Gilbert Brule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: Gilbert Brule

Finally got to the end of the posts.

Shup, I see your point on March, but he has to play this style due to his stature or he will not get anywhere, he draws a lot of penalties takes a lot.

It is like I said a fine line he has to play and Cj Berg and Rec have to know when to reign him in.

The crosschecks are all dirty, March is not to be excused for it, but neither are the other 600 NHL'ers, they "ALL" do it, at high speed, slow speed, open ice and especially along the boards in puck battles, there is not 1 defenceman on either team that could not get a penalty in each and every game for this, but until they are called the players get braver and do it more and more, then when they get a penalty, they look up and say,watth was that for.
    But...
    the Brule thing was just a thing of beauty to get away with it right in front of the Ref was..PRICELESS.

There was not much hockey coverage on the sports channels, they were all more interested in the draft today and getting their 2 cents in first, was probably why it was missed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule : Got it four useless Zebras and ESPN, TSN, Rogers Sports etc. doesn't view it worthy niether does Dez I got it highlight package or bust.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Relevant plays get replayed ad-nauseum.Nobody felt it was relevant.Like Goat just said,if Marchand spear was serious the Canucks would've raised hell with the league.The same holds true of Brule's cheap-shot.Why has it not been mentioned by ANYONE within the organization?Could it be possible that they didn't deem it to be as dangerous as you feel it was?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Had it been OV or Crosby or had there been an injury it would have been jumped all over, that is the sad state of hockey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Had it been OV or Crosby or had there been an injury it would have been jumped all over, that is the sad state of hockey.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]
    That still doesn't explain why the Bruins organization hasn't made a peep about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

My feelings aren't hurt, I'm not upset, you haven't seen any exclimation points in my responses nor do I need Craig Mactavish, Darren Dregger, Bob Mckenzie or Pierre Lebrun to tell me what is reprehensible and what is not I've watched enough NHL games to know. I don't need conformation from analysts who are paid to say the right thing in a small amount of time while not ruffling advertisers wallets.

Four useless Zebras that did nothing when they stood there and watched that dirty hit by Brule (while the whistle had already been blown) says to players like Ott, Cooke and Avery it's ok to do that. So what you think is reprehensible in the NHL and what I think are two totally different things.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]My feelings aren't hurt, I'm not upset, you haven't seen any exclimation points in my responses nor do I need Craig Mactavish, Darren Dregger, Bob Mckenzie or Pierre Lebrun to tell me what is reprehensible and what is not I've watched enough NHL games to know. I don't need conformation from analysts who are paid to say the right thing in a small amount of time while not ruffling advertisers wallets. Four useless Zebras that did nothing when they stood there and watched that dirty hit by Brule (while the whistle had already been blown) says to players like Ott, Cooke and Avery it's ok to do that. So what you think is reprehensible in the NHL and what I think are two totally different things.
    How about if just 1 person within the organization took your stance?How is it that the whole team(from players to management)failed to find this hit reprehensible yet I'm the"brilliant" one for failing to see what is so clear to you?Was it a greasy play?Yes,absolutely!Was it dangerous?I don't think so.......I guess we disagree on this one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Agree with callo and SanDog- Brule play was a cheap-shot and a potentially dangerous play.

As to why shupe decides to turn this simple observation by the OP into a Marchand bash-fest is anyone's guess.  Does Marchand play chippy/edgy hockey?  You bet he does, and jabbing someone in the jewels is chippy, call it dirty if that makes you feel better.  Everytime I watch Brian Gionta or Danny Briere or play, I see much more stickwork than anything Marchand is offering, which is not an uncommon trait of under-sized players. 

Besides, the dirtiest and most dangerous play in the game was the leg check Foster threw on McQuaid, not any hit on Eberle. 

Shupe- you sure you are really a Bruins fan?  Your strong dislike for Marchand's game combined with your recent hope for a Leaf's playoff run this year have left me wondering?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Agree with callo and SanDog- Brule play was a cheap-shot and a potentially dangerous play. As to why shupe decides to turn this simple observation by the OP into a Marchand bash-fest is anyone's guess.  Does Marchand play chippy/edgy hockey?  You bet he does, and jabbing someone in the jewels is chippy, call it dirty if that makes you feel better.  Everytime I watch Brian Gionta or Danny Briere or play, I see much more stickwork than anything Marchand is offering, which is not an uncommon trait of under-sized players.  Besides, the dirtiest and most dangerous play in the game was the leg check Foster threw on McQuaid, not any hit on Eberle.  Shupe- you sure you are really a Bruins fan?  Your strong dislike for Marchand's game combined with your recent hope for a Leaf's playoff run this year have left me wondering?  
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    You're right about Foster's hit being the most dangerous.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule : How about if just 1 person within the organization took your stance?How is it that the whole team(from players to management)failed to find this hit reprehensible yet I'm the"brilliant" one for failing to see what is so clear to you?Was it dangerous?I don't think so.......I guess we disagree on this one. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

If an NHL team sends a tape into Toronto they don't usually run around campaigning to the press they wait for a response. Yah you're right Boychuk just loved the love tap top the back of his head. I really hope for your sake the next hit that you consider dangerous gets a penalty and blows up on TSN or I expect no comment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gilbert Brule : If an NHL team sends a tape into Toronto they don't usually run around campaigning to the press they wait for a response. Yah you're right Boychuk just loved the love tap top the back of his head. I really hope for your sake the next hit that you consider dangerous gets a penalty and blows up on TSN or I expect no comment.
    Actually most teams make a point of telling everyone that "we've sent a tape to the league and await a response".Don't worry about me complaining about a play that no players complain about.And I don't need it to"blow up on TSN".Having it mentioned would be good enough though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Crowls,

I am not addressing the issue at hand anymore.  I had my 2 cents worth.  Marchand has good skill and doesnt need the other BS.  End of story for me.  I watched him 2 nights in a row.  I like Marchand game so please read my posts better.  I simply stated I don't like when guys like Ott, Ruutu "et al" do it.  I don't like my team doing it.  The problem with the aforementioned players is that they can handle themselves with the gloves off. 

As for if I am a Bruin fan or not. I really don't need to justify that.  I know what team I like.  The fact I am rooting for the Leafs is no different than you indicating the same thing about 5 posts down.   I want the Leafs in b/c they are the biggest hockey market in the world and its good for hockey.  No different then you cheering for them???