Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery

In Response to Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery:
    In Response to Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery : Giroux had plenty of chances to get revenge for the constant slashes he claims to have taken. He's also got some teammates of his own to watch his back. I can't imagine they were all afraid of the Penguins.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Agree with all you have said in regards to this.  I love CG as a player...he is the real deal for sure.  Not a huge Sid fan at all...but he plays to win...Its the small battles that make hockey a truly great sport...that was a great series other then all the PP time...I even like Sid saying he hates them...its hockey...The Oilers and Islanders hated each other....The Bruins and Canadians hated each other.  Nothing wrong with hate in the game of hockey...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery : Agree with all you have said in regards to this.  I love CG as a player...he is the real deal for sure.  Not a huge Sid fan at all...but he plays to win...Its the small battles that make hockey a truly great sport...that was a great series other then all the PP time...I even like Sid saying he hates them...its hockey...The Oilers and Islanders hated each other....The Bruins and Canadians hated each other.  Nothing wrong with hate in the game of hockey...
    Posted by shuperman

Don't worry. We'll be past that soon enough.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery : Don't worry. We'll be past that soon enough.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Ala Kramer
    Starting Nowwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

That Crosby plays in the manner Giroux described is not surprising.  Crosby's shown to be hard-driving but sometimes chippy.  I wouldn't doubt facing Philly and being on the verge of of elimination added to it.  Giroux's never struck me as a complainer during games like Gretzky used to do and Crosby does now. 

As Giroux's words appear they could easily be seen as moaning.  Maybe if we saw video of Giroux's quotes he might have been giving a "Look what that punk a-- did and we still won" kind of grin.  Adds to the Pens/Philly mix.

Good post dez.  Cheers!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Say what you want about Sid, he's head and shoulders above everyone else on the planet.

And no doubt a little jab from Laviolette when he refered to Giroux as the best player int he world during a press conference in that series.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Bergeron was fine after taking faceoffs against Kesler for 7 games. 
    Posted by Bisson1

You took the word right out of my mouth.
    After almost every faceoff he would cross check Bergeron. Re-watch the series and you'll be astonished on how dirty he was in the faceoff circle.
    It's no wonder Joe Thorton wanted to kill him in that series and then the head butting started.

I'm surprised Giroux is bringing this up. Anyway he's no saint either.  If we recall he was the one that concussed Bergeron on a borderline late hit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery : You took the word right out of my mouth. After almost every faceoff he would cross check Bergeron. Re-watch the series and you'll be astonished on how dirty he was in the faceoff circle. It's no wonder Joe Thorton wanted to kill him in that series and then the head butting started. I'm surprised Giroux is bringing this up. Anyway he's no saint either.  If we recall he was the one that concussed Bergeron on a borderline late hit.
    Posted by BsLegion

You listening to Meatloaf tonight?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Say what you want about Sid, he's head and shoulders above everyone else on the planet. And no doubt a little jab from Laviolette when he refered to Giroux as the best player int he world during a press conference in that series.
    Posted by kelvana33

That he is.  Perhaps that comment coupled with the series loss to Philly played some part in this from Bylsma:http://youtu.be/3u5iTyljXqk

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Yeah nothing bad ever happens when you deal with it on the ice........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz9RE9RGrVY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yvt0B4RXWc

Anytime a hockey player complains he's labeled a wuss?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7uB7EE2_7M&feature=related

Look what happens when Giroux and Crosby start to go at it - linesman step right in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I took Giroux's comments not so much as whinig but explaining why he needs surgery. He was asked and he answered. Should he have answered the way he did? probably not because it could be construed as being a crybaby. Giroux doesn't pi$$ and moan much so if he was hacked a bunch by cindy I wouldn't expect to notice him complaining on the ice or to the media after the game. he should have maintained that afterwards.
    I don't know if cindy hacked the krap out Giroux's wrists but I wouldn't be surprised. If some mediocre player did what crosby does he would be known as one of the sneakiest, dirtiest, cheapest, whiningest players in the league. I'm amazed at how much leeway stardom buys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Yeah nothing bad ever happens when you deal with it on the ice........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz9RE9RGrVY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yvt0B4RXWc Anytime a hockey player complains he's labeled a wuss?
    Posted by nrguy

NRG, the NHL has been around for 95 years. Have you got anymore examples where dealing with it on the ice went horribly wrong? BTW, that linesman jumped in and saved Giroux from Crosby, not the other way around. Giroux also had no problems head-hunting in round 2. You don't think he acted like a baby but I think he did. What can we do but agree to disagree? Cheers to you sir!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah nothing bad ever happens when you deal with it on the ice........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz9RE9RGrVY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yvt0B4RXWc Anytime a hockey player complains he's labeled a wuss?
    Posted by nrguy

Your avatar is Lucic and Neely.  They are who they are because they dealt with it on the ice.

If you're going to take this stance, you need to change that to Sedin and Sedin.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery : Your avatar is Lucic and Neely.  They are who they are because they dealt with it on the ice. If you're going to take this stance, you need to change that to Sedin and Sedin.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Gazoo Twins

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery : Gazoo Twins
    Posted by shuperman

Or The Proclaimers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery : You took the word right out of my mouth. After almost every faceoff he would cross check Bergeron. Re-watch the series and you'll be astonished on how dirty he was in the faceoff circle. It's no wonder Joe Thorton wanted to kill him in that series and then the head butting started. I'm surprised Giroux is bringing this up. Anyway he's no saint either.  If we recall he was the one that concussed Bergeron on a borderline late hit.
    Posted by BsLegion

That was a pure hockey hit where Bergeron had his head down. Absolutely NOTHING wrong with that hit at all. That is the kind of hit that needs to stay in the game. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to "Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery":
    In Response to Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery : Your avatar is Lucic and Neely.  They are who they are because they dealt with it on the ice. If you're going to take this stance, you need to change that to Sedin and Sedin. Posted by Not-A-Shot
    Hey I agree, support and 100% think that it should stay on the ice, but we're talking about the NHL's golden boy here, Giroux tried to fight them and the linesman jumped right in. Crosby won't fight Giroux and the refs won't allow it. I posted the Moore hit as an example of how it's dangerous to settle it on the ice when a dance partner isn't willing. In today's NHL, going after a guy is not always the best answer because of the consequences. Have 0 problem with Giroux calling Crosby out as there isn't much else he can do besides getting dirtier.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to "Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery": Hey I agree, support and 100% think that it should stay on the ice, but we're talking about the NHL's golden boy here, Giroux tried to fight them and the linesman jumped right in. Crosby won't fight Giroux and the refs won't allow it. I posted the Moore hit as an example of how it's dangerous to settle it on the ice when a dance partner isn't willing. In today's NHL, going after a guy is not always the best answer because of the consequences. Have 0 problem with Giroux calling Crosby out as there isn't much else he can do besides getting dirtier.
    Posted by nrguy

Crosby would fight CG...have you seen Crosby fight?  I havent seen CG throw anyone around.  Both had consusions.  Neither one really wanted to fight.  There was enough time there for 3 fights to take place. 

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/98305

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/39333

Crosby is a strong man.  He isnt a fighter but when he has dropped the gloves he has done very well.  He would handle CG very easily. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Giroux Claims Crosby Was The Reason He Needed Surgery : Or The Proclaimers.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Well played...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Shupe - you're right, neither one wanted to fight. And yes I know Crosby has fought guys and would probably handle Giroux but that's not the point I'm making.

People are harping on Giroux for complaing that Crosby slashed him and saying he should handle it on the ice. For what? So he can be your (proverbial you) version of a "hockey player".

Calling people out for being dirty is not whining in my book. Everyone else is welcome to their own view, I just think that fighting has a place and this isn't the place for it (happens to Lucic or Horton, sure, bundle em but for guys that aren't fighters, should they just pick a fight and get their butt kicked?).

I love guys like Neely & Lucic because they stand up for themselves against the other teams tough guys. For a small guy like Giroux, what can he do besides getting back at him with dirty tactics? Crosby isn't going to fight a goon or tough guy on Philly is he?

My point is that once you revert to being dirty because someone doesn't want to fight or you can't fight, someone could seriously get hurt such as Brashear and Moore.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Shupe - you're right, neither one wanted to fight. And yes I know Crosby has fought guys and would probably handle Giroux but that's not the point I'm making. People are harping on Giroux for complaing that Crosby slashed him and saying he should handle it on the ice. For what? So he can be your (proverbial you) version of a "hockey player". Calling people out for being dirty is not whining in my book. Everyone else is welcome to their own view, I just think that fighting has a place and this isn't the place for it (happens to Lucic or Horton, sure, bundle em but for guys that aren't fighters, should they just pick a fight and get their butt kicked?). I love guys like Neely & Lucic because they stand up for themselves against the other teams tough guys. For a small guy like Giroux, what can he do besides getting back at him with dirty tactics? Crosby isn't going to fight a goon or tough guy on Philly is he? My point is that once you revert to being dirty because someone doesn't want to fight or you can't fight, someone could seriously get hurt such as Brashear and Moore.
    Posted by nrguy

If you're a dirty player, you lose the right to call out others for being dirty.  Giroux is a dirty player. Giroux was big enough to give Bergeron a concussion last year on a check. What was stopping him from getting revenge in that manner? He wasn't being asked to stand up to Chara or John Scott. It was Crosby who's also not a big guy.
    http://www.thecheapseats.ca/2012/05/is-claude-giroux-dirty-flyers-star-faces-hearing-for-questionable-hit.html

Sections
Shortcuts