Get Zach Bogosian!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Get Zach Bogosian!!!

I am not suggesting Bogosian (option 1A) is at the level Kaberle (option 1B) is at now, but he will be twice the player he is sooner rather than later.  I know he'll be expensive to acquire, but he will be an offensive juggernaut for many years to come.  He is a much better defensive player than Kaberle right now!  Then I believe the B's will still be able to acquire a scorer like Hejduk as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Get Zach Bogosian!!!

How do you know he will be better? There is nothing to prove he will be on the same level as Kaberle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Get Zach Bogosian!!!:
    [QUOTE]I am not suggesting Bogosian (option 1A) is at the level Kaberle (option 1B) is at now, but he will be twice the player he is sooner rather than later.  I know he'll be expensive to acquire, but he will be an offensive juggernaut for many years to come.  He is a much better defensive player than Kaberle right now!  Then I believe the B's will still be able to acquire a scorer like Hejduk as well.
    Posted by CamOJonasink[/QUOTE]

I don't get the facination with this kid at the moment. Yes, he has the skills to be great but are you willing to give up a ton for another "project"?

He has NO playoff experience, he is still some what raw in terms of "fine tuning" overall game.

He's a talented young man and very well may be a top defensemen when he polishes out but who knows hiow long that will take? Two-Three years?

It will be unfair for him to be thrown into the fire. Who knows how he'll respond to the pressure here in Boston. The kid plays in front of 7,000 thousand fans, who half of them are on their cell phones or Ipads.

Not the right time to get Bogosian. If the Bruins can get a nice rental without giving up too much then they can revisit this type of deal in the summer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Watch him play and you'll see he's a can't miss.  He had 196 hits last year on top of his evident offensive prowess.  He can mix it up too!  That's more hits than Kaberle has ha in his whole career (I'm exagerating).  I like Kaberle a lot.  Don't get me wrong.  But you'll see, it is clearly the more impact move of the two, as evident by the cost it will take.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

xenimus...I have to say that you've made a great analysis of the situation ...I will have to consider you as advisor if I get the GM,s job

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2012-2013 (with me as the GM)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I'm saying it's not though, Kaberle is one of the best if not the best when it comes to getting the puck out of the zone cleanly. Why take a chance on a kid who hasn't lived up to the hype? And is having his worst year when the team is playing its best?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I am probably more against making trades this year as anyone on this board, but why not go after both Kaberle and Bogosian? The assets we'd be giving up wouldn't be the same, so it's possible.

For Kaberle: Wheeler and conditional 2nd/3rd (dependant on Kabs resigning)

For Bogosian: Bos 1st, Stuart, Colborne, Spooner, and any of Hamill, Paille, or a 3rd rounder.

Both deals are legit and possible and allow us to keep the Tor pick. We stay young with the addition of Bogosian and become more lethal with the addition of both of them.

Chara -- Kaberle

Seidenberg -- Bogosian

Boychuk -- Ference

McQuaid

Now that's a solid Z-fense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The Bogosian v Kaberle debate is really one based on priority. If you think:

1. The Bruins should go for it now then Kaberle is the better pickup.

or,

2. The Bruins should sit tight, see how they do, and keep stockpiling for the future then Bogosian is probably the one.

I could go either way to be honest... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Get Zach Bogosian!!!:
    [QUOTE]The Bogosian v Kaberle debate is really one based on priority. If you think: 1. The Bruins should go for it now then Kaberle is the better pickup. or, 2. The Bruins should sit tight, see how they do, and keep stockpiling for the future then Bogosian is probably the one. I could go either way to be honest... 
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Go after both. See directly above yours.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Good plan...I like.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get Zach Bogosian!!! : Go after both. See directly above yours.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

It sounds great, but would never fit under the cap!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]It sounds great, but would never fit under the cap!

I think it would. Kaberle replaces Savard and Bogosian replaces Stuart/Wheeler. Done deal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]It sounds great, but would never fit under the cap!
    The Kaberle trade would fit, and sending out Stuart for Bogosian is a net gain in cap space, so I think it would actually work.  I wish capgeek would allow you to try out sequences of trades, just to make sure.

Getting both would definitely be an interesting prospect.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]I am probably more against making trades this year as anyone on this board, but why not go after both Kaberle and Bogosian? The assets we'd be giving up wouldn't be the same, so it's possible. For Kaberle: Wheeler and conditional 2nd/3rd (dependant on Kabs resigning) For Bogosian: Bos 1st, Stuart, Colborne, Spooner, and any of Hamill, Paille, or a 3rd rounder. Both deals are legit and possible and allow us to keep the Tor pick. We stay young with the addition of Bogosian and become more lethal with the addition of both of them. Chara -- Kaberle Seidenberg -- Bogosian Boychuk -- Ference McQuaid Now that's a solid Z-fense.

Does this account for the cap.  If so it's interesting, Kalman made the case for 2 D yesterday.  Also no idea what Bogosian's real value is whether your giving up too much or too little, But I would love to see this all go down with the Toronto pick and Kampfer still in house, even if this moves Kamfer to Providence.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Savard being on LTIR is the key to this for the remander of this year. And if we decide to re-sign Kaberle for next year at his current salary (4.25) then the loss of Ryder (4 mill) will absorb most of it. Bogosian is an RFA so his price tag for next year will be  manageable...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

you guys should stop pretending to be gm...stanley is next in line for the job

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get Zach Bogosian!!! : The Kaberle trade would fit, and sending out Stuart for Bogosian is a net gain in cap space, so I think it would actually work.  I wish capgeek would allow you to try out sequences of trades, just to make sure. Getting both would definitely be an interesting prospect.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I think TSN has an app for this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]you guys should stop pretending to be gm...stanley is next in line for the job
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Stanley's prepared to bring in Xenimus, so this board will be well represented.  All of the *brilliant* discussion forum solutions, including mine, should all become reality.  Chuckle, Chuckle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]you guys should stop pretending to be gm...stanley is next in line for the job
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

He has no idea about the Ference-like coup I am going to pull to take power.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get Zach Bogosian!!! : He has no idea about the Ference-like coup I am going to pull to take power.
    Do you need a wingman? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm with you CamO.  Bogosian minimizes the risk of the deal when giving up assets like draft picks.  If Kaberle is a bust or gets injured, the deal is a complete fail.  If Bogosian is a bust or gets injured, he will only be better next year.  He's 22, already playing a pretty high level and has a ton of potential.  I'd prefer Bogosian.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get Zach Bogosian!!! : Do you need a wingman? 
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

I am very Stalin-esque -- paranoid about keeping power -- so you may want to watch your back...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Get Zach Bogosian!!!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get Zach Bogosian!!! : The Kaberle trade would fit, and sending out Stuart for Bogosian is a net gain in cap space, so I think it would actually work.  I wish capgeek would allow you to try out sequences of trades, just to make sure. Getting both would definitely be an interesting prospect. Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

It does http://www.capgeek.com/trade_machine.php all you have to do after going to the "Trade Machine" is lineup Atl-Bos then just trade the players...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

That lets you do the single trades - it's what I used to decide if either trade would work - but you can't (as far as I can tell) carry over a trade to do another.  So I do the proposed Kaberle trade, but then I can't keep him on the Boston roster when trying the proposed Bogosian trade.

I can't find any on TSN.ca.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]That lets you do the single trades - it's what I used to decide if either trade would work - but you can't (as far as I can tell) carry over a trade to do another.  So I do the proposed Kaberle trade, but then I can't keep him on the Boston roster when trying the proposed Bogosian trade. I can't find any on TSN.ca.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

What's the cap situation after the Kaberle trade? The Bogosian trade I proposed afterwards adds about 2 million in salary (including bonuses). Is the deal do-able or would we need to add a Paille, Campbell, etc, to balance it?