Give it to Seggy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Give it to Seggy

I remember watching the Oilers in the 80s and everyone would joke that the team strategy was "Give it to Gretzky".  Even more so when he was traded to the Kings.  Seguin is simply on fire, but Marchand was using the Give it to Seggy plan to much tonight.  He's a fine player in his own right and needs to remember that he can get it done too.  That said, wow was that line awesome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Re: Give it to Seggy

That line will only get better with time. Glad the Oilers took Taylor Hall.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Give it to Seggy and the new top line. they are the real daeland flying. the whole team is playing so much better. Glad to have you all back and better than ever. Keep up the good work. it's great to have our team back.

GO BRUINS|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

He's on pace for 90 plus points.  14 points in 12 games, even 7 goal, 7 assist split. I love the balanced scoring.  A 40 goal 40 assist guy will smoke a 25-55 guy any day. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

He should have at least 2 more goals... hit the net on a couple of freebies tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

In Response to Give it to Seggy:
    [QUOTE]I remember watching the Oilers in the 80s and everyone would joke that the team strategy was "Give it to Gretzky".  Even more so when he was traded to the Kings.  Seguin is simply on fire, but Marchand was using the Give it to Seggy plan to much tonight.  He's a fine player in his own right and needs to remember that he can get it done too.  That said, wow was that line awesome.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Ya, he kept trying to drop it to Seguin when they crossed in the neutral zone, but Seguin was expecting Marchand to hold on to it.  Bergeron did it too on the give n go in the slot where Seguin missed the open net because he wasn't really expecting to get the puck back.  Always nice to make the pretty tic-tac-toe play but all three of the guys on that line can bury it.  Might as well take some shots and let the kid rack up some assisits.  He's got 5 goals, 1 assist in the last three games = Bergeron and Marchand need to be willing to shoot the puck.

Still, no complaints here.  That line looks scary for the opposing team!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Give it to Seggy:
    [QUOTE]He's on pace for 90 plus points.  14 points in 12 games, even 7 goal, 7 assist split. I love the balanced scoring.  A 40 goal 40 assist guy will smoke a 25-55 guy any day. 
    Posted by LoveTheBruins[/QUOTE]

I usually scoff at the " on pace for..." lines this early as hot streaks account for so many skewed numbers.  In Segiuns case though this may be low. The amount of chances he is generating nightly with several different linemates makes me think he is just getting started.  He could easily of had three points yesterday.  Multiple point nights are going to be common for him.  He will have some dry spells, everybody does, but we are starting to see why central scouting had him as #1 pick over Hall.