Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch?

I'm hoping that the Flyers eliminate the penguins and that Florida beats NJ. That should put the Rangers and Flyers playing one an other in the next round while the Bruins would get Florida. If Jersey were to win, the Bruins would have to play the Flyers next. I think thats right because Florida is a higher seed than the Flyers even though their record wasn't as good. 

Let the Rangers and Flyers battle it out first.

Go Bruins!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch?

In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch?:
    In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? : I think the Nucks have run into a Kings team that is finally playing to their potential at the exact right time. The Kings best players are outplaying the Nucks best players by a wide margin and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Nucks are done.
    Posted by dezaruchi

My feeling is what will the Kings team look like if dealing with a little adversity?  Vancouver is good enough to make them pay if the Kings lose their way a little. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Nucks playing Schneider again:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/04/18/canucks_kings_stanley_cup_playoffs_game4_preview/

Luongo is finished in Vancouver

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

I think the Pens will win tonight Fleury has to show up for at least one game,,,what a trrible goaltender.......and for the Nucks..bye bye its Over...LA in 4

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch?:
    In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? : Neal is suspended. Have you been watching the playoffs or bowling?
    Posted by dezaruchi

I wasn't talking about 1 game in particular Dez !  The strategy I layed out was used last time the Pens won the cup .  They need to reunite 2 of the best forwards in the game and force the Flyers to try and adapt to the new reality.

PS: I don't bowl but I do Curl !Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? :  I wasn't talking about 1 game in particular Dez !  The strategy I layed out was used last time the Pens won the cup .  They need to reunite 2 of the best forwards in the game and force the Flyers to try and adapt to the new reality. PS: I don't bowl but I do Curl !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

It's way harder than it looks eh?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shuffleboard on-ice, sick athletes. just joking. seems like it could be fun while drinking- wearing helmets of course. broomball anyone? by far my favorite college intramural, games at midnight, the falls never seem to hurt (another fun drinking sport- we had to wear helmets, yes)... ahhhh college.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nucks playing Schneider again: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/04/18/canucks_kings_stanley_cup_playoffs_game4_preview/ Luongo is finished in Vancouver Posted by jmwalters

Boby Lou is going to yodel in Switzerland with Huet ? Pray tell...who is going to take that contract ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? : Boby Lou is going to yodel in Switzerland with Huet ? Pray tell...who is going to take that contract ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Brian Burke or Garth Snow?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

.......Steve Yzerman ? Scott Howson ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Judging by the poor showing of many goalies both in the regular season and post-season there will be many GM's looking for a #1 goalie on July 1st. There is always someone out there crazy enough to take a chance....ahem...Brian Burke....cough.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Brian Burke has his crack scouting squad combing the nether regions looking for the next "big" thing in goaltending.Look for them to sign Dmitri "The Ogre" Leteminov out of Pinsk, at 6"11" 320 lbs he is a beast between the pipes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Brian Burke has his crack scouting squad combing the nether regions looking for the next "big" thing in goaltending.Look for them to sign Dmitri "The Ogre" Leteminov out of Pinsk, at 6"11" 320 lbs he is a beast between the pipes.
    Posted by 50belowzero

Similar in potential to "The Monster" I presume....lol.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? : It's way harder than it looks eh?
    Posted by dezaruchi

Yes, Curling is harder than it looks !  Since I can't lace them up anymore (serious back injury during my junior years) I have to curl to feel the ice under my feet !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? : Boby Lou is going to yodel in Switzerland with Huet ? Pray tell...who is going to take that contract ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

DETROIT , Chicago, San Jose !  Need I go on ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? :   DETROIT , Chicago, San Jose !  Need I go on ? Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

Amateur take Dez's advise! Dale Holland has been on record as saying he will not overpay or make a goalie the highest paid player on any team he is the GM of. Chicago just had Huet's contract come off the books (try a little research) and Doug Wilson wouldn't pay Niemi nor give Nabokov a long term deal so he is certainly isn't going to take Bobby Lou.

@Chowda Scott Howson seriously ? Columbus is dumping salary...why would they ? Mason is allot better than that tire kicker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? : Amateur take Dez's advise! Dale Holland has been on record as saying he will not overpay or make a goalie the highest paid player on any team he is the GM of. Chicago just had Huet's contract come off the books (try a little research) and Doug Wilson wouldn't pay Niemi nor give Nabokov a long term deal so he is certainly isn't going to take Bobby Lou. @Chowda Scott Howson seriously ? Columbus is dumping salary...why would they ? Mason is allot better than that tire kicker.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Dale Holland wouldn't take Luongo ? Neither would Ken from Detroit plus he has a better goalie in Howard. I agree with that.

Columbus dumping salary ? They traded J.Carter and got J. Johnson and a 1st back . A difference of less then a million in salary. How is that a salary dump ?

Nash has asked for a trade . Does that make it that Columbus is dumping his salary ? No. And who knows that they won't be taking more or equal in salary in return. We don't know that yet. The Blue Jackets are only about $2M away from the Bruins cap hit. I don't see where you're figuring they're dumping salary. If it's  happening it's not because they've suggested they're trying to.

And as far as my Scott Howson comment. This was suggested by a hockey personality that I listen to on a regular basis. I borrowed it because it sounded like a possibility to me. I agreed.

Mason played like crap. Curtis Sanford played better then him. Yes you read that right .......Curtis Sanford. Mason has played no where near the way he did since his rookie season and might never be again. At this point in their careers Luongo would be an upgrade in net for Columbus. It probably won't happen but it would make sense for Columbus to go out and get better goaltending . Their present situation stinks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch?:
    Me thinks the Canuckleheads have a chance because the Italian tire shop employee will be hiding under his cap at the end of the bench and the games have been very close. Pittsburgh is done in my view not a chance. I know shocker right w/o Asham and Neil but then again...Crosby n Malkin could go all world which is what everyone expected. Just needed a non Shanahan-Torres-Backstrom-thread going.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Do you know what a sweep is?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? : Do you know what a sweep is?
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES

Sure I do like when the Bruins swept the Shabs in 09' and 92'. You mean like that ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? : Neither would Ken from Detroit plus he has a better goalie in Howard. I agree with that.

Columbus dumping salary ? They traded J.Carter and got J. Johnson and a 1st back . A difference of less then a million in salary. How is that a salary dump ? Nash has asked for a trade .

At this point in their careers Luongo would be an upgrade in net for Columbus. It probably won't happen but it would make sense for Columbus to go out and get better goaltending . Their present situation stinks.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Thanks and it would get worse if they brought in the albatross of Bobby Lou.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? : Thanks and it would get worse if they brought in the albatross of Bobby Lou.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Your welcome.

Worse then it is now ? If you're only going by contract maybe. Performing between the pipes , I don't think so. Luongo is no longer one of the best but he's still better then Mason or Sanford. Definite upgrade !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? : Amateur take Dez's advise! Dale Holland has been on record as saying he will not overpay or make a goalie the highest paid player on any team he is the GM of. Chicago just had Huet's contract come off the books (try a little research) and Doug Wilson wouldn't pay Niemi nor give Nabokov a long term deal so he is certainly isn't going to take Bobby Lou. @Chowda Scott Howson seriously ? Columbus is dumping salary...why would they ? Mason is allot better than that tire kicker.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Easy to comment on actions that will only be taken months in the future , eh Sandog?  Remeber this statement at the start of next season !!!! Somtimes you
    make amateur statements just to be heard !

Hockey is a business...and teams that are hurting sometimes need to make drastic moves in order to appease the  ticket paying patrons.  So get off your high horse and base your comments on what's been happening in the NHL for as long as i can remember....there''s always team owners that want to please their fans (and their own egos) and will do whatever hockey management tells them to do in order to have a winning season.

Tampa Bay falls into that scenario ! Columbus ownership is willing to part with
    Nash to have a winning season! And San Jose, the team you seem to know so much about, will be pulling the trigger after this playoff season and goaltending is at the top of management's list !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? : Easy to comment on actions that will only be taken motnhs in the future , eh Sandog?  Remeber this statement at the start of next season !!!!Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

Will do we can laugh at my expense if one of those teams sign B Lou, I'm just looking at the contract is all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Get the brooms out tonight? Or does Vancouver and Pittsburgh scrape n scratch? : Sure I do like when the Bruins swept the Shabs in 09' and 92'. You mean like that ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I was in the building to see the brooms hit the ice in '92. What a night.

Sections
Shortcuts