GLEASON beats the Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins

I don't disagree Gleason should have gotten an unsportsmanlike penalty. All I'm saying is the Bruins need to put in a better and smarter effort each and every night if they want to even make the playoffs! You want to play your best down the stretch, but you still have to be in position to make the playoffs and this group has not shown a full 60 yet this season (pointing to one incident or a group of incidents detracts from that and we should not lose focus.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins:
    [QUOTE]Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Translation:  Give me attention!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I don't disagree Gleason should have gotten an unsportsmanlike penalty. All I'm saying is the Bruins need to put in a better and smarter effort each and every night if they want to even make the playoffs! You want to play your best down the stretch, but you still have to be in position to make the playoffs and this group has not shown a full 60 yet this season (pointing to one incident or a group of incidents detracts from that simple reason.)
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't have cared if they gave Horton 6 and Gleason 2 but giving Horton a double while Gleason gets nothing suggests Gleason was a victim of an unprovoked attack. Foolishness. I agree Horton should've kept his cool but I think he thought the same as me. They're giving me a penalty so I may as well make it worth it. I also got a kick out of Chara's instigator minor as there was no actual fight until Harrison chose to swing at Zee (and miss).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think Horton's penalty was really Horton's fault and it was the one that killed their chances of winning the game.

I hate being so hard on the guy, and it was great to see him shed the Panthers jersey tonight, but the timing was just awful.  The B's had just scored, they had the momentum, and then Horton jumps the guy for what appeared to be a light cross check.

Gleason was a total Canuck, and the refs got had multiple times, but the Bruins need to be better than that.  They got beat by Canuck behavior.  Badly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : Translation:  Give me attention!!!!
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Masked by self-proclaimed objectivity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I think Horton's penalty was really Horton's fault and it was the one that killed their chances of winning the game. I hate being so hard on the guy, and it was great to see him shed the Panthers jersey tonight, but the timing was just awful.  The B's had just scored, they had the momentum, and then Horton jumps the guy for what appeared to be a light cross check. Gleason was a total Canuck, and the refs got had multiple times, but the Bruins need to be better than that.  They got beat by Canuck behavior.  Badly.

And this is our voice of reason. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]I think Horton's penalty was really Horton's fault and it was the one that killed their chances of winning the game. I hate being so hard on the guy, and it was great to see him shed the Panthers jersey tonight, but the timing was just awful.  The B's had just scored, they had the momentum, and then Horton jumps the guy for what appeared to be a light cross check. Gleason was a total Canuck, and the refs got had multiple times, but the Bruins need to be better than that.  They got beat by Canuck behavior.  Badly.
    I loved the action but hated the timing. He also should have just decked him. I think Gleasons actions throughout the game are what essentially did it. Bruins sucked but Gleason was 1,000x more of an agitator then Marchand has yet to be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : Masked by self-proclaimed objectivity.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Did you not start a ST thread?  Give it a rest.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Got beat by Canuck behavior, love it. That,and i have to agree, Nathan took  away whatever momentum the B's had generated. Ward played great and the Canes had their game plan down pat, it worked.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : I wouldn't have cared if they gave Horton 6 and Gleason 2 but giving Horton a double while Gleason gets nothing suggests Gleason was a victim of an unprovoked attack. Foolishness. I agree Horton should've kept his cool but I think he thought the same as me. They're giving me a penalty so I may as well make it worth it. I also got a kick out of Chara's instigator minor as there was no actual fight until Harrison chose to swing at Zee (and miss).

Lol ... incredible. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : Did you not start a ST thread?  Give it a rest.
    Stating an opinion relating to a particular game/circumstance is considerably different than repeating the same things over and over again. Laughable you'd compare my anti-Thornton thread to your constant Marchand bashing. Constantly making derisive comments isn't bing objective at all. It's being confrontational. You basically proved my point on the Staal thread when in 1 breath you compared his celebration to the golf swing/finger incidents and then close out by saying it's OK because Staal is a classy guy and it was a big game. Much like how you have no problems with sticking up for Subban, etc., yet feel Marchand's behavior is somehow reprehensible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : Stating an opinion relating to a particular game/circumstance is considerably different than repeating the same things over and over again. Laughable you'd compare my anti-Thornton thread to your constant Marchand bashing. Constantly making derisive comments isn't bing objective at all. It's being confrontational. You basically proved my point on the Staal thread when in 1 breath you compared his celebration to the golf swing/finger incidents and then close out by saying it's OK because Staal is a classy guy and it was a big game. Much like how you have no problems with sticking up for Subban, etc., yet feel Marchand's behavior is somehow reprehensible.

Translation.  You can critize a player and I can't. 

My point being with Staal is that it was a big goal.  Acceptible to taunt a bench?  No.  But its ok when ours do. 
    Wow did you put words in my mouth.  Im now a Subban lover.  I actually watched him pull his antics on TSN tonight.  I said it would be funny to watch people on here react similar to how they did when Staal(best player in the rink-pretty sure you like him from a thread last week) gives it to our bench. 

One is ok.  One isnt.  I need to know why its ok for our guys.  why is it cool?

But you did change my words nicely.  Shame on you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : Translation.  You can critize a player and I can't.  My point being with Staal is that it was a big goal.  Acceptible to taunt a bench?  No.  But its ok when ours do.  Wow did you put words in my mouth.  Im now a Subban lover.  I actually watched him pull his antics on TSN tonight.  I said it would be funny to watch people on here react similar to how they did when Staal(best player in the rink-pretty sure you like him from a thread last week) gives it to our bench.  One is ok.  One isnt.  I need to know why its ok for our guys.  why is it cool? But you did change my words nicely.  Shame on you.
    When did I say it was OK for Marchand or Ference to do those things? That's the difference, I'm not trying to say it's acceptable behavior for anyone (Bruin or otherwise). If you don't think I'd be disgusted by a Bruin acting the way Gleason did tonight then you're sadly mistaken.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

How about when Allen came to the rescue of Gleason , 2 on 1 , got Lucic in a headlock but then hides behind the linesmen when Lucic broke loose  . 
    That was one hell of a yellow, pansy move by Allen. 
    The best after the Horton misconduct Gleason went back to bench and the coaches were tapping on the shoulder " Good JOb !"   LOL... toucher la tourtue" Good job on the turtle ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : When did I say it was OK for Marchand or Ference to do those things? That's the difference, I'm not trying to say it's acceptable behavior for anyone (Bruin or otherwise). If you don't think I'd be disgusted by a Bruin acting the way Gleason did tonight then you're sadly mistaken.

That's the whole song and dance with shupe.  He thinks he's always being objective simply because he counters the emotions of Bruins fans.  If Marchand did exactly what Gleason did tonight shupe would be falling all over himself to bang on the home town guy.  If another team does it...ho hum, stop whining.  Doesn't make any sense, but it gets attention.  Just like it's supposed to. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]How about when Allen came to the rescue of Gleason , 2 on 1 , got Lucic in a headlock but then hides behind the linesmen when Lucic broke loose  .  That was one hell of a yellow, pansy move by Allen.  The best after the Horton misconduct Gleason went back to bench and the coaches were tapping on the shoulder " Good JOb !"   LOL... toucher la tourtue" Good job on the turtle ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

How about when Chara came to rescue Horton? 

I'm in shock from the three of you tonight.  I mean I know Im a pest.  I hope you read your world against the Bruins threads tomorrow.  Easily the top 3 on here with San and NAS rounding out my top 5.  Unreal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : That's the whole song and dance with shupe.  He thinks he's always being objective simply because he counters the emotions of Bruins fans.  If Marchand did exactly what Gleason did tonight shupe would be falling all over himself to bang on the home town guy.  If another team does it...ho hum, stop whining.  Doesn't make any sense, but it gets attention.  Just like it's supposed to. 

Again.  Practice what you preach.  My threads like this started when all I read was drivel like what I have tonight.   Saying Carolina had no honor.  I saw Chara put a pounding on a willing Harrison who also had his clock cleaned by Lucic before.  I saw Carolina play a game they wanted to win.  They missed the playoffs by a win last year.  They are playing hard.  They pulled some antics that I dont nec like but the bruins played and have played pretty drab hockey all year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : How about when Chara came to rescue Horton?  I'm in shock from the three of you tonight.  I mean I know Im a pest.  I hope you read your world against the Bruins threads tomorrow.  Easily the top 3 on here with San and NAS rounding out my top 5.  Unreal.

Horton fights his own battles, not always at the right time.
    I got give it to you, at least you're fighting back and not like that pansy , Gleason.
    Now get ready the wolves will come biting.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : When did I say it was OK for Marchand or Ference to do those things? That's the difference, I'm not trying to say it's acceptable behavior for anyone (Bruin or otherwise). If you don't think I'd be disgusted by a Bruin acting the way Gleason did tonight then you're sadly mistaken.

I am pretty sure you said it was funny and nothing when it happened and when I commented on it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : Horton fights his own battles, not always at the right time. I got give it to you, at least you're fighting back and not like that pansy , Gleason.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Did you not see the video i posted to you.  Go watch and comment please. 

And for the record.  Gleason is a pretty willing customer.  Go watch his fights.  Someone will post the leaf fight.  Dont.  I already watched it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : Again.  Practice what you preach.  My threads like this started when all I read was drivel like what I have tonight.   Saying Carolina had no honor.  I saw Chara put a pounding on a willing Harrison who also had his clock cleaned by Lucic before.  I saw Carolina play a game they wanted to win.  They missed the playoffs by a win last year.  They are playing hard.  They pulled some antics that I dont nec like but the bruins played and have played pretty drab hockey all year. 

I doubt anybody would disagree with the above.  But that's not what you've been writing.  I've written several posts tonight saying exactly the same.  The Bruins were beaten by themselves.  they allowed themselves to get suckered and they deserved to lose.  Doesn't mean there is no place for some questioning of all the misconducts and antics. 

So let me make one observation.  You love this.  You are never, ever, more active on these boards than after a big, emotional Bruins loss.  And you come with an agenda to battle all of the loyalists, whether that position is logical or not.  I've noticed the you're a lot harder to find when the Bruins are doing well.  I think you can't wait to come on here after a big loss and pitch your whole "objectivity" thing in everyone's face.  That's why people always wonder if you're a fan or not.  It's not your opinions, it the excitment with which you jump on this team after a big loss.  You love pretending you're on an island of reason and everyone else is wrong.  It's just odd, to say the least, and very often hypocritical.

But, you're right, I should stop getting sucked into it and talking about you.  I'd rather talk Bruins.  After I saw my name in about a half dozen of your posts tonight I took the bait.  Shame on me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : Did you not see the video i posted to you.  Go watch and comment please.  And for the record.  Gleason is a pretty willing customer.  Go watch his fights.  Someone will post the leaf fight.  Dont.  I already watched it. 

Looked quickly and could not find your video.  Too tired , I'm getting old. I just turned 45 today.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : I doubt anybody would disagree with the above.  But that's not what you've been writing.  I've written several posts tonight saying exactly the same.  The Bruins were beaten by themselves.  they allowed themselves to get suckered and they deserved to lose.  Doesn't mean there is no place for some questioning of all the misconducts and antics.  So let me make one observation.  You love this.  You are never, ever, more active on these boards than after a big, emotional Bruins loss.  And you come with an agenda to battle all of the loyalists, whether that position is logical or not.  I've noticed the you're a lot harder to find when the Bruins are doing well.  I think you can't wait to come on here after a big loss and pitch your whole "objectivity" thing in everyone's face.  That's why people always wonder if you're a fan or not.  It's not your opinions, it the excitment with which you jump on this team after a big loss.  You love pretending you're on an island of reason and everyone else is wrong.  It's just odd, to say the least, and very often hypocritical. But, you're right, I should stop getting sucked into it and talking about you.  I'd rather talk Bruins.  After I saw my name in about a half dozen of your posts tonight I took the bait.  Shame on me.

I actually commented on one where you were Fletch.  I also posted on Kelv and other that were making hockey sense.  And going after the morons that want blood guts and and just drivel..  I actually also come in here after a big win or when the Bruins paste the Habs in a fight filled game where we have all honor and the habs got what they had coming.  I also will debate hockey to the fullest on any level you wanna go.  I also have defended a player(Marchand) that I dont like but feel he has been a our best skater this year.  I also can and willing admit when I am wrong.  Battle with the regulars.  No.  I respect you, BsL and Dez.  I will throw San in there as well b/c we had ours digs last year. 
    Objectivity and me on an island.  Hardly.  Kelv said it perfectly.  I agreed. 
    We had a game against colorado where we dominated the PP.  I think it was Carolina.  We didnt score.  We lost.  Now, I don't remember many saying boy we sure got the ref on our side tonight.
    Tonight was a bad officiated game late.  But come on.  We played an undisiplined hockey game and we are losing to teams that are on the cusp of not making the playoffs.  We are also the defending champs and we have a bullseye like I said last week.
    Do I get a laugh from this.  Yes I do.  I find it comical actually.  I normally can count on you for the so called "voice of reason".  But again, you have no issue firing something about what I say.  Which is followed by a Dez thread saying "Voice of reason". 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Fletch--dig the whole "he was being a canuck". The team, not the people.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : I am pretty sure you said it was funny and nothing when it happened and when I commented on it. 
    I said that I expected Ference to be punished (deservedly so) for the finger and that it was a stupid rookie move by Marchand when he taunted the Leafs. My only defense of Marchand at the time was that it wouldn't anger the Hockey Gods as much as you were proclaiming it would (1 of us was right). I actually didn't think Staal's celebration was a big deal either but it's still a fine example of your common theme. You're quick to proclaim members of the opposition to be gamers and warriors and even quicker to admonish the same behavior from a Bruin. I don't think I'm the only 1 who's noticed. It doesn't bother me as much as you might think. What I find troubling is the way you can get defensive when faced with the exact reaction from the masses that you were looking for.........

Sections
Shortcuts