Getting humiliated again by another playoff DNQ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Getting humiliated again by another playoff DNQ...

I really try to watch this team, but after the Chara/Khudobin show, 3-1 is enough...

Too much to expect the Bruins to not get beat to every puck, not make constant turnovers, get outhit and outgoaltended by a guy who was putrid in Columbus.

Cant play Florida every night I guess. Oh that's right, Im picking on them... they are second in the conference so they must be really good...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Getting humiliated again by another playoff DNQ...

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

I really try to watch this team, but after the Chara/Khudobin show, 3-1 is enough...

Too much to expect the Bruins to not get beat to every puck, not make constant turnovers, get outhit and outgoaltended by a guy who was putrid in Columbus.

Cant play Florida every night I guess. Oh that's right, Im picking on them... they are second in the conference so they must be really good...

I keep hoping this B's team is like the 93' Sabers. Go winless in their last 6 & come out flying in the 1st rd. Who can be Boston's version of "MayDAY, Mayday" 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Why do you watch them?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I keep hoping this B's team is like the 93' Sabers. Go winless in their last 6 & come out flying in the 1st rd. Who can be Boston's version of "MayDAY, Mayday" 

MARCHAND!  MARCHAND! 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to mitchco98's comment:

Shhh only postive posts, some of these dougheads can't face the truth, this team has lost it's mojo chances of advancing past the first round are very slim the way this group is playing.

Montreal finds themselves in the same funk. I expect the Bruins will find their game when the playoffs start. Keep the faith.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Shhh only postive posts, some of these dougheads can't face the truth, this team has lost it's mojo chances of advancing past the first round are very slim the way this group is playing.

You always sing the same song.  The playoffs haven't begun and you've pronounced them dead. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Thats ok boys.  It's just a game.  We'll get em next time.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Don't forget Philly has EIGHT defensmen on the IR, and Boston are fully healthy too.  If all this recent "Boston strong" stuff going on cant motivate these hacks, nothing will.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Buddy wake up don't expect a deep run this year. This is the worst I have seen this team play heading into the playoffs in a long time.

mitch, I agree they don't look good and haven't looked like themselves for quite a while but none of us knows how they will perform come playoff time.  They could be worse than even tonight - if that's possible.  Or they could more closely resemble the Bruins of the first 20 games or so. 

I'm not looking past the first game let alone a path to the Conference Finals.  All I'm saying is let's see how they do. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Could be worse... they could not even make the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to abra-cadaver's comment:

Don't forget Philly has EIGHT defensmen on the IR, and Boston are fully healthy too.  If all this recent "Boston strong" stuff going on cant motivate these hacks, nothing will.  

I don't equate last Monday's events to what the Bruins do on ice.  No disrespect to you abra but I wouldn't use the outpouring of strength and resolve from the people of Boston within the context of being an incentive for success of a pro hockey team. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Could be worse... they could not even make the playoffs.

True Bruinfan.  But they did and none of us knows to what degree of success or lackthereof these guys can produce.  At least let's see how they do. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

At this point they are in the playoffs, and are an experienced team. We all must sit and wait for that to start before sticking them with the proverbial Tiger Williams Fork. "They ain't done like dinner, yet".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

This team needs to go to the hospitals in Boston and visit the victims of the Marathon bombing. They need to realize that they are playing for these people and for the city of Boston. They are suppose to be an escape and inspiration for Boston. They aren't inspiring anybody with their effort.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to lordy4's comment:

This team needs to go to the hospitals in Boston and visit the victims of the Marathon bombing. They need to realize that they are playing for these people and for the city of Boston. They are suppose to be an escape and inspiration for Boston. They aren't inspiring anybody with their effort.

Really? The Bruins winning a hockey game is going to change the life of a child that just lost a limb. Get real. 

Hockey is not that important. If anything that's what last week's events showed us.

Sports stars are not heros, they're just athletes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Really? The Bruins winning a hockey game is going to change the life of a child that just lost a limb. Get real. 

Hockey is not that important. If anything that's what last week's events showed us.

Well said.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Pucks going or not going into nets are not important at all in the grand scheme of life.  A victory will not re-attach a limb.

The game itself, however, is very important.  The sense of community, the relief from the news/reality, and the uplifting feeling of things returning to normal, if just for a few hours, is very important.

I'm not sure if you remember the days following 9/11.  It was an awful time here.  When baseball and football started playing again, cities, towns, and states were able to band together again, as one, in an attempt to remember what life was like previously.  Sports bring people close, they make strangers into friends.  They are a big part of our lives here in America.

Suggesting that a B's victory would make everything better is silly, but suggesting that the games being played doesn't help with the healing is equally so.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

I have always loved hockey. If the Bruins get swept in the first round it isn't going to be fun, but I will still love hockey just as much. I think we as Bruins have been spoiled for the last few years with just how good the Bruins have been. As far as whether players were aware of their role in the healing for Boston, I'm pretty sure they were. If you saw Bergeron and Kelly's reaction after the game, it looked like they had just lost a game 7. I hate when people say a team or players don't have heart because they lost a game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I have always loved hockey as well, but I watch to see this team win. Watching them team regress as the season goes is frustrating as hell.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bruinsow's comment:

I have always loved hockey. If the Bruins get swept in the first round it isn't going to be fun, but I will still love hockey just as much. I think we as Bruins have been spoiled for the last few years with just how good the Bruins have been. As far as whether players were aware of their role in the healing for Boston, I'm pretty sure they were. If you saw Bergeron and Kelly's reaction after the game, it looked like they had just lost a game 7. I hate when people say a team or players don't have heart because they lost a game.

Great post, amigo.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

People are forgetting we almost didn't have hockey this yr. Enjoy every gm good or bad.