Gilbert Brule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Gilbert Brule

In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule:
    Physics doesnt agree with you.  I will stick with Phyics.
    Posted by shuperman

Go ahead, no way I want to take a cross-check to the back of my exposed head when I'm right next to the boards. I'd take my chances with the helmet on being checked into the boards.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Your spinal cord wouldnt agree with you either.  But the wheel chair would welcome you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I've been checked into the boards countless number of times and have skated away just fine. And if I'm not mistaken no one was paralyzed tonight. I expect those types of hits in games it's high speed and you have a split second to think most times. They're not nearly as bad as they look half the time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Cogliano wan't on one knee, back turned with his helmet off. Marchand is no angel but did not cower when Cogliano came calling unlike what Brule did that is the epitome of a cowardly act. Players get checked into the boards like that all the time doubt players across the league would put Bard in the Cooke category.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You have been checked into the boards head 1st?   Eberle turned in time as well.  I didnt see Boychuk with a fractured skull either.

You expect those types of hits.  This is extreme but watch this and tell me this is expected.  If you believe it is you have been run into the boards one too many times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plsD3deR6TU

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If you dont think Brule would fight him you dont watch enough hockey. 

No doubt the Brule play(AS I HAVE SAID ALREADY) was a cheap play.  But at least call a spade a spade when its our own guys.  Marchand has been doing cheap a s s - s h i t   lately.  I dont like it.  Just b/c he plays on the team I cheer for doesnt make it ok. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

You have been checked into the boards head 1st?   Eberle turned in time as well.  I didnt see Boychuk with a fractured skull either. You expect those types of hits.  This is extreme but watch this and tell me this is expected.  If you believe it is you have been run into the boards one too many times. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plsD3deR6TU
    Posted by shuperman

Eberle didn't go into the boards head first, just like you said he turned in time. As most hockey players do. It's instinct. I have been hit into the boards while I'm facing them yes and I expect to be hit whenever I am playing hockey, it's hockey. Like you said that's an extreme example and what I said was half the time, this would clearly fall into the category of the other half. Marchands hit was nothing like that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Cogliano wan't on one knee, back turned with his helmet off. Marchand is no angel but did not cower when Cogliano came calling unlike what Brule did that is the epitome of a cowardly act. Players get checked into the boards like that all the time doubt players across the league would put Bard in the Cooke category.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I didn't think what Brule did was that big of a deal.He was just trying to sucker Boychuck into taking a penalty.It wasn't like he cranked him into the boards.Let's all lighten up and enjoy a 5 game winning streak for the 1st time this year.The new lineup is unbeaten so far.I'm thrilled with the aquisitions so far.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

If you dont think Brule would fight him you dont watch enough hockey.  No doubt the Brule play(AS I HAVE SAID ALREADY) was a cheap play.  But at least call a spade a spade when its our own guys.  Marchand has been doing cheap a s s - s h i t   lately.  I dont like it.  Just b/c he plays on the team I cheer for doesnt make it ok. 
    Posted by shuperman

Gilbert Brule has never had more than 2 fights in a NHL season. 5 was his highest total in his hockey career. I watch plenty of hockey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Instinct?  Yes he managed to position himself properly.  What if he couldnt?  Still ok?  Its a dirty play that should not be in the game.  Lord every kid in Timbit hockey and up wears a stop sign in there back.  Marchand played in NS and I can promise you he had one on his jersey.

Its a garbage hockey play...its not part of the game.  Using the speed of the game as an excuse gives guys like Matt Cooke a license to injure.  It can't be both ways.  Its black or its white.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Instinct?  Yes he managed to position himself properly.  What if he couldnt?  Still ok?  Its a dirty play that should not be in the game.  Lord every kid in Timbit hockey and up wears a stop sign in there back.  Marchand played in NS and I can promise you he had one on his jersey. Its a garbage hockey play...its not part of the game.  Using the speed of the game as an excuse gives guys like Matt Cooke a license to injure.  It can't be both ways.  Its black or its white.   
    Posted by shuperman

I never said it wasn't a dirty play. I said I would rather be checked into the boards then have my head checked into the boards without a helmet on. Intent to injure- that's the difference. Nothing Marchand has ever done has seemed to me like intent to injure. A lot of what Cooke has done has seemed like intent to injure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Boychuk isnt known for his fights either.  There were two involved.  Brule would have fought him straight up. Still a dirty play by Brule.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Boychuk isnt known for his fights either.  There were two involved.  Brule would have fought him straight up. Still a dirty play by Brule.
    Posted by shuperman

I was just simply saying Boychuk got up and skated to Brule who magically got behind the official. I really don't think Brule would have fought Boychuk, it would of added to his 0-4 record in fights for his hockey career. And Boychuk has a lot more fights in his career than Brule, not saying he is known for his fighting. Just stating a fact.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You are missing the point.  he wasnt checked into the boards.  he was in a bad position and was hit in the numbers a few feet away from the boards.  and it was a cross check at full speed(back to physics).

Both players are fine.  Eberle could have been worse.  With the speed of the game someone will get killed if players continue to do that. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Then you don't understand black n white if you're saying what Marchand did is the same as what Brule did. You're just stubbornly trying to hang onto a point that isn't comparable that's sad. Marchand stood up for his supposedly bad act and fought Brule hid behind a ref like pu $$ y.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

You are missing the point.  he wasnt checked into the boards.  he was in a bad position and was hit in the numbers a few feet away from the boards.  and it was a cross check at full speed(back to physics). Both players are fine.  Eberle could have been worse.  With the speed of the game someone will get killed if players continue to do that. 
    Posted by shuperman

I'm not missing the point just beacaude I disagree with you Shupe. That's all, I just don't agree with you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And I know you didnt say it wasnt dirty.  But you did say its expected.  No its not.  Vulnerable position, cross check to the back, face plant.  Sorry, thats not expected.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule : I didn't think what Brule did was that big of a deal.He was just trying to sucker Boychuck into taking a penalty.It wasn't like he cranked him into the boards.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Oh then you must have seen a reverse angle camera shot that no one eles here saw and Boychuk's head didn't hit the boards he was overacting then gotcha.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

And I know you didnt say it wasnt dirty.  But you did say its expected.  No its not.  Vulnerable position, cross check to the back, face plant.  Sorry, thats not expected.
    Posted by shuperman

If you're not expecting to get hit when you're on the ice you shouldn't be playing hockey. They teach you not to put yourself in that position in pee wee because you get hit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

When it happens to one of our guys I dont ever want to hear you say that was dirty.  B/c when you do I am calling you out.  Matt Cookes hit was never a penalty.  Savy is done.  Cooke play was legal at the time.  Remember that. 

It was garbage then and its garbage when our guys do it as well. 

I mean one minute you say it is expected to I didnt say it wasnt dirty and then  you dont agree with me.  At least be consistent.  I say the Brule play was dirty from the start.  But had Brule cross checked  Seguin into the boards from behind at full speed Brule would be public enemy #1/

Priceless

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule : If you're not expecting to get hit when you're on the ice you shouldn't be playing hockey. They teach you not to put yourself in that position in pee wee because you get hit.
    Posted by callodthedom19

Tell Mark Savard that and see what he tells you. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

When it happens to one of our guys I dont ever want to hear you say that was dirty.  B/c when you do I am calling you out.  Matt Cookes hit was never a penalty.  Savy is done.  Cooke play was legal at the time.  Remember that.  It was garbage then and its garbage when our guys do it as well.  I mean one minute you say it is expected to I didnt say it wasnt dirty and then  you dont agree with me.  At least be consistent.  I say the Brule play was dirty from the start.  But had Brule cross checked  Seguin into the boards from behind at full speed Brule would be public enemy #1/ Priceless
    Posted by shuperman

You're expected to get hit in hockey, yes.
    Was the hit dirty, yes.
    I disagree with you and would rather be Eberle than Boychuk. 
    I am being consistent. You're not listening to what I have to say. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San,

BRULE's Play was garbage.  I am agreeing with you.  But when you look at the totality of both plays you think that Boychuk was more at risk.  Seriously?  Speed, head into the boards???
    Cmon man? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule : Tell Mark Savard that and see what he tells you. 
    Posted by shuperman

The Marc Savard hit was completely different than the Eberle hit. Good job trying to twist my words around though. I was clearly talking about putting yourself in a vunerable position against the boards.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule : Oh then you must have seen a reverse angle camera shot that no one eles here saw and Boychuk's head didn't hit the boards he was overacting then gotcha.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Are you guys serious?There wasn't even a penalty on the play so not 1 of the 4 officials saw it as the blatant attempt to injure(or even a penalty)that you guys are making it out to be.There won't be a review from the league as it wasn't that big of a deal.Was Brule a weasel?Sure he was.But a dangerous play?C'mon boys......

Sections
Shortcuts