Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery

Giroux needed surgery to repair injuries to both wrists. He claims they were injured by Crosby who slashed him after every faceoff. I think he should've dealt with it on the ice if Crosby was hurting him so much. Thoughts?

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-talk/Giroux-on-surgery-scars-theyre-from-Cros?blockID=747287&feedID=695

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery

If true then it adds to the controversy that Crosby is not an angel the NHL makes him out to the mass media.  If true then he is like Boris Mikhailov, a talented slasher.  I like Crosby's play, I do not like his whinning ways.  I hope Giroux is wrong in his analysis, but if he is then he is like Crosby.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't care if Sydney Crosby whines. He is the best player on the planet by a long shot and I'd take him on my team any day of the week.

Claude Giroux is pretty damn good in his own right, if he wants to complain about Sid slashing his wrists while wearing a Bruins uniform that'd be fine also.

That rivalry is a good one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

sidney crosby hasn't been a whiner for quite some time, that's just reputation

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Bergeron was fine after taking faceoffs against Kesler for 7 games. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery:
    [QUOTE]Giroux needed surgery to repair injuries to both wrists. He claims they were injured by Crosby who slashed him after every faceoff. I think he should've dealt with it on the ice if Crosby was hurting him so much. Thoughts? http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-talk/Giroux-on-surgery-scars-theyre-from-Cros?blockID=747287&feedID=695
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I was gonna write about this earlier, it relates to a pretty interesting, rarely talked about part of hockey, face-off tactics. Personally, growing up playing center, I've learned all sorts of good tricks for facing off against a player I don't like. For example, instead of going for the puck, you can go for the instep of lead-foot and make it look like you're going for the puck.

It's pretty unethical, but plenty of guys do it, and I am certain Sidney Crosby fits the description of the type of player/attitude that would do this type of thing.

Coming from a player of Crosby's stature, I would say he needs to cool it. Intentionally injuring Giroux wrist on a cheap shot is not good sportsmanship/borderline criminal (not the word I'm looking for, but close). No place for it in the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery : I was gonna write about this earlier, it relates to a pretty interesting, rarely talked about part of hockey, face-off tactics. Personally, growing up playing center, I've learned all sorts of good tricks for facing off against a player I don't like. For example, instead of going for the puck, you can go for the instep of lead-foot and make it look like you're going for the puck. It's pretty unethical, but plenty of guys do it, and I am certain Sidney Crosby fits the description of the type of player/attitude that would do this type of thing. Coming from a player of Crosby's stature, I would say he needs to cool it. Intentionally injuring Giroux wrist on a cheap shot is not good sportsmanship/borderline criminal (not the word I'm looking for, but close). No place for it in the game.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]
    I agree but Giroux needs to protect himself out there. Letting Crosby hurt him to the point of needing surgery on both wrists seems weak when he complains after the fact.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Can't take it like a woman during the games and cry about it in the press the following summer.

Being down by a touchdown would have been an ok time.  If not then, due to instigator ramifications, wait until next season and settle it on the ice.

This route is wimpy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Has Giroux ever heard of slash pads?

I would think after the third time he'd catch on.

I would think there would be like 50 youtube clips catching Crybaby in the act, I couldn't find any.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Has Giroux ever heard of slash pads? I would think after the third time he'd catch on. I would think there would be like 50 youtube clips catching Crybaby in the act, I couldn't find any.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Right, and you think if it happened as much as he said it did he would have given the refs a heads up so they can catch him. This sounds a little fishy to me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE] sidney crosby hasn't been a whiner for quite some time, that's just reputation Posted by juniorfalcon19[/QUOTE]

What a crock of bull apparently you where blinders when viewing Peguin games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery : What a crock of bull apparently you where blinders when viewing Peguin games.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Crosby should've been embarrassed by his actions in the playoffs. He was certainly back to his whining ways.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

This reminds me of Crosby blaming Krejci for his concussion, no evidence to support the claim.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This belongs on the absurdity thread.

Giroux kicked the crap out of Crosby in that series - mostly with legal physical play - which I would say is the ideal response.  The Flyers clearly have a philosophy of tweak Crosby going, and why not - he's a division rival who you'll be seeing a lot of for the next two decades.  If you can get under his skin, do it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Giroux kinda comes of like a whiner here... a little disappointing, and frankly, surprising.

Crosby isn't a whiner anymore? Are you joking?

If Giroux was getting slashed to the point of multiple surgeries, one well-placed 2-hander or a spear would end that stuff, regardless of the outcome.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Giroux kinda comes of like a whiner here... a little disappointing, and frankly, surprising. Crosby isn't a whiner anymore? Are you joking? If Giroux was getting slashed to the point of multiple surgeries, one well-placed 2-hander or a spear would end that stuff, regardless of the outcome.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    Exactly what I thought. Maybe Book is right and it's just some sort of gamesmanship. I still think Giroux comes off sounding like a wuss. Oh yeah, Crosby punched him in the face too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOuPCSp5X1I&noredirect=1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sandog, I think the third pic you posted on Crosby whining is actually him celebrating.

Dez, awesome video!  IS IT HOCKEY SEASON YET?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyD603. Show TommyD603's posts

Why are people ragging on Giroux as if he didn't man up?
    He got in Crosby's face multiple times over the course of the series and DID fight him. And he out-scored him. And they won the series, largely in part to his leadership, especially in the final game (Remember that first shift?). I think he was the second leading scorer of the playoffs, despite not getting out of the 2nd round.
    Giroux manned up in every way possible. He just said that Crosby slashed him, because he did, but it's not like he cried about it. He fought Crosby and shredded the Penguins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Giroux fought Crosby, was physical with him the whole time, was instrumental in leadership (remember the first shift of the last game?), scored more than any other player in the round, his team won the series, and despite a second round exit he was still the #2 scorer for the entire playoffs. How exactly did he not man up?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Giroux fought Crosby, was physical with him the whole time, was instrumental in leadership (remember the first shift of the last game?), scored more than any other player in the round, his team won the series, and despite a second round exit he was still the #2 scorer for the entire playoffs. How exactly did he not man up?
    Posted by Tom857[/QUOTE]
    IMO, a man doesn't cry later on about what happened to him. He should've put the stick to Crosby every time it was done to him. He also played like a dirty bytch in round 2 so he's got a lot of nerve to question somebody else's play.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]Sandog, I think the third pic you posted on Crosby whining is actually him celebrating. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I'll be sure to work on my photo shop/dreamweaver skills for yah...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery : IMO, a man doesn't cry later on about what happened to him. He should've put the stick to Crosby every time it was done to him. He also played like a dirty bytch in round 2 so he's got a lot of nerve to question somebody else's play.
    But the thing with Crosby is, is that if you put the stick to him too hard, you get mugged by Crosbys' teamates.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery : But the thing with Crosby is, is that if you put the stick to him too hard, you get mugged by Crosbys' teamates.
    Posted by Klaas[/QUOTE]
    Giroux had plenty of chances to get revenge for the constant slashes he claims to have taken. He's also got some teammates of his own to watch his back. I can't imagine they were all afraid of the Penguins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery : Giroux had plenty of chances to get revenge for the constant slashes he claims to have taken. He's also got some teammates of his own to watch his back. I can't imagine they were all afraid of the Penguins.
    I would say you're probably right because Giroux is a pretty big name player himself.

Sections
Shortcuts