GLEASON beats the Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins

In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : Looked quickly and could not find your video.  Too tired , I'm getting old. I just turned 45 today.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Happy Birthday Legion! They'll win 1 for you next year.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : Thank you.  Blaming zebras is an easy straw to grab.  True, the calls were questionable, but this team failed to show up in the first 2 periods.  They've sunk to a new low.   What's worrisome is the unknown of whether they can sink lower. 2-4.  They need to at least get to 5-5 in the first 10 and re-evaluate. Has a team ever made the playoffs scoring 82 goals?  Cause that's where they're heading if they keep up this "hot streak of scoring."  
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    Really Ipot? The Stanley Cup champs start 2-4 and it's a "new low"? Jesus man, get off of the ledge.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : I meant new low for THIS young season, dez.   I thought they'd come back from that hard fought W in Chicago with some spark, but they looked relatively flat again for the first 2 periods. The refs didn't help, but they DID get unglued in 3rd (our guys I mean). Maybe it's a good thing.  They got their frustrations out.  Now they can get back to playing their game.  And scoring some goals. Far from the ledge.   At 2-8, I climb the ledge;)
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    I'm sorry for over-reacting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I liked the emotion, good to see a pulse from the boys. 

- The Horton double-minor was undisciplined and ill-timed, and ultimately killed their chances to complete the comeback.
    - The officiating seemed to go a little overboard in the end, handing out minors and misconducts like candy
    - Can't remember the last time I saw an NHL coach chucked?
    - No surprise that shupe would be out here acting like "johnny contrarian" as he tries to do in most of his posts.  Another "look at me, I can be objective, you all wear black 'n' gold shaded glasses" moment from a tiresome poster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I hate the globe. I just typed out a nice long response to crowls but it wouldnt let me submit it because some word was innapropriate.

I limited the potential candidates down to
    Spark
    PO'd
    W
    Sith

It wouldnt tell me which one so i had to delete the post some times this board just ughh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : How about when Chara came to rescue Horton?  I'm in shock from the three of you tonight.  I mean I know Im a pest.  I hope you read your world against the Bruins threads tomorrow.  Easily the top 3 on here with San and NAS rounding out my top 5.  Unreal.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

After a good night's sleep it dawned on me what our captain did , HE STUCK UP FOR HIS TEAMMATE THAT WAS CONCUSSED IN JUNE,  remember ?

I thought that would make you proud as on numerous occasions you took jabsat Chara for not being a good captain and not sticking up for his teammates.
    That would answer your question.

Hope you also had a great sleep like me and feel refreshed. Cheers mate.

p.s. NASnow you know why in this NHL if you go after a player in the heat of the action what could happen. Proof; Gleason with Horton,  and is why I guess Thorton has to ask to fight so he does not put his team in at a disadvantage.
    Agree or disagree it's a reality in the NHL.
    I do agree Horton had bad timing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : read the posts and tell me thats not whats being done on here.  We had 800 PP against Colorado.  Poor bruins getting picked on by the refs when we lose.  Give it a rest.  They are playing bad hockey.  it was 2-0 until we made a game of it. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Blaming the refs for a loss in which you eked out 1 goal and were beaten fairly on good saves by one of the NHL's best goalies on other chances is homerism at  its worst. They lost because the Canes played better. The  Bruiins offense is looking putrid without Krejci right now.  Luckily, it's early.

Tuukka's getting thrown under the Zamboni again like he was for a lot of starts last year (if he was a pitcher he'd have the lowest run support in the league). I'd also check the locker room to see if Looch and Horton are drinking Bud Lights and chowing down Popeyes before the games start.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins :  What I find troubling is the way you can get defensive when faced with the exact reaction from the masses that you were looking for.........
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Bingo.  Now that's the voice of reason.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : Exactly. Blaming the refs for a loss in which you eked out 1 goal and were beaten fairly on good saves by one of the NHL's best goalies on other chances is homerism at  its worst. They lost because the Canes played better. The  Bruiins offense is looking putrid without Krejci right now.  Luckily, it's early. Tuukka's getting thrown under the Zamboni again like he was for a lot of starts last year (if he was a pitcher he'd have the lowest run support in the league). I'd also check the locker room to see if Looch and Horton are drinking Bud Lights and chowing down Popeyes before the games start.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Originally when I started this thread it was not to give an excuse as why the Bruins lost.  They just didn't play well enough after the first 5mins of the game and got in a hole down 2-0.
    The point of my thread was how this guy, Gleason, got away with some cheap antics.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

He is still a wheasel. Who goats someone into a fight, then backs down? He caused a lot of this and should have been thrown out of the stadium on his chicken $@#!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ok, no one answered my question on why CJ was thrown out.  Then this morning I find out the decision is recinded.  What?  The preplexing thought is why did he leave for the lockerroom.  Was it an over reaction by the referees?  If the Bs overreacted in the thrid period (obviously), then did the referees also bear some responsibility for the third period.  Personally the calls on Chara in the second and third period were a bit poor.  Why? Who lost control of the game?  The Bs were out of control in the third, but the game was called out of control imo!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ4vtvYfG2A&feature=player_embedded

Just rewatched the tough stuff.

You know I have NEVER in my life seen ref's so blatantly protect one team from another like we saw last night. Did the Bruins blow a nutty? yes... Were they teh only ones out of line last night? No, the refs were way off base.

In the Chara fight Harrison is ready to go and on his feet looking to fight, him and Chara are fully engaged. Yet the ref puts is own life on the line to save Harrison from the beating he most likely would've gotten from Chara. Skinner's tackle and push down on Ference was also rediculous they should let that little punk fight Marchand when Skinner is fully participating in the antics himself, no1 on Carolina was innocent.

If Im a fan of that team I'd be happy they won, but not with how they won. I coudlnt root for a team that played like that night in and night out. The next match should be a doozy.

Gleason is shameful.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

After watching some of the game again, I think the point from most posters here is that it is possible to have more than one reaction or thought about what happened, without being a homer and letting the B's off the hook.

First Reaction - The Bruins blew it.  They had a chance to win the game and seemed to actually have momentum in the 3rd, when Horton began a foolish trend of choosing physical revenge over trying to win the game.  This is a championship team that should be too good and too experienced to get repeatedly suckered by lesser players on a lesser team.  Toughness only works if it is blended with talent and discipline.  Stupid penalties lost the game.

Second Reaction - NHL refs shouldn't be goaded and manipulated so easily, and they shouldn't throw people out of the game for shoving someone with a gloved hand.  They looked lazy to me, and they took over the game to make their jobs easier.  Carolina set a game plan that rested largely on the reaction of the refs, and the refs seemed all to happy to take the bait.  There seemed to be a concerted effort to protect Carolina players that initiated physical confrontations only to then back away and ask for help from the officials.  Harrison, Gleason, and even Skinner could be expected to deal with the confrontations that they started on some occasions.  Marchand, Lucic, and Chara were all given misconducts for shoving a player that was seeking a confrontation (Skinner, Gleason, Ward).  Is that what a misconduct is?

Julien was apparently penalized and kicked out and that has already been rescinded(?).  The refs took the easy way out by just throwing people out of the game to make their job easier (and Carolina's). 

Bad all around.  I hope both the Bruins and the refs get chewed out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

After the early first period barrage in which Ward made some dazzling stops to keep the Bruins at bay the home side's play levelled off and they were behind by goals so I'm not excusing them. 

It's been long-since been said a well-officiated game is when there is no mention of the officiating which makes it all the more curious that Gleason's behaviour was largely without consequence and unchecked according to the referees and their judgement of it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]After the early first period barrage in which Ward made some dazzling stops to keep the Bruins at bay the home side's play levelled off and they were behind by goals so I'm not excusing them.  It's been long-since been said a well-officiated game is when there is no mention of the officiating which makes it all the more curious that Gleason's behaviour was largely without consequence and unchecked according to the referees and their judgement of it.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Cant really blame the refs. Gleasons act was the equivalent of sticking his tongue out at kids during recess.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I've always said NHL refs are the worst in sports. Like how they jumped between Chara and Harrison when Harrison deserved a beatdown, and prevented that from happening. They don't seem so inclined to break up a fight when it's a Bruin that's overmatched. These awful refs should be called out by name. They're too anonymous and know they can get away with it. I don't know what they have against the B's but it was obvious in the playoffs and it's obvious now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]After watching some of the game again, I think the point from most posters here is that it is possible to have more than one reaction or thought about what happened, without being a homer and letting the B's off the hook. First Reaction - The Bruins blew it.  They had a chance to win the game and seemed to actually have momentum in the 3rd, when Horton began a foolish trend of choosing physical revenge over trying to win the game.  This is a championship team that should be too good and too experienced to get repeatedly suckered by lesser players on a lesser team.  Toughness only works if it is blended with talent and discipline.  Stupid penalties lost the game. Second Reaction - NHL refs shouldn't be goaded and manipulated so easily, and they shouldn't throw people out of the game for shoving someone with a gloved hand.  They looked lazy to me, and they took over the game to make their jobs easier.  Carolina set a game plan that rested largely on the reaction of the refs, and the refs seemed all to happy to take the bait.  There seemed to be a concerted effort to protect Carolina players that initiated physical confrontations only to then back away and ask for help from the officials.  Harrison, Gleason, and even Skinner could be expected to deal with the confrontations that they started on some occasions.  Marchand, Lucic, and Chara were all given misconducts for shoving a player that was seeking a confrontation (Skinner, Gleason, Ward).  Is that what a misconduct is? Julien was apparently penalized and kicked out and that has already been rescinded(?).  The refs took the easy way out by just throwing people out of the game to make their job easier (and Carolina's).  Bad all around.  I hope both the Bruins and the refs get chewed out.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    spot on fletch, thanks for saving me the time

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : I said that I expected Ference to be punished (deservedly so) for the finger and that it was a stupid rookie move by Marchand when he taunted the Leafs. My only defense of Marchand at the time was that it wouldn't anger the Hockey Gods as much as you were proclaiming it would (1 of us was right). I actually didn't think Staal's celebration was a big deal either but it's still a fine example of your common theme. You're quick to proclaim members of the opposition to be gamers and warriors and even quicker to admonish the same behavior from a Bruin. I don't think I'm the only 1 who's noticed. It doesn't bother me as much as you might think. What I find troubling is the way you can get defensive when faced with the exact reaction from the masses that you were looking for.........
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Much like the whole Gilbert Brule/Boychuk incident last year. Imagine if that was Marchand?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GLEASON beats the Bruins : Cant really blame the refs. Gleasons act was the equivalent of sticking his tongue out at kids during recess.
    Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE]
    Not at all. If I'm slashing you you better be ready to go because I am. If I'm sticking my tongue at you... I'm Avery?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Ha ha ha, love the uni on Comic Book Store Guy ... ha ha ha. Midevil Forklore, that was what his graduate degree was in. At least the guy had a strong command of English. If you're gonna be an erudite pacifist and deride pugs, you should at least be able to constuct a complete sentence. Ha ha ha.