Gilbert Brule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Gilbert Brule

In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule : If you're not expecting to get hit when you're on the ice you shouldn't be playing hockey. They teach you not to put yourself in that position in pee wee because you get hit.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]
    They dont teach you in pee wee to cross check people in the numbers into the boards. 
    And you are basically saying that Cookes hit was legit.  Glad to know that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule : They dont teach you in pee wee to cross check people in the numbers into the boards.  And you are basically saying that Cookes hit was legit.  Glad to know that.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Oh am I? Where did I say that about Cooke? You're right about Pee Wee and I never said that. I said they teach you not to turn towards the boards when a hit is coming. Because you get hit, because it's hockey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Defending Cooke's hit on Savard as a legal hit nah you Cmon!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule : Are you guys serious?There wasn't even a penalty on the play so not 1 of the 4 officials saw it as the blatant attempt to injure that you guys are making it out to be.There won't be a review from the league as it wasn't that big of a deal.Was Brule a weasel?Sure he was.But a dangerous play?C'mon boys......
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Dez, he had no helmet on and his head was right by the boards. Brule cross checked his head into the boards. That's a dirty play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

callo,

tell me where i twisted your words.  do you want me to cut and paste your post or do you wanna continue to back peddle.  a vulnerable position against the boards has far more implications than an open ice hit.  a vulnberable position is a vulnerable position.  can we agree on that. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]callo,   tell me where i twisted your words.  do you want me to cut and paste your post or do you wanna continue to back peddle.  a vulnerable position against the boards has far more implications than an open ice hit.  a vulnberable position is a vulnerable position.  can we agree on that. 
    Copy and paste away. I agree with you on the vulnerable position. I'm not back peddling at all. I stand by everything I've said. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San,

I am not...But the league did.  No penalty...you tell me is that right or wrong? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule : Oh am I? Where did I say that about Cooke? You're right about Pee Wee and I never said that. I said they teach you not to turn towards the boards when a hit is coming. Because you get hit, because it's hockey.

they tell you to brace yourself, agreed.  but the player who is the would be checker has to let up.  No different than Cooke.  Marchand has to let up and not cross check him in the numbers.  Savard didnt know Cooke was coming, nor did Eberle expect)as you termed it) to be run in the numbers. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule : Dez, he had no helmet on and his head was right by the boards. Brule cross checked his head into the boards. That's a dirty play.
    I already said it was a weasel move.I just didn't think it was dangerous.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule : If you're not expecting to get hit when you're on the ice you shouldn't be playing hockey. They teach you not to put yourself in that position in pee wee because you get hit.

Here is what you said.  Tell me Savy/Eberle who were both in vulnerable positions would agree with you.  It goes back to respecting your fellow players.  Vulnerbable is vulnerable. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule : they tell you to brace yourself, agreed.  but the player who is the would be checker has to let up.  No different than Cooke.  Marchand has to let up and not cross check him in the numbers.  Savard didnt know Cooke was coming, nor did Eberle expect)as you termed it) to be run in the numbers. 
    Shupe my man I'm not disagreeing with you on the Eberle hit. It was a bad hit and Marchand answered the bell for it. I just don't think it's as dirty as you make it out to be. I'm just simply saying that I think the Boychuk thing is was a lot worse. And while Eberle is not expecting it they teach you not to put yourself in the position because you will get rocked from time to time. It happens. If we were face to face right now I'd give you a big man hug. We disagree that's fine, can we just move on and admire this team and the hot streak they are riding?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I need a hug after this debate.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]I need a hug after this debate.
    That was a long winded battle by a veteran and a newbie. I respect you too much and have called in the officials to break it up. I also am giving you a atta boy tap.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ditto...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Now wheres San at.  We are gonna go in the last period.

cheers fellas.  I am on call and need some sleep.  Long trade deadline day tomorrow as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Now wheres San at.  We are gonna go in the last period. cheers fellas.  I am on call and need some sleep.  Long trade deadline day tomorrow as well.
    Cheers! Can't wait for deadline day. It's a holiday in my house. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]When it happens to one of our guys I dont ever want to hear you say that was dirty.  B/c when you do I am calling you out.  Matt Cookes hit was never a penalty.  Savy is done.  Cooke play was legal at the time.  Remember that.  It was garbage then and its garbage when our guys do it as well.  I mean one minute you say it is expected to I didnt say it wasnt dirty and then  you dont agree with me.  At least be consistent.  I say the Brule play was dirty from the start.  But had Brule cross checked  Seguin into the boards from behind at full speed Brule would be public enemy #1/ Priceless

Not to start this debate again but Cooke's hit on Savard was not legal. It was late, and I don't care what people say he lifted his arm to take out his head and that's either elbowing or intent to hut. NOT LEGAL !
    NOT A CLEAN HOCKEY HIT.
    I missed the 2nd and 3rd period today for a game of my own but from what I'm reading here there was action.
    The Oilers are a little dirty.  I saw them the other night against Montreal and they took runs and cheapshots at the Habs.
    I did see what Marchand did last night and even though he muts have done it for a reason he should not spear someone from behind.  I hope someone talks to him to tone it down.
    I agree if what Marchand did was done to a Bruin I would be up in arms.
    As for what Brule did that is just as bad or worse.  I hope he gets suspended.  Any hit to the head the league should step in.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule : Are you guys serious?There wasn't even a penalty on the play so not 1 of the 4 officials saw it as the blatant attempt to injure(or even a penalty)that you guys are making it out to be. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

So there has to be a penalty called that's brilliant.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

One sports saying that always irriated me is "if he's on the other team you hate em, but if he's on yours, you love em"

I've always said, SCREW THAT.  If the guy plays dirty, he's dirty, I don't care if he's wearing my teams jersey, I'm not going out of my way to defend him.  

Now Marchand may not be as bad as some others, but he is a little jerk out there and has crossed some lines.  I don't like that stuff and in turn, I don't like him.  Now he's been playing great, which is the kind of thing that can make a fan want to forget that other stuff because they're loving what the guy is bringing, but I look at it as, ok if this is how well you can play, then YOU DON'T NEED TO DO ALL THAT OTHER CRAP.  Leave it.  Play hard nosed hockey and keep hustling your tail off, but leave the chippy, getting under the other teams skin crap to someone else, someone of lesser skill who feels he needs to do that garbage to have a job in this league

And as far as Brule goes.  That whole sequence was pretty sickening.  Boychuck gets his helmet ripped off during a clean, routine collision in the corner, is still down on the ice, says something to the Oiler next to him and Brule, straight from behind crosschecks him at the back of his neck, knocking his head straight into the boards.  

The ref who was standing right there, saw it all and did nothing is just as big of clown as Brule is for doing it.  That was just dirty as all hell

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule : So there has to be a penalty called that's brilliant.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    If 4 officials don't deem a play worthy of even a minor penalty,what makes you guys think it was such an awful play?What's brilliant is your lack of a response other than a sarcastic "brilliant".Not 1 hockey show deemed the play even worthy of showing in the game's highlight package yet I guess it's me that's too dumb to recognize the play for  it's all out dirtiness.I hope Boychuck is ok.His feelings(and yours)took quite a hit there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i can't believe more penalties were not called in that game...it could have very easily gotten out of control. kinda like the pens and isles- see the similarities...top team vs bottom team...botton team tries to get under top teams skin. the b's didn't bite and i'm glad for it, no need to risk injury or suspension battling the worst team in the league. the oilers came out with the intent to play an "abrasive" style of play... and the only guy who bit was marchy. as a rook, i hope he was confronted by one of the cap's. really, its quite minor...but he can't be doing that stuff when a pp might be the difference in the game(playoffs)

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]No4, March got a penalty on his spear last night if memory serves me correct.  Thats where I really got a bad taste in my mouth.  I have always hated that kinda garbage.  No suspension.  To me thats like spitting in someones face. I give Cogliano (non fighter) full marks for what he did.  Team mate run into the boards from behind.  Cogliano is no monster. 2" difference and same weight.  Yes a fight isnt over till they are skating away.  But everyone on here was all over PK for jumping the gun on Lupol.  There is a code in terms of fighting and had JV got Lucic down and drilled him, JV would be the biggest goon ever. Brule's play was garbage.  I just hate when we turn the homer do no wrong aspect of the opinions when it comes to cheap plays by our own team. 

March got a holding the stick penalty when he ripped the stick out of ??? hands after his has been batted out of his, stupid retaliatory penalty but the ref let the other shiite go.  He got a slashing penalty more retaliation but I never seen the spear, more teet for tat in a sparring sesion where the ref gave it to March.  I have no problem with March's shenannigans as if you watch the whole game he takes a lot of abuse during the play, as long as he gives it back during the play he will stay out of the box, he has to be mindful of this and not get caught taking stupid retaliatory penalties.

Someone was standing on the scales or March was fully clothed as no way are he and Cog the same in stature. Cog is no monster, but realistically DK is a monster beside March.

The fighting code is a pile of bull setup for the staged fights.  In a fight of passion when someone targets you and follows you around, you don't letup until they have you dragged to the box. The Luc beatdown on Komi was of this type, if you can or are strong enough you haul them up, lean them against the boards and wail away. In the good old days the fight was one by whomever could pull the other's jersey over their heads and would then wail away. Fighting code in hockey, what a hateful pile of shiite.  After a great brawl between 2 heavyweights they slap each other on the shoulder, yeah it seems ok at the time but why did they ev en bother to drop them.

March was supposed to standup and take it like a punching doll, because that was what it was going to be, no March got leverage tipped Cogl over and went to get a few shots of his own back. They were both on the ice and both still trying to fight, there was nothing dirty about that.

I missed the spear never seen it, it in no way could have been serious or Van would have sent the tape and/or the league would have suspended him any way.

March is a little guy fighting for space, and like all little guys have to use their sticks to gain that space, they just don't have the size.  The refs give them a "little" leeway or else they have to call a lot more of thecalls going the other way such as interference holding boarding etc that the bigger D doles out.  This is all shiite that has been going down all the years I have been watching, I don't condone the stickwork nor do I like it, but it has always been there and always will be. 

If March is going back to the tendencies that got him in trouble in the minors, he is playing on a line with 2 fellows that should be able to correct him before he turns to the path of Avery and Cooke, in Berg and Rec.  He needs to play that fine line, it is up to Berg Rec and Cj to reign him in, when need be.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule : If 4 officials don't deem a play worthy of even a minor penalty,Not 1 hockey show deemed the play even worthy of showing in the game's highlight package   it's all out dirtiness.I hope Boychuck is ok.His feelings(and yours)took quite a hit there.Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Got it four useless Zebras and ESPN, TSN, Rogers Sports etc. doesn't view it worthy niether does Dez I got it highlight package or bust.