Get on the phone - Get Weber

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins2234. Show bruins2234's posts

Re: Get on the phone - Get Weber

In Response to Get on the phone - Get Weber:
    Saw another post about his case, but be the GM and make a deal for this guy. Nashville has no idea of what hockey is. 1) Two first round picks (2012 and 2013). The better the Bruins do, the later the pick (30th?). Hockey development is not that deep and getting Weber and Chara on your blue line is lethal. 2) Trick them into taking a young D. Boychuk? Kampfer? Mcquaid? Hate to see them go - but for Weber? Bye bye. 3) Throw in some prospects. Carl Sodenberg, Zach Hamill, Knight, Spooner? 4) They can have Kelly too as I think he's replaceable in the roster. So my trade is Kelly, Mcquaid, Hamill and two first rounders for Weber. Or - if nashville walks away, sign him as a UFA for 6.5MM/year. To be in a hockey city - cup contenders - and a close locker room. Done.
    Posted by ErnestoGiove

Not even close to being enough.  Think about what we gave up for Kaberle and he was a 2 month rental who isn't even close to the player that Weber is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Saw another post about his case, but be the GM and make a deal for this guy. Nashville has no idea of what hockey is. 1) Two first round picks (2012 and 2013). The better the Bruins do, the later the pick (30th?). Hockey development is not that deep and getting Weber and Chara on your blue line is lethal. 2) Trick them into taking a young D. Boychuk? Kampfer? Mcquaid? Hate to see them go - but for Weber? Bye bye. 3) Throw in some prospects. Carl Sodenberg, Zach Hamill, Knight, Spooner? 4) They can have Kelly too as I think he's replaceable in the roster. So my trade is Kelly, Mcquaid, Hamill and two first rounders for Weber. Or - if nashville walks away, sign him as a UFA for 6.5MM/year. To be in a hockey city - cup contenders - and a close locker room. Done.
    Posted by ErnestoGiove

Wow, this is just horrible..

First off, nashville has to sign him, its was team elected arbitration they can not  "walk away" and this signing only brings them to the cap floor, they aren't looking to move in..

Boychuk is older then Weber, Mcquaid is the same age...

Sodednerg isn't a prospect at this point, and will never play in the NHL, good luck selling hamill as anything more then an AHL player..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Posted by ErnestoGiove

David Poile does and is not stupid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

I think you may be the one that has no idea what hockey is...

Posted by ErnestoGiove

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

We drafted a guy named Hamilton who could end up being a similar player to Shea Weber.  He will be here just in time for Chara to retire.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

Posted by ErnestoGiove

Hahahahaha Soderberg

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Nashville may not know anything about hockey, but Dave Poile, Barry Trottz and the rest of the Predator staff does.

We'll write-off this proposal as a far-fetched dream.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Posted by ErnestoGiove

Do you think Nashville's GM smokes crack? Do you smoke crack?

Congratulations on the DUMBEST (but also the funniest) trade proposal ever. Seriously, do you even watch hockey?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Yeah, this proposal is so ridiculously far off I can't even start trying to suggest fixes for it.

By the way, there's 28 other teams that think Weber is pretty good too, although if I had money to spend I'd bet Weber is wearing a Winged Wheel in 2012-2013.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

LOL! I was asking what it would take and proposed a push to try to get him. I live and breathe hockey. Probably the only one who's ever played hockey on this board. If Nashville was offering him 4.75 - YES THEY ARE SMOKING CRACK!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Get on the phone - Get Weber:
    LOL! I was asking what it would take and proposed a push to try to get him. I live and breathe hockey. Probably the only one who's ever played hockey on this board. If Nashville was offering him 4.75 - YES THEY ARE SMOKING CRACK!!
    Posted by ErnestoGiove

You live and breathe hockey, and this is what oyu came up with? And your probably the only one who ever played huh?? First off, plenty of stupid people play the game.. Secondly, I would bet nearly everyone on this board played at some level or another.. Having played at a high level would still speak very little to knowing the game.. Some of the best minds in hockey tend to be bad players, they love it, they are no good, and are forced to work really hard and learn everything they can to try to hang on to it..

As I stated in the other post on this subject, Nashville never offered him 4.75m, that was the number they brought into arbitration..

Nashville has the money to keep him, they will work on extending him, I would guess if they cant by the deadline, and things are really far off, they may look to move him, or they may go through this process all over again, hes an RFA for one more season after this, so nashville isn't forced to make any decisions on him till after next season (2012-2013)..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAH.
    wait let me catch my breath
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    moron.

I live and breathe hockey. Probably the only one who's ever played hockey on this board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Yeah, this proposal is so ridiculously far off I can't even start trying to suggest fixes for it. By the way, there's 28 other teams that think Weber is pretty good too, although if I had money to spend I'd bet Weber is wearing a Winged Wheel in 2012-2013.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Yea I wouldn't be a bit surprised at that. Worse than that? The Wings will be in the East Conference which means 4x a season we'll have to put up with that guy! Ugh! Just the thought makes me sick!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Get on the phone - Get Weber : Not even close to being enough.  Think about what we gave up for Kaberle and he was a 2 month rental who isn't even close to the player that Weber is.
    Posted by bruins2234

There is ABSOLUTELY no way you're only on pure air!! Put the model glue down. With these kinds of proposals I don't think you have much to spare. lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

So my trade is Kelly, Mcquaid, Hamill and two first rounders for Weber.

Ernesto - Let me get this straight. A 3rd line centre, a 3rd pairing d-man, a soon-to-be-career-AHLer, and two bottom of the first round picks for a young, Norris trophy caliber stud d-man? You do know this prorposal is in the "Ryder, Hamill and a pick for Crosby" stratosphere, right?

What makes you think that Nashville (or any team for that matter) would trade the centrepiece of their franchise for somebody else's spare parts/garbage? You better hope NAS doesn't read this thread.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

As soon as i saw the thread I was willing to bet my life Zach Hamill was somehow involved.

I'm still alive.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

My favorite part is "sign him for $6.5M.

He was just awarded $7.5M so you think Shea Weber will take a pay cut after that???

I also don't think you're the only one to ever play hockey nor invent the sport!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Weber = Krejci + Hamilton

No way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by ErnestoGiove

And while you were on the rec league ice with no helmet, I'm going to guess you took a few too many shots to the head.

Any trade offer than includes Hamill is a joke.

If you live and breathe hockey, you should try some oxygen instead.  You probably got 32 minutes in penalties while arguing with Shrewsbury waiters about the toughness of Tim Brent and who the Leafs were going to play on the first line with Brad Richards.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Get on the phone - Get Weber : Hahahahaha Soderberg
    Posted by RechsimusMaximus

Reposted for truth.  HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts