Giroux needs to be suspended

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Giroux needs to be suspended

An another blatant act of rat-dom, the Flyers Giroux attempted to take Zubrus's head off last night. Shanny HAS to suspend him for this. Then the Devils can take, hopefully, the next game and we're rid of the Flyer rats once again. That's my Stanley cup this year!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Giroux needs to be suspended

This actually reminds me of the Matt Cooke hit on Savard, although it is certainly not as brutal.  But Giroux comes from the lateral, blind side, well after the puck is released, and then clips him square in the face while missing the rest of his body.  It's just an ugly hit.  Why not take the body there (if you must blindside someone after they have gotten rid of the puck)?  And it was obviously done out of pure anger.  If 'intent' is so important to the league, and we know that it is, I can't see how Shanny would let this hit slide without a suspension.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=630851

Hearing pending so looking like an already desperate Flyers will be w/o their star...headhunter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

This will be interesting for sure. Giroux is not a repeat offender or known for this crap. Plus he is the top point getter in the playoffs. So he probably won't get the Torres treatment but he definitely needs to get something. Philly really can't afford to lose him for any length of time and expect to keep going in the post-season.

The popcorn is being made.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It didn't look that bad to me.  I thought Zubrus was acting.

It looked that way to me, but maybe it was bad and maybe Zubrus wasn't acting.

Giroux was upset at the non call on his end and charged back looking for revenge so it was clearly premeditated.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

My bet is a heftier fine, but no suspension (fwiw, he deserves a suspension). I don't think he has the nads to suspend him with his team's season in the balance.

I'll put on my best Shanny voice..."to review...the head was the principle point of contact so this is a violation of rule 48. Claude Giroux is not a repeat offender. He did not leave his feet to "launch" at the player This act did not result in an injury". For these reasons I have decided to fine Claude Giroux $50,000."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Giroux needs to be suspended:
    [QUOTE]My bet is a heftier fine, but no suspension (fwiw, he deserves a suspension). I don't think he has the nads to suspend him with his team's season in the balance. I'll put on my best Shanny voice..."to review...the head was the principle point of contact so this is a violation of rule 48. Claude Giroux is not a repeat offender. He did not leave his feet to "launch" at the player This act did not result in an injury". For these reasons I have decided to fine Claude Giroux $50,000."
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]
    2500$ fine is what I'm expecting (if anything at all). He was already penalized for the head shot during the game. Speaking of that, am I the only fan who finds it odd they have a minor penalty in place for head-shots even though everytime one happens people feel it should be reviewed by the league? It's as if they're saying,"we feel so strongly about eliminating headshots that we're going to treat some of them as harshly as a tripping penalty".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Giroux needs to be suspended:
    [QUOTE]My bet is a heftier fine, but no suspension (fwiw, he deserves a suspension). I don't think he has the nads to suspend him with his team's season in the balance. I'll put on my best Shanny voice..."to review...the head was the principle point of contact so this is a violation of rule 48. Claude Giroux is not a repeat offender. He did not leave his feet to "launch" at the player This act did not result in an injury". For these reasons I have decided to fine Claude Giroux $50,000."
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

I could easily see this being the outcome ($2500 that is).

On the one hand, it wasn't a particularly violent hit and Zubrus does not appear to be injured (yet...neither did Horton).  I haven't heard a lot of outcry from the Devils.  Giroux is key to the series and the Flyers' season.  And, he isn't a repeat offender.

On the other hand, this was absolutely a hit that targeted the head and Shanahan has been really clear that you have to take the body and can't just clip the head with these hits.  Giroux was angry, it isn't a 'hockey play' and he targets the head.  It's kinda everything the league is trying to get rid of. 

I vote for a suspension.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I second that Fletcher!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

It really does have to be a suspension, or Shanny won't be taken seriously (well, as seriously). It was a late hit, Giroux cut in front of him and brought his shoulder in an explosive upward motion targetting the head. 1 game. no more no less

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

One game. I'm surprised...in a good way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

1 game it is
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=395280

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Last game of the series maybe?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

After watching the replay I really don't see why it was a game. Yes it was late and he did come from the blind side but it really looked like he was just trying to get in his way and interfere by stopping in front of him. It looked to me like Zubrus dramatically changed his body position and almost leaned into the shoulder that was coming. Zubrus made himself vulnerable and there's no reason he should have flailed his arm like that. Had he kept his arm in place, it would have taken the shoulder and simply brushed him off. What a crock of dung. diving to the ice like that. I really don't think that hurt at all. Or even stung. I've seen people take pucks to the head and not go down and he's going to flop to the ice and grab his face like that? Did he even get scratched? Weak.

Note. I would prefer to see the Devils beat the Fliers and I hate the Fliers, but I'm calling it how I saw it.

Edit: can't say P00? really?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Thank you Shanny! ByeBye Flyers (I Hope!)

Sections
Shortcuts