Gilbert Brule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Gilbert Brule

What a class act that guy is. What a joke move that was trying to bash Boychuks' head into the boards when he doesn't have a helmet on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Gilbert Brule

But you are cool with Marchand running guys from behind and spearing them and punching guys while they are down.

Got it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Oh right cause I said that. 

Got it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Gilbert Brule:
    [QUOTE]What a class act that guy is. What a joke move that was trying to bash Boychuks' head into the boards when he doesn't have a helmet on.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

i have to say edmonton was alittle on the dirty side tonite.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

just saying.  you mentioned him fighting earlier but didnt take notice as to why it started. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Oilers always play hard.  They are fast.  Brule always plays on the edge and is likely hoping he gets dealt to a contending team at the deadline.  He actually is a decent guy for a 4th line

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

First off Marchand did not run the guy from behind Cogliano was looking for a fight and Marchand accepted.  He did punch him while he was down I will not argue that and it would warrant a 10 min misconduct for sure.  What Brule did will probably be looked at by the league and a suspension or at least a fine could be handed down.  I would do 1 game.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule:
    [QUOTE]just saying.  you mentioned him fighting earlier but didnt take notice as to why it started. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Alright, Marchand answered the bell. Brule ran behind the ref. There's a difference. I don't see Marchand as dirty as you've been making him out to be in your last couple of posts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

tucker you need to watch the replay.  Marchand cross checked Eberle into the boards from behind.  Gogliano chased him down and thats why he fought. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Gilbert Brule : i have to say edmonton was alittle on the dirty side tonite.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just a little... ya think?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Oilers always play hard.  They are fast.  Brule always plays on the edge and is likely hoping he gets dealt to a contending team at the deadline.  He actually is a decent guy for a 4th line
    Not agruing his playing ability at all. I noticed him a lot tonight, mostly for his hard playing. That play at the end of the game on a defenseless Boychuk was stupid by him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Marchand ran a guy in Montreal after a whistle...which happens and isnt really dirty.  Last night really crossed the line when he drilled buddy in the pills with his stick...tonight he cross checks eberle from behind into the boards.  Then hits Cogliano while teh fight was over.  Had any player done all that to a Bruin we would be out for blood. 
    He can play on the edge but he needs to keep that cheap stuff under wraps.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

callo-
     it was a dirty play by Brule for sure.  it just cheeses me off when a guy like Marchand who has skill keeps pulling cheap stuff...I don't like it on other teams and I don't want him doing that on this team

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]callo-  it was a dirty play by Brule for sure.  it just cheeses me off when a guy like Marchand who has skill keeps pulling cheap stuff...I don't like it on other teams and I don't want him doing that on this team
    I don't think it's nearly as bad as you say, respectfully. But, if the fight was for the cross-check he had what was right and that was dropping the gloves. Both Van and Edm played on the dirty side so I have no problems with his stick work he has had. He isn't anywhere near a Cooke that you alluded to in the Marchand thread in my eyes. But that's just me and you could be right. Still love having the guy on the B's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Cooke comment was over the top b/c he is my most hated person in sports.

Slashing a hand is fine, slashing a leg is fine.  Spearing someone between the legs is garbage.  Its cheap. 
    He answered the bell b/c he had no choice.  I just notice his little trends of late. 

He has made a huge difference to this club.  I just don't like the garbage stuff he has been doing lately.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Cooke comment was over the top b/c he is my most hated person in sports. Slashing a hand is fine, slashing a leg is fine.  Spearing someone between the legs is garbage.  Its cheap.  He answered the bell b/c he had no choice.  I just notice his little trends of late.  He has made a huge difference to this club.  I just don't like the garbage stuff he has been doing lately.
    I know the Cooke comment was just Shupe being Shupe. I don't remember the spear you speak of but if it's as bad as you say, I agree, no need for it. He seemed to allow his frustration to get the best of him in the Van game. I can definitely see someone in the lockerroom (Recchi or Thornton) taking him aside and saying smarten up. They won't allow Marchand to become a goon like Cooke, Kaleta, Carcillo. He has too much skill for that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Shup, Name onetime you've seen Marchand cross check someone in the head when they were on one knee, back turned and without there helmet ? Can't beleive your defending this blatant dirty stick work with "Umm haven't you seen some of Marchand's dirty play ?" Get real! No comparison whatsoever Marchand had never done something that dirty...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Spearing someone in the pills in my eyes is.  Its the cheapest of the cheap. 

I love how we all can defend it when a Bruin does it.  Garbage is garbage no matter what jersey you have on.  As I indicated the Brule play was bad.  But we turn an eye on Marchand who in the last 2 games has had 3 cheap plays that were in my eyes just as bad. 
    1. Speaing to the mid section is one of the most cowardly acts in hockey.  Its garbage end of story.
    2. He then cross checks Eberle from behind into the boards. 
    3. Then smokes Cogliano in the face when a fight was clearly over.

Call a spade a spade and take the homer glasses off.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

That was a total bush league move by Brule on Boychuk, no ifs ands or buts...

My roommate and I were watchin the game and there' Boychuk, on one knee against the boards talkin to one of the oilers when in comes the heroic Brule and cross checks the top of his shoulders into the boards...

But in keeping with the standards the refs set the whole night, nothing was called on him.  

I'm not the kind of fan that screams and cries everytime a Bruin goes down, but that was the definition of bush league and I was beyond confused as to why there wasn't a roughing, crosschecking or boarding call.  Take your pick.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

On March
    If the spear was blatant he should have received a suspension.

March is a target every shift, he gives a lot less shots than he takes, his head was rammed of the glass a few times, by the bigger D, I have no problem with him giving teet for tat with their better players any chance he gets.

Cogliano sought him out and instigated the fight which he thought was going to be a joke with the smaller March, March held his own, and the fight is never over until you are pulled apart and not even then.

On Brule
    Brule gave Boyc several shots to the back, in the scrum, he headlocked his helmet off, then comes back and crosschecks him to the back of the head at the boards when he is still on his knees, definitely a suspensionable cheapshot and he gets no penalty.

Edm and Van both targeted the head and shoulders with stickwork, and Van had some blatant charges, the B's did well not to retaliate.

On Vandermere
    Vandermeer is a tough cust, smiling throughout the fight, think Luc broke his hand on his head. Though Luc had nothing left, a full shift up and down the ice with speed before the fight, Van was ready for him, nice tilt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Shup, Again I ask you name one time you've seen Marchand cross check someone in the head when they were on one knee, back turned and without there helmet ?

Yah I didn't think so...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No4,

March got a penalty on his spear last night if memory serves me correct.  Thats where I really got a bad taste in my mouth.  I have always hated that kinda garbage.  No suspension.  To me thats like spitting in someones face.

I give Cogliano (non fighter) full marks for what he did.  Team mate run into the boards from behind.  Cogliano is no monster. 2" difference and same weight.  Yes a fight isnt over till they are skating away.  But everyone on here was all over PK for jumping the gun on Lupol.  There is a code in terms of fighting and had JV got Lucic down and drilled him, JV would be the biggest goon ever.

Brule's play was garbage. 

I just hate when we turn the homer do no wrong aspect of the opinions when it comes to cheap plays by our own team. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Can't,

Can you name one time when Brule crossed checked someone in the numbers 2 feet away from the boards in full stride.  Tell me which one has more chance of serious injury. 

Homer

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Can't, Can you name one time when Brule crossed checked someone in the numbers 2 feet away from the boards in full stride.  Tell me which one has more chance of serious injury.  Homer
    Cross checking a guys head into the boards when he doesn't have a helmet on. That's a no brainer. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Physics doesnt agree with you.  I will stick with Phyics.

Sections
Shortcuts