five years only one defenseman in the entire league scored more PP points than Kaberle.  His name is Nick Lidstrom.  I won't bother going over with you the rosters of the Red Wings and Leafs these last five years except to say it's obvious one team is clearly more talented than the other.

Kaberle not shooting on the PP is not the problem with the Bruins PP.  The problem with the Bruins PP is the scheme, the players Claude is putting out there and the Bruins complete inability to skate with the puck or gain possession of the puck in and into the offensive zone.

Claude is putting out Kaberle with Krejci.  That's 2 guys who don't shoot much (one too many). Claude is also putting Kaberle out there with two guys who don't move or skate or open lanes on the PP (Lucic and Horton).  

If the other players playing with Kaberle on the PP would skate and open lanes and shoot more Kaberle's passing and play making ability would shine just like it shined with a much less talented Toronto team for many years.  

And by the way during those last 5 years with Toronto where Kaberle racked up the 2nd most PP points during that span, I"m fairly certain the opposing teams didn't respect Kaberle's shot and knew he was mostly only threat to pass.  The Leafs just played a different scheme and put Kaberle out there with players on the PP that would do more than just stay on the perimeter and wait for Kaberle to pass to the other point man for a one-timer.

It's on Claude to change things up and to Kaberle and the PP as a whole in a better position to succeed. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Kaberle will be in d-troit next year, and will be an awesome dman for them.

very wierd.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

@OatesCam: We got TK to help the PP. Regardless of how great he was in Toronto, the PP is 4 for 52 in the playoffs. Don't think that's working out the way PC planned. Secondly, whether or not he is a good or bad #6 defenseman, he was not brought here to be a #6 defenseman. If we wanted a competent #6 defenseman, we would have kept Stuart. He's not getting the job done either way (IMO),  and we have no other options. Not Kampfer with a bum knee. Not Hnidy with his approximatesly 10 minutes of playing time the entire season. Not Bartkowski since we aren't playing Pittsburgh. Maybe we can convert Trent Whitfield to defense.
    The arguments about the PP are valid, especially concerning having 2 non-shooters on at the same time. Movement on the PP has been a problem all season. If we don't get out of this round, our impotent 7.7% PP will the most significant factor in the failure. Not goaltending, not defense, not even offense. The PP and the blame is on coaching for that-not execution.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

@OatesCam: We got TK to help the PP. Regardless of how great he was in Toronto, the PP is 4 for 52 in the playoffs. Don't think that's working out the way PC planned. Secondly, whether or not he is a good or bad #6 defenseman, he was not brought here to be a #6 defenseman. If we wanted a competent #6 defenseman, we would have kept Stuart. He's not getting the job done either way (IMO),  and we have no other options. Not Kampfer with a bum knee. Not Hnidy with his approximatesly 10 minutes of playing time the entire season. Not Bartkowski since we aren't playing Pittsburgh. Maybe we can convert Trent Whitfield to defense. The arguments about the PP are valid, especially concerning having 2 non-shooters on at the same time. Movement on the PP has been a problem all season. If we don't get out of this round, our impotent 7.7% PP will the most significant factor in the failure. Not goaltending, not defense, not even offense. The PP and the blame is on coaching for that-not execution.
    Posted by PINEwarmer

convert trent whitfield to defense is the post of the year!!! wow

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

[QUOTE]1st pairing:  Chara - Seidenberg (15 min)      Chara - Kaberle (10 min) 2nd pairing: Ference - Boychuk (10 min)   Seidenberg - Boychuk (10 min) 3rd pairing:  Ference - McQuaid (10 min)  
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE

Who pairs for the other 5 minutes? Houda and Julien? Might work!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

Admit  to the error,  pull him out of the line up for a D-man from the press box who's willing to pay the price to take  a hit and make a play  then move on,  don't sign him just let hm go. He likely wont  find work in  the NHL with the short comings he  has demonstrated while  wearing  Black & Gold.
    Go Bruins

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Again, my point is that it doesn't matter what he was intended for, all that matters is what is happening now.  Regardless if he was expected to be a top 4 D, on the team as it's stands he is a bottom pair guy and is very good at that role.  People suggest taking him out, and that's silly.  He is far superior to the bottom pair on TB that Seguin victimized.  He's just an easy whipping boy for fans.

@OatesCam: We got TK to help the PP. Regardless of how great he was in Toronto, the PP is 4 for 52 in the playoffs. Don't think that's working out the way PC planned. Secondly, whether or not he is a good or bad #6 defenseman, he was not brought here to be a #6 defenseman. If we wanted a competent #6 defenseman, we would have kept Stuart. He's not getting the job done either way (IMO),  and we have no other options. Not Kampfer with a bum knee. Not Hnidy with his approximatesly 10 minutes of playing time the entire season. Not Bartkowski since we aren't playing Pittsburgh. Maybe we can convert Trent Whitfield to defense. The arguments about the PP are valid, especially concerning having 2 non-shooters on at the same time. Movement on the PP has been a problem all season. If we don't get out of this round, our impotent 7.7% PP will the most significant factor in the failure. Not goaltending, not defense, not even offense. The PP and the blame is on coaching for that-not execution.
    Posted by PINEwarmer

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

A useless question I can't get out of my mind-- How much better would we be right now with Mark Stuart instead of Kaberle?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

QFT - I almost posted this in the thread about what defenseman would you like next season...  I was upset at the time we lost him because of how he brought the thunder in the playoffs and that can't be overvalued (not to disparage the efforts of our current blueliners at all, to be clear).

Sections
Shortcuts