Get Lucic to sharpen his skates.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Get Lucic to sharpen his skates.

Is it just me or does it seem like Lucic is falling all over the place? Outside of him doing a Chevy Chase every now and then, I don't notice him much out there. It seems that the Caps have decided to shut Krejci down and that inturn makes his wingers lost and un-fed. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Get Lucic to sharpen his skates.

I see Lucic carrying the puck into the offensive zone down the left wing with nobody in front of the net to pass to. how many times has he made nice passes in front of the net with no Bruin there? I dont see Lucic as a problem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

He's playing ok but to many give aways.  It's like everyone on the team can play one level better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Get Lucic to sharpen his skates.:
    [QUOTE]I see Lucic carrying the puck into the offensive zone down the left wing with nobody in front of the net to pass to. how many times has he made nice passes in front of the net with no Bruin there? I dont see Lucic as a problem.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

While not a problem he hasn't been the answer to the solution.  It should be him carrying the puck around the boards and going around the net.  Krejci and Peverley are not penetrating in the front of the net.
    If Lucic carries it in he must try to go to the net with the puck, not on the outside. Caps D are perfectly content with what he has been doing.
    I do like his forecheck, when he could gte it going but it's not on him again. His linemates don;t puck the puck in deep and don;t gie him the time to setup in front of Holtby.
    This is why Lucic looks un-affective .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

Looch-krejci-Caron Marchand-Bergy-Pevs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]I see Lucic carrying the puck into the offensive zone down the left wing with nobody in front of the net to pass to. how many times has he made nice passes in front of the net with no Bruin there? I dont see Lucic as a problem.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Peverly doesn't no where the front of the net is

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cutthroat. Show cutthroat's posts

[QUOTE]Looch-krejci-Caron Marchand-Bergy-Pevs
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

I'm okay with your suggestion of Caron on the first line, but not with replacing Seguin with Peverley.  Don't mess with the chemistry on that second line.  They'll find their offense.  Peverley has been off since coming back, doesn't have the legs, stamina, or timing if you ask me. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Lucic? Carrying the puck? Why? Lucic should concentrate on getting to front of the net with DK & Peverly doing the carrying of the puck. IF there's no reason to go to the front of the net then Lucic gets to the puck side & gain possession. Lucic is the bull on the line. The bull does the grunt work! Lucic's game is not puck possession. He's not a Neely no matter how much we want him to be. This is why he hasn't been effective, because he hasn't been doing his job. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get Lucic to sharpen his skates. : I'm okay with your suggestion of Caron on the first line, but not with replacing Seguin with Peverley.  Don't mess with the chemistry on that second line.  They'll find their offense.  Peverley has been off since coming back, doesn't have the legs, stamina, or timing if you ask me. 
    Posted by cutthroat[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you're talking about the chemistry of the Krejci line, or the Bergeron line. But if you're talking about Lucic-Krejci-Peverly I haven't seen any chemistry since last June.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cutthroat. Show cutthroat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get Lucic to sharpen his skates. : Not sure if you're talking about the chemistry of the Krejci line, or the Bergeron line. But if you're talking about Lucic-Krejci-Peverly I haven't seen any chemistry since last June.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

No, I was talking about the Marchand, Bergeron, Seguin line.  They've been too good over the year together.  Couldn't agree more.  The best we saw the Lucic, Krecji line since Horton went down was when Seguin skated with them.  If people really want to mess with the Begeron line, bump Seguin to the Lucic/Krecji line for a shift or two to see how that works...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Lucic? Carrying the puck? Why? Lucic should concentrate on getting to front of the net with DK & Peverly doing the carrying of the puck. IF there's no reason to go to the front of the net then Lucic gets to the puck side & gain possession. Lucic is the bull on the line. The bull does the grunt work! Lucic's game is not puck possession. He's not a Neely no matter how much we want him to be. This is why he hasn't been effective, because he hasn't been doing his job. 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree, Nite.  Lucic has been pretty effective overall when carrying the puck down the left side.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get Lucic to sharpen his skates. : I have to disagree, Nite.  Lucic has been pretty effective overall when carrying the puck down the left side.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Not in play-offs in the last 2 seasons he hasn't. And 2 games so far this year. Take a look at his assists he got last year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I have to agree with Lucic has been effective carrying the puck.

Entry into the offensive zone and creating scoring opportunities are two things that have happened with Lucic doing this. It doesn't always result in assists on the score sheet but does that mean he hasn't been good at doing it ?

I have been very happy with his ability to carry and shield the puck from defenders when he goes deep with the puck. He is actually one of the better Bruins for holding the puck because of his big body while other Bruins make their way to the net or open areas without getting stripped of the puck.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

From what i have seen, both Lucic and Seguin need to raise their compete levels.  havent seeen them winning many (any) 1 on 1 battles. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

How about geting Pev and Kelly back together to recapture some of last year's magic?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

And break up the only line that has found the back of the net... I'm not sold on that idea. Rolston-Kelly-Pouliot are doing a great job. Keep them together for the future in my opinion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

[QUOTE]And break up the only line that has found the back of the net... I'm not sold on that idea. Rolston-Kelly-Pouliot are doing a great job. Keep them together for the future in my opinion.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

You're probably right but if you start jerking lines around keep this in mind.

Sections
Shortcuts