Get your B's Tukka jersey signed while you can!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

Get your B's Tukka jersey signed while you can!

First off, Tim Thomas is my favorite Bruin so I need to put that out there.  But my question is why has Thomas started 8 of the last 11 including back to back games with one on the road?  I know Tukka complained about starting time but look at the other pieces:  Johnny B was signed for 3 years at over $3M per year.  Let me paraphrase PC - "It would be ideal to lock up all you guys before the deadline so you know what you have to work with."  So the entire 4th line is free at ~ $1M to $1.5M per year each depending on how it works out and none of those players were signed  Chris Kelly is a player who PC has spoken very highly about and he has yet to be signed.  Bring us to the most important free agent (who has complianed about his playing time) and no deal has been made.  So is Tukka hurt and they're hiding it like Timmy's hip two years ago?  Is PC holding him out so he can't get hurt or slump further and diminish his value?  Has Tukka told PC he has no intentions of singing with the B's and playing #2 to Thomas next year and potentially beyond?  Is PC willing to roll the dice on  Anton Khudobin?  The expectation from Jack & Brink was for more of a split in the net to keep Thomas fresh for the playoffs, ride the hot hand time to time.  They're 6-7-1 in the last 14.  Tukka was pulled in one game and Thomas has given up 3 in consecutive games.  I think Tukka on the bench has more to do with the trade deadline and his contract status than anything else.  If not why would they dish out $3M to a defender when their goalie of the future is about to go free?  It tells me that Tukka's not going to be here next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Get your B's Tukka jersey signed while you can!

Agreed... if he's not shopping him for the best deal he can get, he should be.

Nash, please.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

when did he complain about playing time? this is all nonsense

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't see Tuuka being dealt. TT is up there in age and the pipeline is thin at best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

Yep I agree ..PC is preparing a big trade ....bye bye Rask ....and I seriously think that Khudobin could become a good goalie in the NHL ...I've said it when we acquired him and I will say it again ....trading Rask and getting a big piece of the puzzle for our next Stanley Cup edition would be great ,,,,,,,I trust PC will make a good move within a week

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

No.  Don't believe it because it would be dumb.  I say Tukka isn't going anywhere.

Couple other little things:  Tuukka did NOt complain about playing time and Boychuk's $3 million means absolutely nothing on Rask's status.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I actually was expecting Rask to play last night against Montreal, But TT got the nod. Im glad, because I wanted to see TT in net anyway. Good time at the B's vs Habs game. Good crowd and cool to experience it. And of course the B's won.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Get your B's Tukka jersey signed while you can!:
    [QUOTE]No.  Don't believe it because it would be dumb.  I say Tukka isn't going anywhere. Couple other little things:  Tuukka did NOt complain about playing time and Boychuk's $3 million means absolutely nothing on Rask's status.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletcher his did "kinda" complain about playing time his first interview.  He came back and said the translation made it sound worse than it was, but said he doesnt like sitting on the bench and of course wants to play more.  I think all of us would expect him to say that.

He's being a good teammate but this has got to be getting old for him now. I cant criticize Claude for anything he does with the choices he has, but if you are Rask, its time to start your career someplace.  Earlier in the year it looked like he might get a fair shake, but that's clearly not going to happen.

Cash in on him now before he just leaves, which he will do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

when did he complain about playing time? this is all nonsense

For those of you making believe Rask didnt say anything:

Tuukka Rask recently complained to Urheilu Lehti, a Finnish magazine, that he wants more playing time.
    "The truth is that I want to play more. I do not want to spend a whole career sitting on the bench," Rask said. "It is felt that even when I have a good game, the next game is on the bench. If I play and have a shutout, it is not enough." It's kind of Rask to attempt to take some of the heat off of Tim Thomas, who seems stuck in a controversy about how he expresses his political views. The fact that Rask wants to play more should go without saying and his frustration is understandable given how great he's been this season. But he's playing with the reigning Vezina Trophy winner, who also happens to be having a great season. Rask will eventually be Thomas' successor, but he's not doing himself any favors by making comments like these. Feb 10 - 5:54 PM

Source:
    csnne.com

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

“Google Translate sucks. I said, 'Obviously I don't want to be sitting on the bench my whole career and I like [playing in Boston].

Bruins backup goalie Tuukka Rask, clarifying his Finnish comments"

You spent two years ranting n raving about how you hated Thomas and wanted him outa Boston night in night out. Now you are going to jump all over Rask ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

By the way in Thomas's interview after the game last on NBC Sports Network he praised Rask on how he is a good teammate and how they both encourage each other by talking during TV timeouts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He's not leaving. If he does, PC is an idiot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]“Google Translate sucks. I said, 'Obviously I don't want to be sitting on the bench my whole career and I like [playing in Boston]. Bruins backup goalie Tuukka Rask, clarifying his Finnish comments" You spent two years ranting n raving about how you hated Thomas and wanted him outa Boston night in night out. Now you want to jump all over Rask?  Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Huh?

SanDog, I will never understand your personal thing against me.  Its fine that you disagreed with me about Thomas back then and disliked me for it. You have that right.  But now, it seems that you completely misunderstand post after post of mine, and those posts just doesnt seem to be a problem with others.

However, I'm going to clarify yet another post.  Hopefully you will understand, even if you don't agree.

Lets just get right to your last line:" Now you want to jump all over Rask?"

It what post out of the last 1000 I've made, anywhere, have I remotely "jumped all over Rask" in any version of the English language?

I LIKE Rask.  I am absolutely frustrated for him, in support of him, that he is again being glued to the bench.  Tuukka Rask said "I dont want to spend my whole career on the bench."  If I were Tuukka I'd say the exact same words.  People here tried to say Tuukka "never complained about playing time." He absolutely did, and your "clarification" changed nothing.  Google translate has nothing to do with "if I get a shutout its not enough."  He doesnt want to rot on the bench in Boston. I like that he's not happy sitting. He should ne frustrated.  That's not jumping on someone. THATS EXPLAINING WHY HE WILL LEAVE IF HE'S NOT TRADED.

Maybe you are confused about what suggesting a trade means. It sounds like you think my suggesting they trade Rask is a negative.  I think Tuukka is a franchise goalie, rotting away and being wasted here. Not playing against Montreal was unbelievable.  And every time they throw him back out there after sitting for 10 days, the idiots come out and complain that he's rusty, that he's not sharp.

And wait... before you even start your predictable Thomas overreaction... this has ZERO to do with Thomas.  I understand why Julien plays the Conn Smythe winner a lot.  That is not the point.  The point is Rask is looking towards the door.

In defense of Tuukka, I say the Bruins should do the guy a favor and let him start his career someplace instead of wasting him. I also said the B's cannot afford to pay 2 #1 goalies next year.  Finally, I said trading for a desperately needed forward is better than watching him walk away, because no matter how much he acts like a good teammate and says he likes Boston, he's a goalie... and goalies... good ones... HATE to sit.

Can you understand that my position on Rask is because I LIKE him, not that I'm "jumping all over" him?

SD, really, you are literally misunderstanding my posts 180 degrees lately, and I don't write that unclearly. I sure spell better than most.  If your hatred for me from 2 years ago makes it so you can't even read my posts, we would both be better off if you would just block me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]By the way in Thomas's interview after the game last on NBC Sports Network he praised Rask on how he is a good teammate and how they both encourage each other by talking during TV timeouts.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

By the way I heard that. I never said once, not once, not ever that Rask wasn't a good teammate.

Incredible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Get your B's Tukka jersey signed while you can!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get your B's Tukka jersey signed while you can! : I like that he's not happy sitting. He should ne frustrated.  That's not jumping on someone. THATS EXPLAINING WHY HE WILL LEAVE IF HE'S NOT TRADED. Maybe you are confused about what suggesting a trade means. It sounds like you think my suggesting they trade Rask is a negative.  I think Tuukka is a franchise goalie, rotting away and being wasted here. Not playing against Montreal was unbelievable.  And every time they throw him back out there after sitting for 10 days, the idiots come out and complain that he's rusty, that he's not sharp. In defense of Tuukka, I say the Bruins should do the guy a favor and let him start his career someplace instead of wasting him. I also said the B's cannot afford to pay 2 #1 goalies next year.  Finally, I said trading for a desperately needed forward is better than watching him walk away, because no matter how much he acts like a good teammate and says he likes Boston, he's a goalie... and goalies... good ones... HATE to sit. Can you understand that my position on Rask is because I LIKE him, not that I'm "jumping all over" him?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Ok that clarifies what you meant and remember Tuukka is an RFA not a UFA so PC has control.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

kumbaya my lord, kumbaya....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I doubt very much PC trades the young goalie with all the upsdide potential over the older goalie who's already caused headaches this year for the organization by defying a mandated visit to the White House and continuing to post non-hockey-related rants on facebook and causing internal grumbling in the clubhouse.

yes, TT is still THE stud goalie on the team and will likely be the guy they rely on come playoffs, but he's not getting any younger. Trading Rask and negating that 1-2 goalie punch that';s right now best in the league, leaving the team exposed should TT get hurt before playoffs is foolish at best. PC won't risk it, nor should he.

As for Rask;s comments re: playing time--what back up goalie DOESN'T want to play more? I'd be more concerned if he didn't want to be the #1. He's hungry and should be. The guy's the future in net.

Don't expect any big moves out of PC. There are temptations out there but unless PC is willing to give up on the likes of Krejci and/or Lucic, I doubt we;ll get a Nash coming in any time soon. A mid-level D-man is more like it, and personally, I'd be thrilled to see Ryan Smyth if it can happen without giving away Doug Hamilton.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Tuukka is not going anywhere.

1) Bs management stated as much in their state of the union
    2) He's a RFA - You don't see many RFAs leaving unless they aren't offered a contract (ie Pouliot).
    3) He's the future goalie for 10+ years - picks can be directed elsewhere
    4) I said so - willing to bet my pinky toe on it

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

it was reported by mckenzie earlier in the season that columbus approached boston and asked to negotiate a trade for rask. PC said he wasn't available. what do we think has changed? did they find the fountain of youth for thomas?